More work to be done, 296 or 396 console faceplate diminsions

My next boat I plan not to have any analog gauges. I plan to use N2k for all my engine data display. If I go with Yamaha they have a 5" Command Link Plus Monitor I know will fit. That's doable but not preferred. If I go with Etec I could use 5" HDS that has built in N2k to display gauges (Tach, Trim, Speedo, WPSI, Fuel levels, Engine Temp, MPG, etc.,). I prefer something larger like 7-8" display like HDS7 or HB 999. Plus I can use the electronics for my fishing/sonar needs too. I have past experience with N2k on my other boats with both Yamaha and Etecs with HDS units. It's works as advirtised so I feel comfortable doing this. HB's 999 cut out for flush mount is 4.7" high/vertically and 10" wide/horizontally. Add 1.5" for the perimeter of the unit. How high and wide minus analog gauges is the console faceplate areas on the 296 or 396 consoles. Yes, I'm very serious about getting a Charger boat for 2015. Getting my ducks in a row first. If large units don't work there are N2k digital gauges for plan "B".

Thanks, Deepanchor
    Last edited by deepanchor; 08-20-2014 at 10:22 PM.