Minimum cranking amps for a 259 xs

Been looking to replace my lead batteries with lithium ones relion has one that has 1000 cranking amps . Will this be enough .currently I have a sears platinum with 1500 cranking amps .relion has a battery that will.do 1500 cranking amps .too large for my battery tray

2. Member
    Sticky at the top of the forum page contains your answer.

3. Member
    Thanks

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Please read the Announcements and provide the required info. Thanks!

http://www.bbcboards.net/mercury-3-l...ed-3-15-a.html

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Pumamac,
    Engine manufacturers suggest a higher CCA batteries with a larger reserve capacity than what is actually needed to start your engine. This is because of the drains a starting battery endures throughout the day on the water or when you boat sits a while between use. Many engines are very voltage sensitive and will not start unless the battery reads above a certain voltage. If you do not have a large reserve capacity your lead acid battery will fall below the voltage limit the engine needs to read to fire. This also burns up starters very quickly. Lithium maintains a voltage about 12V throughout the entire discharge cycle. So even if one of our 100AH batteries were 90% empty it will still show enough voltage to start your engine. The actual CA needed to start a typical engine is much lower than what is recommended from the manufacturers.
    Michael Bergstrom
    www.relionbattery.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    9868 Harrisburg Rd.

Fort Mill, SC 29707
    Cell: 803.322.2595
    Office: 844.385.9840
    Toll Free: 800.472.5583
    mbergstrom@relionbattery.com

I use the 100ah Relion battery for my cranking battery. I run a '15 Mercury 250 ProXS, dual power poles, and 3 Lowrance units. It easily out performs the Diehard platinum battery that I used before switching to lithium. Even on tournament day, with everything on and running hard all day, the battery is usually charged within an hour!

Quote Originally Posted by TKB View Post
    I use the 100ah Relion battery for my cranking battery. I run a '15 Mercury 250 ProXS, dual power poles, and 3 Lowrance units. It easily out performs the Diehard platinum battery that I used before switching to lithium. Even on tournament day, with everything on and running hard all day, the battery is usually charged within an hour!
    Great to hear TKB! Thanks for your feedback!
    Michael Bergstrom
    www.relionbattery.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    9868 Harrisburg Rd.

Fort Mill, SC 29707

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Good feedback there.

I would agree that where such a Lithium is within the boat-owner's financial means, it is definitely a superior alternative.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

9. Member
    Can't say enough great things about my Relion Lithium's.
    I went from Odyssey batteries to a 100 ah for cranking and 3 50 ah's for my trolling and I can not kill my trolling motor with a full day of fishing or holding in current. The cranking battery just keeps everything running stable. With electronics demanding constant voltage pumps running along with your motor which is sensitive to to having the constant correct voltage for your ECU and fuel delivery system to function properly especially at the end of the day is priceless.
    Egret Moccasin 210 Mercury 225

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Good feedback there.

I would agree that where such a Lithium is within the boat-owner's financial means, it is definitely a superior alternative.
    That was thenkey word right there. Financial means. $$$$$$$$$ to deep for my blue ccollar pockets but if I were sponsored I'd have them
    2000 520vx Ranger
    250 PRO XS
    SERIAL#2B115788/ 25P Fury 4/ 25P Fury 3 blade

Quote Originally Posted by flatsboy View Post
    Can't say enough great things about my Relion Lithium's.
    I went from Odyssey batteries to a 100 ah for cranking and 3 50 ah's for my trolling and I can not kill my trolling motor with a full day of fishing or holding in current. The cranking battery just keeps everything running stable. With electronics demanding constant voltage pumps running along with your motor which is sensitive to to having the constant correct voltage for your ECU and fuel delivery system to function properly especially at the end of the day is priceless.
    Great to hear!
    Michael Bergstrom
    www.relionbattery.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    9868 Harrisburg Rd.

Fort Mill, SC 29707