Precision Sonar

Sonar Mounting System for Older Triton Consoles

If your boat has the gauge configuration shown below then we have a mounting system that can be adapted to your console.

Our Console Plate measures 7" Tall X 9.5" Wide.

Triton Dash Panel.jpg Triton 2004 Plate location Gauge.jpg Triton 2004 Spacer Block.jpg Triton 2004 Leftview.jpg Rightview.jpg Sonar Unit Shown is an HDS 10

For more information PLEASE NO PM's. Please email me direct at: rk@precisionsonar.com
    Last edited by rkylake; 11-09-2015 at 03:57 PM.

Precision Sonar & Outdoors
    Home of the Patented Smart Bracket Console Mounting System
    email: ryank@precisionsonar.com
    phone: 270-703-6133

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Randy, That particular dash has no support in the rear of the console, Did you provide a bracket to support the rear of the console ? Thanks, Van

3. Precision Sonar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Boat Tech View Post
    Randy, That particular dash has no support in the rear of the console, Did you provide a bracket to support the rear of the console ? Thanks, Van
    PM Sent

Would that work on my dash? Mine is an 03 Tr-21.

WP_20131224_001.jpg

5. Member
    Email sent

6. Member
    Looks great. Glad to see someone make this style of mount possible with these year Tritons. I, too, am interested in how you supporting it from the back. Do you have photos of the back of the mount?
    2008 Tr 21X- 2018 250 Mercury Pro XS 4S
    2B595479

7. Member
    I made my own, however I'd be interested in finding out about the support system also. I may swap my 9 in dash for a 12.

8. Precision Sonar
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster,RN View Post
    Looks great. Glad to see someone make this style of mount possible with these year Tritons. I, too, am interested in how you supporting it from the back. Do you have photos of the back of the mount?
    Triton 2004 Console Brace.jpg

This particular console came from the factory with a center support strap on the backside that connected the dash to the console.

The factory strap was removed and taken to a local hardware store and strapping was purchased to match.

For additional support a strap was added connecting both sides of the dash to the fiberglass console.

An additional strap was made and used as a connector from the top of the console plate to the center strap. A hole was drilled in the end of the connector strap and attached to the top center bolt of the console plate using the existing bolt, washer and nylock. The other end of the connector strap was drilled and attached to the center strap using a bolt, washer and nylock.

For larger, heavier units like an HDS 12 or 1199 HB additional bracing can be added.

A little extra work is needed to get this accomplished but it turned out pretty nice.
    Last edited by rkylake; 11-11-2015 at 06:03 AM.

9. Member
    Ol KNB gets it done every time. My unit took a KY wave bash this weekend an held strong. Three years old and still no issues thanks Randy

10. Precision Sonar
    the waves were big yesterday whew!!!!

11. Member
    2005 Triton TR21XPDC. Currently have an old HDS 7 gen 1 mounted into the dash panel. Would be interested in knowing what I could do to mount a 9 or 12 live. Don’t like mounting to the side of the console anymore it’s hard to get triton custom cover to fit. Thanks.

12. Member
    I ran a flat aluminum plate thru the custom plastic face plate. The plate is bolted down thru the fiberglass console with a spacer in between. It flexed too much so I ended up adding reinforcing underneath which took43630175.JPG43630176.JPG care of it. I cut a slot in the face plate for the wires. It was a chore but it works great.

13. Member
    I'll add that the face plate is just a cover, it's just screwed to the dash. The bolted aluminum plate and reinforcing carry all the weight.