Thread: X7

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by krr6581 View Post
    This X7 being stainless steel will have no problems welding if there is ever an issue. Though the proprietary makeup of the steel may be different than most stainless props on the market it will still be weldable without issues using standard stainless steel welding rods. If there are any issues with the weld of this or any prop it is usually because the person doing the welding did not do a very good job. The only issue I could possibly see happening is a balance issue as the X7's steel makeup lends the prop being lighter in weight than other props. The steel from the stainless welding rod may be heavier and depending on the location of the weld and the amount of welding required for the repair it may require the prop to be balanced.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by droemt View Post
    I just ordered one from Jaco's Marine over the phone. It was a very easy process. Should have the prop by the end of February. I went with the 21P. It was $385 shipping included. I added a Flo Torque II for an additional $30. Once I get it installed I will report the results!
    Any results yet??

3. Member
    So what's going on here?

4. Member
    I been wondering about this prop also, I wish there was more feedback on it. I am having a hard time making a decision between this prop and a Laser II for my RT w/Pro XS 4s.

For the RT hulls. I think it's a great choice. The problem that most people are having or going to have is that the 19 pitch may not be enough. And the 21 pitch is too much. This is depending on how heavy and light you run your boat. Water temps,and a lot of conditions can have a big differance on how props perform. I haven't heard rumors of a 20 pitch coming out. The laser ll is a good prop to. The difference between the two is knowing how, and being used to how, a four blade and three blade work on your particular boat. I've heard a few do not like the X7. And from what I have read it sounds like it's in the different characteristics that they're not used to. As with any prop it's hit or miss on whether your particular boat will perform the way you have it riged and loaded best. No one knows until you bolt them on and try.
    Last edited by gatorglenn; 06-29-2016 at 10:25 AM.

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

6. Member
    I talked to Mercury about my setup and they recommended the 19, which I'm ordering tomorrow. The difference between the LaserII and the X on my hull is lift and handling. I had my Laser cupped to add more back end lift, which it did; however, my RPMs dropped 400 and the WOT handling was squirrely. At cruise, they handled equally well, but the X certainly had more bite in the turns. The thing that I'm most interested in is the hole shot of the next X.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxTide View Post
    I talked to Mercury about my setup and they recommended the 19, which I'm ordering tomorrow. The difference between the LaserII and the X on my hull is lift and handling. I had my Laser cupped to add more back end lift, which it did; however, my RPMs dropped 400 and the WOT handling was squirrely. At cruise, they handled equally well, but the X certainly had more bite in the turns. The thing that I'm most interested in is the hole shot of the next X.
    How much cup did you have added? I had mine cupped quite a bit and it dropped my rpm about 100 in the summer and 50 in the winter it was basically just enough to keep it off the limitier which i wanted. I dont see how just adding cup dropped the rpm equivelant to increasing pitch by 2".
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Evinrude guy said that the Rogue(small diameter 4 blade) was the ticket for the Mod V hull. This X7 sounds like a winner for the RT's. Anybody know if it will fit a Rude?? that new alloy sounds intriguing.
    1995 Viper 201D
    1995 Johnson Venom 200
    Gas mileage is for sissies

9. Member
    New to forum,
    Recently purchased a Tracker 1860cc. Motor is a 90 hp Mercury 4 stroke, standard gear ratio, stock 13 X 19 pitch al 3 blade. Plan on replacing with an aluminum spitfire 12.5 X 19 pitch 4 blade. On other motors I have owned in the past an switched to a 4 blade, you often went down in pitch from the 3 blade. The Mercury prop selector on their website and posts prior to this one seem to contradict that. Spoke with my local prop guru, he was not completely sure. The motor is rated for 5000 to 6000 at WOT. Currently top speed is 40 mph. At 5400-5500. From about 5000 if I trim up the 3 blade blows out and runs up to 5600-6000. The boat is relatively light at about 1500 lbs loaded. Any info would be appreciated, looking for about 48 mph. The Mercury site indicates 51+, but I have doubts.
    thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladerunner View Post
    New to forum,
    Recently purchased a Tracker 1860cc. Motor is a 90 hp Mercury 4 stroke, standard gear ratio, stock 13 X 19 pitch al 3 blade. Plan on replacing with an aluminum spitfire 12.5 X 19 pitch 4 blade. On other motors I have owned in the past an switched to a 4 blade, you often went down in pitch from the 3 blade. The Mercury prop selector on their website and posts prior to this one seem to contradict that. Spoke with my local prop guru, he was not completely sure. The motor is rated for 5000 to 6000 at WOT. Currently top speed is 40 mph. At 5400-5500. From about 5000 if I trim up the 3 blade blows out and runs up to 5600-6000. The boat is relatively light at about 1500 lbs loaded. Any info would be appreciated, looking for about 48 mph. The Mercury site indicates 51+, but I have doubts.
    thanks.
    Typically you would change down at pitch with a four blade. The Spitfire you're supposed to stay in the same pitch as long as your RPMs are in the right range. You have room to go up in your rpm's, I Would drop one pitch. I have a Spitfire aluminum prop that I use when I'm going to the river. It is the same pitch as my aluminum three blade and I actually get about the sameRPMs with it as the three blade.

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

11. Member
    I have a 2015 smokercraft Ultima 172 with the newer 115merc on it. It came with the 3 blade black Max 17p. I was able to get roughly 44mph with it. But it was over recommended rpm. 6100. And it kept blowing out. Switched to the 4 blade spitfire aluminum. And now I can get around 47 to 48 at 5900ish. No blow outs. Wondering if this x7 will get more speed then its aluminum brother lol

In same pitch, about 2 mph. But to move to the SS, you will need to drop 1 pitch. So mph will be about the same. Maybe 1.

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorglenn View Post
    In same pitch, about 2 mph. But to move to the SS, you will need to drop 1 pitch. So mph will be about the same. Maybe 1.
    I stayed with the same pitch, couldn't be happier.
    2016 Ranger RT178 white
    75 4S Merc, VesselView Mobile
    Simrad Go7, Baystar hydro, SpitFire X7 17p

[QUOTE=Deerchaser;8506270] How many rpms did you lose.

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

15. Member
    Yes, a 3 stainless
    2016 Ranger RT178 white

Quote Originally Posted by Deerchaser View Post
    Yes, a 3 stainless
    How many RPMs drop

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

17. Member
    Same rpm, 2mph gain major stern lift, total control cornering. Dash tach 400rpm off . I run 5380 loaded 39 to 40 mph. Merc suggests you keep the same pitch with the x7, smaller diamete. Who knows, glen has great info.
    2016 Ranger RT178 white

I'v got this prop on my wish list. I've got to get some electronics first though! I'm only getting about 5,400 rpms currently.
    2017 Crestliner VT 18 DX
    Mercury 115 ProXS
    Motorguide X3 70lb 24V
    TP Express Mach 4 13 x 19
    "Follow Me," Jesus told them, "and I will make you fish for people!" Mark 1:17

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345