Fridge issues....

Anyone here work on RV's? I just bought another RV, this time a toyhauler. The fridge works great on AC power but not gas/battery. Any ideas?
    Thanks

Flu pipe may have dust or spider webs inside keeping the pilot from lighting. Take the vent cover off the side of the trailer and blow the crap out of all the plumbing you see. The pilot light on a fridge is really small and anything can keep it from lighting.

Thanks, I'll check that out.

I assume it is DSI so have you checked the battery and gas tank changeover valve position?

Yes, gas and battery are good. Water heater runs fine on gas and brand new battery with full charge. All other 12 volt fixtures work great. When I drop the 120, the check light comes on on the front of the fridge.

Have you pulled the outside panel and checked to see if the solenoid wire is connected or if a cutoff valve is installed? If this is ok then it may be the circuit board. You may can go online and find a operators manual.

7. Member
    May have air in the gas line. Try lighting the stove for a minute the try the fridge.

8. Member
    Probably a bad circuit board in the fridge. A lot of times it will be that in the opposite problem though.

Ronnie
    1998 Triton TR20
    1998 Mercury 200EFI

Most likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncsouthpaw View Post
    Probably a bad circuit board in the fridge. A lot of times it will be that in the opposite problem though.

Ronnie

10. Member
    I had the same problem, mine turned out to be the igniter. Carbon build's up on the tip over time and preventing it from sparking, just clean the carbon off the tip. I removed the igniter and cleaned it. Note: The carbon is hard and brittle, just scrap it with a knife and sand it and above all make sure to disconnect the power source before starting, it's not that hard to do just sound's that way. Save yourself the money. Good luck.

11. Member
    Make u bleed the air out of line.

2016 Triton 20 TRX Patriot, 250 PRO XS
    Shawn Willoughby

12. Banned
    I had problems with my fridge years ago. I could not figure it out on my own but I found a website that would trouble shoot over the telephone for you for $20 and that would apply to the price of parts you ordered. Cost me like $34 to fix my problem. Sorry, I dont remember the site but I am sure you can find it via google