Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Correct. But you should just do a test fitting. I'm sure different units will fit differently. I had a Garmin echoMap53dv that wouldn't work because it stuck out too far.

2. Member
    Old thread but glad I ran across this. Just purchased 2 HDS 9 touches and was trying to figure out a console mount that was not a ram mount style or was not crazy expensive. This is definitely a great inexpensive alternative that looks. Will definitely be making my own for the time being.

3. Member
    I think you can flush mount a Helix 7.

4. Member
    I have Gen 2 HDI 9s coming in. I dont think it'll flush mount.

5. Member
    So I attempted to recreate the home made mount by ordering a piece of sheet metal, dimensions were 7.5x9. I started the hole drilling process and wrinkle spray painting and unfortunately, my un-crafty side wasn't successful. Not only that, the test fit showed that my HDS 9 Gen 2 was too close to the steering wheel. No matter how I placed it. It actually worked best by not having the back plate. By not having a backing plate it gave the unit a few extra millimeters away from the steering wheel. A steering wheel extension would greatly help.

While it's ghetto mounted using just the stock Lowrance mount just to get by for this weekend, I bit the bullet and ordered a Precision Sonar console mount.

6. Member
    With a HDS 9, you need a steering wheel spacer. I think the Precision Sonar comes with one.

- 2019 Ranger Z185 - Mercury 150 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by contium View Post
    With a HDS 9, you need a steering wheel spacer. I think the Precision Sonar comes with one.
    This is correct. I have an HDS9 on a Precision Sonar bracket and it came with a 2 inch spacer. I read somewhere that they now come with a 3 inch spacer.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

HDS 9 touch on a Dek-It mount. no spacer needed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dees View Post
    HDS 9 touch on a Dek-It mount. no spacer needed.
    I use the same mount with my 18TX Triton.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bunz559 View Post
    So I attempted to recreate the home made mount by ordering a piece of sheet metal, dimensions were 7.5x9. I started the hole drilling process and wrinkle spray painting and unfortunately, my un-crafty side wasn't successful. Not only that, the test fit showed that my HDS 9 Gen 2 was too close to the steering wheel. No matter how I placed it. It actually worked best by not having the back plate. By not having a backing plate it gave the unit a few extra millimeters away from the steering wheel. A steering wheel extension would greatly help.

While it's ghetto mounted using just the stock Lowrance mount just to get by for this weekend, I bit the bullet and ordered a Precision Sonar console mount.
    lol. After I received the custom cut aluminum plate, I decided that I wanted to ensure a professional look fit and finish. I figured drilling into my console only for me to decide that it looked like crap and redo it wasn’t worth the trouble...and extra holes on the dash!

I bought a BassBoatTechnologies mount. Comes with a spacer and is a bit less than the precision sonar. BBT gives BBC members a discount as well which sealed the deal for me.

I installed it and will have it on the water in a week. BBT did a nice job with the design.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12