Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar

Chargers pat.Pro Air livewell system

Heres one thing that does not get talked about on the other boards,Chargers pro air live well system.This is a patened system to Charger.Basically its a radiator for the livewells just like your car.When the water surface is 95 ish like now in the midwest and Texas ,most of the time when you catch a fish he is deep 15 plus,the water temp down there can be 5 degrees cooler than the surface, and maybe more..,and when you turn the livewell on it is pumping surface temp in.By running the water through the ice chest you can cool it down 5 to 6 degrees and even more if you put more ice in it.This way your not shocking or boiling the fish.I have pulled fish out that were more livelly than when they went in...what great option to have..

Re: Chargers pat.Pro Air livewell system (TOUCH OF CLASS)

+1

It is amazing how cool the water will be if you have a cooler stuffed full of ice. I don’t remember ever having a fish die that wasn’t injured by a hook or something like that.

3. Member

We had over 110 heat index during a TX on the Potomac with the PVA a couple of weeks ago. Had the MD state bass biologist come to do a survey and take custody of the fish. They even passed out aerators to help after pulling the boats out. The avg temps wer in the mid 80's and my livewell was at 77 and the o2 count was 10% higher than in the river. And that was with 3 fish (about 10 lbs) in it. That makes for better survivability. And you never have to buy any releaseme stuff. There was a 20% mortality rate that day, but some of the guys took them home and will be having a descent fish fry soon. But on a bad day like that, I can surely attest that this system is proven to work, even on a 12 year old boat. The only caviat is that I did have to replace the pumps after I got the boat in 08. But it had been sitting for 2 years. The pumps were 500gph mayfairs and easy to replace the cartridges. Yes, I tell on this system as much as I can. It is not bragging if you can back it up!

4. Member

What year did this feature start on Chargers?

5. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar

Re: Chargers pat.Pro Air livewell system (chillywillie)

Mid 90s.....it was standard on the 195,single console model.option on everything else.

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by TOUCH OF CLASS &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Mid 90s.....it was standard on the 195,single console model.option on everything else.</td></tr></table>

I had that option on my first 195 a 1991 model. Didn't work at first as wasp got in the little holes and plugged em up. (little Bsturds)
    I got nothin

7. Dustlane
    I have it on my 2001 296 and it is awesome. One of my tournament directors started using some deal with a big plastic tub and a "radiator" and a pump that he has hooked up to his livewells. he puts ice in the tub and it is supposed to do the same thing as the Pro Air System. I don't know how well it works but it looks like he is making moonshine in his battery compartments.

8. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar

Re: (dustlane)

mine is a 91, it has it

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

9. Banned
    How have I never heard of this, I saw this on a 395 this weekend, Charger has some great minds but marketing needs work.

10. Banned
    Never used mine took the access plate off and unhooked the tube so water wouldn't be in the system. Never had a fish die in a Charger livewell just run the pumps and keep fresh water coming in on them.

11. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Mike Causey always said his boats were the best made ,but the PR guys suck!

If you do ever decide to use it be aware that the tubing stays full of water. You either have to blow it out or winterize it with RV fluid.
    I got nothin

My 186 has pro air but the previous owner didn't bleed the water out of it and when it froze blew out the copper tubing so I by passed it so I can at least get recirculation. Wish there was a way to fix it.

14. Member
    Is this a feature on the 797? Have not noticed anything identifying this
    SEAGUAR

15. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    No

16. Member
    Is there a way to retro fit a 2012 Charger 797 with this system? In AZ, our surface water temps in summer get to 85 degrees and above. I'd love to cool my live wells down 5 to 6 degrees in the summer.

Ron Wells, Apache Junction, AZ
    2012 Charger 797 Merc 250 PRO SX

17. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    No

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rwells View Post
    Is there a way to retro fit a 2012 Charger 797 with this system? In AZ, our surface water temps in summer get to 85 degrees and above. I'd love to cool my live wells down 5 to 6 degrees in the summer.
    85 won't hurt them just turn the timer on and let it cycle fresh water and Chargers livewells will keep them in great shape.

19. Member
    I ha e a 2018 210 elite ... is this boat equipped with this also

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fluh01 View Post
    I ha e a 2018 210 elite ... is this boat equipped with this also
    I would think so but you could call any Charger dealer to check. In fact I would definitely call Charger or a dealership to get the correct information.
    Last edited by Sports1; 12-26-2018 at 10:27 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast