Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Ya, that took some clever engineering

2. Member
    If you ask my yamaha mechanic he'd rather design be like install opposite direction. Even though they get labor it is a headache...

3. Member
    I'm sure it has something to do with the way there assembled on the line. Just easier for them that way. Hey RichZ. Saw your new brass bushings on your website but I ve got a question. I see there sold 6 in a pack. Does it take all 6?

4. Banned
    Top pin takes 4 and bottom pin takes 2. You should ask
    Yamaha why only 2 bushings are on the bottom pin.

5. Banned
    Rich, bushings are available?

6. Banned
    Not yet. A local machine shop maybe able to help me out. Doesn't look like Totalauto will come through.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
    Not yet. A local machine shop maybe able to help me out. Doesn't look like Totalauto will come through.
    Do you think you might have any bushings soon? I replaced the bushings in my tilt shaft last spring but the bushings in the vertical shaft are bad also. I have been considering pulling the power head as a winter project to replace the vertical bushings and upper motor mounts. Sure would be nice to make it a permanent fix.
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

8. Banned
    The bushings I'm working on are for the tilt/trim unit assembly only.

9. Member
    Rich,

Do you guys have the machined bushings for the tilt and trim cylinders yet? 2004 Yamaha 225 VMAX OX66.

Thanks,
    Chad

10. Member
    W Brown,

Do you have any pictures or info on the shims you made. I believe I'm going to have to shim my new Bob's solid mounts as well.

Thanks,
    Chad

11. Member
    I would be interested in a set of bushings as well.
    I've tried the OEM replacement bushings to lessen tilt/trim slop and they do nothing.

12. NC Bass Club/Yamaha Motors Moderator BuzzB8's Avatar
    Try going to: brucatofis.com you can get a phone number there. FB folks can search there also.

13. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wcs69rat View Post
    Rich,

Do you guys have the machined bushings for the tilt and trim cylinders yet? 2004 Yamaha 225 VMAX OX66.

Thanks,
    Chad
    Rich was banned over a year ago. You'll need to call and talk to him or e-mail.

BrucatoFIS, Inc.

14. Member
    My OX66 has the same issue. I had about .030" slop in the pocket where the motor mount is seated. I assumed it was due to wear in the pockets and thought that I would have to shim them. Ordered a set of Bob's solid mounts and there is no gap anymore. Just a head's up: If you are planning on cutting the mount bolts and installing new ones in the opposite direction, be prepared for the bolts to be on back order. Someone out there may have them in stock but Yamaha is not supposed to ship anymore to SIM Yamaha until at least Dec 23rd.

Just another note regarding the Bob's solid mounts. The Yamaha mount bolts are 14.5 mm or .570" in diameter. The holes in the stock mounts are .575" in diameter. The holes in the Bob's mounts are .600" in diameter. I'm not sure of their reasoning behind the additional .025" hole diameter.
    Last edited by wcs69rat; 12-12-2020 at 09:58 PM. Reason: grammar correction

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wcs69rat View Post
    My OX66 has the same issue. I had about .030" slop in the pocket where the motor mount is seated. I assumed it was due to wear in the pockets and thought that I would have to shim them. Ordered a set of Bob's solid mounts and there is no gap anymore. Just a head's up: If you are planning on cutting the mount bolts and installing new ones in the opposite direction, be prepared for the bolts to be on back order. Someone out there may have them in stock but Yamaha is not supposed to ship anymore to SIM Yamaha until at least Dec 23rd.

Just another note regarding the Bob's solid mounts. The Yamaha mount bolts are 14.5 mm or .570" in diameter. The holes in the stock mounts are .575" in diameter. The holes in the Bob's mounts are .600" in diameter. I'm not sure of their reasoning behind the additional .025" hole diameter.
    It's just a bolt hole. Diameter really makes little to no difference in form, fit, or function.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12