Mercury Optimax Problem HELP

I was flushing my motor out while I was cleaning my reels after a trip and it just randomly shut off on me. I went to try to crank it back up and it would turn over but no fire. So I popped the hood off, and when I turn the key to "on" which causes the fuel pump to kick on, and it makes the squealing noise in the vid that I've never heard before. I did get it to fire up like 2 times but it shut back off within 3-4 seconds and sounded like a lock. Here's the vid on YouTube.

Any of you guys have any clue of what it is? Fuel pump bad maybe? Motor is a 2008 Merc 225 Optimax Pro XS with 212hrs on it. Thanks for the help.
    (A guy on another website told me to find European AM on here?? He supposesly will know exactly what the problem is. Thanks)

2. Banned
    The whistling sounds like the compressor.
    You for sure had a good connection to the water hose, and a good stream of water was coming out of the tell-tale hole when sitting there running?
    What do you mean by it sounds like a "lock"?
    Don (EuropeanAM) will need the serial number of your motor.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Please see the Announcements, and provide your engine serial number when posting.

Sounds like a reed- or a compressor problem.

Good idea to start with the BASICS:

-Compression Test
    -Spark Test
    -Fuel Quality, Delivery, and Air/Fuel Pressure and leakdown tests.

Moving thread to the 3L Forum (obviously some 3L model from the video).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Mine is currently doing same. Been wondering if it’s the compressor

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritonman06 View Post
    Mine is currently doing same. Been wondering if it’s the compressor
    Please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and open your own (separate) thread for your engine, providing the required info.

This post has been inactive for over 5 years now...

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor