Why is the market going up?

Most of the earnings reports haven't been too great and not sure I've seen anything in the macro picture that looks stunning. Why is the market going up?

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Oil prices showed a little recovery. Oil industry stocks have taken a beating this year, many near 52 week lows, and they are appealing with some strength in oil prices.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar

I believe some of it has to do with short covering. I know many traders who have been shorting the recent up move and getting run over. Also I think we are dealing with a front run to the front run of the Christmas rally.

Investors who use darkpool venues have been selling since the highs and continue to do so during this rally

Because I sold short.
    I think the new secret color is "A-Rig"..........

I don't get to say this very often. So, with that in mind.

WHEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    It's amazing how the market has no memory from day to day. Does anybody really think China is great again??? Oil has bottomed and will go higher?? Our economy will grow at an average rate of 3% with winter coming??? Did the Federal Reserve really get things right with QE and ZIRP ????I think anyone who thinks those things are crazy. But of course, "the market can stay irrational alot longer than anyone of us can stay solvent." So I see new highs coming this year, the shorts will get slaughtered as retail and algos buy to the upside taking out their buy stops. Everyone will be singing kumbayah and talking about how they bought in September but, there will be that day................when we become rational Or maybe I'm the one who is crazy

My ears just popped.