Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
  1. Member
    260 has less hp than a modern 300 xs and maybe less than a 250xs. For example on a xb21 Allison, due to the torque and 1400 lb hull wieght the 250 xs is a touch faster and the 300xs quite a bit faster. Don't necessarily need a race motor unless the hull is too small to support the 505 lb motor vs the 400 lb motor.

I went from a fairly extensively modified 2.5 200 (ran with most 225 promax on similar hulls) and gained 10 mph going to a 250 xs

2. Member
    My 96 jag with a 225 efi has seen 72. That's as fast as I wanna go.

3. Member
    Interesting read for sure. Wish I knew where that boat was stored at LOZ, I'd like to take a look at it.

That is the old engine pre 1998, '97 back, and the 1998 260 has the same electronics as the 280 that one year. This engine does not have the same injection system.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrgfm View Post
    ya' i know,old post,but christmas is coming again,come and get her,,she's even sitting at canada's newest BCB dealership,0 hours,ruck block with marles pistons and rods,7600 is just warming up,she'll twist the tach needle off of most bass boats,you'll need some bigger props,smartcraft delete.
    there is a gentleman that lives a few blocks away from me with this same engine (cowling graphics) anyway it has sat outside for the last 8-10 years and has never moved. Mounted to a tunnel hull type boat. I have always been curious on what motor he had. Thanks for sharing pic

6. Member
    locals know it happened and know the man saying it would not lie about the speed of the boat.he wasnt boasting big numbers he was asked about the speed of the boat.keep carrying your video camera around so you can prove what you say to your friends.the boats did exactly what it was built to do.he also knew the risk posting the speed numbers bc some people just can't handle the truth.hopefully you really don't doubt it so much as you want to see it done.i would like to see it too but not bc i doubt his words.i would like to see it just bc it's what makes my heart thump thump

7. Member
    mine is limited at 7650.right where the factory put it.the only way to allow it is to replace ecu or send it in to have it removed or raised

8. Member
    I say Blev has the fast stock Basscat on the planet.

9. Banned
    I'd never have the balls to try to tell Rick Pierce ANYTHING about Basscats or the setup's he's run. You guys are just unbelievable.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by d'Wayne View Post
    I'd never have the balls to try to tell Rick Pierce ANYTHING about Basscats or the setup's he's run. You guys are just unbelievable.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports1 View Post
    Pretty sure there are some Eyras that are faster.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by angle iron View Post
    Pretty sure there are some Eyras that are faster.
    Oh okay. Just when I saw him clock 82-83 I was impressed.

13. Member
    That is definitely getting it!!

14. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    I have ran side by side with a Puma with a 250 HO running 83.....so

15. Member
    Woulda been fun to watch, thats for sure. I guess it was about 2003, I was at Luters 4wd and marine in Laurel, Ms. Walkway area between the sales counter and the shop there were 5 or 6 assorted greasy chairs and stools and was the local hangout to bs about boats and lie about fishin. Walked in this day, and there was only one guy there and I'd never seen him before. Long story short, we sat there and swapped fishing and deer hunting stories for about 2 1/2 hours. Finally he got up, and said he had to head back home. After he walked out i asked my buddy, the owner, "who was that feller?" He said that was Rick Pierce. He owns basscat boats. Anybody who ever spent a while talking to this man wouldnt doubt what he said if he said he drove a party barge 140mph.
    Paul

16. Member
    I had a 2007 puma that bass cat originally had a 300 XS racing engine on. Not sure how fast it ran with that motor, but when I got the boat they installed a new 225 ProXS on it and I had it up to 76 mph. Sure I could have gotten it faster had I had the boat longer. Bet it would have run 84+ with a 250 on it. I'm guessing it was in the 90s with the 300.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    I have ran side by side with a Puma with a 250 HO running 83.....so
    I know a Blazer can run. Just taking about a Basscat.

18. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    I know a Blazer can run. Just taking about a Basscat.
    Well, I was in a Blazer running right beside the Puma and the Puma ran 83. I wouldn't have believed it either. This is the rig in question.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    Well, I was in a Blazer running right beside the Puma and the Puma ran 83. I wouldn't have believed it either. This is the rig in question.

Oh okay.

Who is Blev? If ur talking about me my boats been 84mph on a lake and not down river. I don't believe my boat is anything special.... The engine is a bone stock 2015 mercury 250 pro xs with a stock out of the box 26P Fury prop. The engine nor the prop have been tuned or modified in anyway shape or form.... I dyno tune cars for a living and some have asked if i have tuned on the engine but i don't have software for these mercury marine engines! My boats a dual console, 36v system, stereo system etc and i almost always run half tanks of fuel when i go out. Stock 26p fury for prop. Its all about setup and driving it properly. If i took some stuff out and played with props there is no doubt in my mind it could go a little faster. But i like how the boat is setup now it carrys a load VERY well and handles very well.

I've heard oh well u got a hot motor etc... Well im not that lucky unfortunately lol. My Nitro Z-8 with 250 merc i just came out of went 80mph and actually seen 81 before of course i got called a liar from people on this forum as i was new to it and there were doubts and i had to prove that with a video as well. Some people just don't take the time or have the know how to set the boat up properly drive it and get the boats doing what they're capable of so they call BS. Every puma, cougar or eyra with a 250 is an 80+ mph boat. FACT!

When u do something not everyone does its sadly the normal response for some to call BS.

Now on to the subject at hand.... If Rick says this boat ran what it did why would he lie!?!? That wouldn't make any sense or benefit him in any way. Instead of calling BS why don't the ones that are in disbelief set back and learn a few things before disrespecting someone else that has done a lot for this community and has a lot of knowledge. I know thats not the easiest way to feel better that u cant make it happen but lets show some class here people.
    Last edited by Blevins; 04-28-2017 at 06:03 PM.
    2015 Bass Cat Cougar FTD Mercury 250 PRO XS
    Blevins Tuning
    S&S Marine

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast