Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Hell yeah! If i won the lottery, they would call me wishitwassmaller, but really, who would wish it was smaller??

I have been on the fence about the consoles as well, but sitting behind one and having that HDS10 in the console is worth it. Plus I think when you add color to them they look much better. Each to their own. The more folks who post honest opinions the more info Charger will have as they tweak the design.

3. Member
    Tommy you are correct. All companies need feed back for next years model. Honestly, the console, not sure.

4. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    My comments about the console were not about the size. The size is great!!!! I just don't care for the way they are shaped. The face, with the instruments, etc.. is good, but I would like to see the over-all shape sleeker, to fit in with the rest of the boat. The rest of the boat is very, very nice!!!! Just my thoughts on a great product!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    My comments about the console were not about the size. The size is great!!!! I just don't care for the way they are shaped. The face, with the instruments, etc.. is good, but I would like to see the over-all shape sleeker, to fit in with the rest of the boat. The rest of the boat is very, very nice!!!! Just my thoughts on a great product!
    I agree with this 100%, I understand Function over Form, and i would probably even still buy one.. but they look do look like a bit of an afterthought.. like Charger put a ton of time into a beautifully designed boat and then time ran out just upon finishing the movie "space balls" and threw some "Dark Helmet" consoles on and called it good. ;)

Dark-Helmet-Spaceballs-300x227.jpg
    '04 CHARGER 496 - 225 Optimax
    '07
    CHARGER ProTeam 296 - 200 Optimax

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanman View Post
    I agree with this 100%, I understand Function over Form, and i would probably even still buy one.. but they look do look like a bit of an afterthought.. like Charger put a ton of time into a beautifully designed boat and then time ran out just upon finishing the movie "space balls" and threw some "Dark Helmet" consoles on and called it good. ;)

Dark-Helmet-Spaceballs-300x227.jpg
    now that you mention it I like them even more now just have to make sure they are black!
    Evilution lures
    SEAGUAR

7. Member
    I love the big drivers console, but would never install the passenger console a it just looks to void. I have one question though being as I cant find good deck photos that my work cpu doesn't block, are the live wells by the engine compartment? Or are they directly behind the seats? My 296 has the live wells by the engine compartment and that would be my only complaint.

8. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Almost center behind seats like the 596

9. Member
    I certainly hope this model sticks around for many years to come. I can't find anything I don't love about this boat...except I can't afford to order one TODAY! Well, the consoles are not my favorite either. I saw a pic online of a 797 with dual consoles similar to the sleeker 496/596. I hope that remains optional. Seriously, one of the finest boats I've ever seen, and from what I've read/heard, the performance matches the appearance. I hope these stick around long enough for this poor boy to save up a down payment

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Hawg View Post
    I certainly hope this model sticks around for many years to come. I can't find anything I don't love about this boat...except I can't afford to order one TODAY! Well, the consoles are not my favorite either. I saw a pic online of a 797 with dual consoles similar to the sleeker 496/596. I hope that remains optional. Seriously, one of the finest boats I've ever seen, and from what I've read/heard, the performance matches the appearance. I hope these stick around long enough for this poor boy to save up a down payment
    Couldn't agree with you more! Love my 797 and I have the original consoles. I hope you can get one for your next boat!

11. Member
    It'll definitely be on my short list, when the funds become available. Hope to get a test ride someday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12