Thread: conditions

conditions

I have off tomorrow and was thinking of fishing the upper bay. Last night we got some major rain, about 2 hours away from Tydings. Don't know what it was like there or how quickly the rivers get trashed.

How bad will the Susquehanna or North East be tomorrow? Will they be a muddy, trashed up mess or reasonably clear/clean?

2. Member
    I'm not sure if they released (extra) water from the Conowingo Dam due to the rain. I'm sure you can check somewhere regarding that. IMHO if I had off I would go fishing. Usually its not that bad with the little bit of rain like we just had. BUT im no expert in that area. Just telling you what I would do based on my limited experience up there. Maybe someone from that area will help out here.
    Luther Cosner
    Chico and the boys
    2001 520vx Comanche
    225 Merc. Opti

3. Member
    Just go fishing and fish what's in front of you.

4. Member
    Yeah I know, becoming a wus. The 4 hours of driving takes a lot of the fun and adventure out of it.

i have had some good luck in north east , spinnerbait and crank bait. docks, rocks, drops

6. Member
    Off colored water will not effect the Northeast river.

7. Member
    I'm also planing on fishing that area on Sunday. Any suggestions on weather I should go above the dam or go to the North East. Last weekend fishing was shooty above the dam. 191champ, let me know how the fishing was if you decided to go.
    Luther Cosner
    Chico and the boys
    2001 520vx Comanche
    225 Merc. Opti

8. Hazzard County Hillbilly unclejessie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico and the boys View Post
    I'm also planing on fishing that area on Sunday. Any suggestions on weather I should go above the dam or go to the North East. Last weekend fishing was shooty above the dam. 191champ, let me know how the fishing was if you decided to go.
    Fishing a club tournament there Sunday, maybe we will see you out there

'95 Gambler 209
    '06 Mercury 225

9. Member
    How's everything Jessie, sorry I missed the party the other weekend. Looks like you guys had a good time...as expected. Your fishing above the dam?
    Luther Cosner
    Chico and the boys
    2001 520vx Comanche
    225 Merc. Opti

10. Member
    It wasn't bad at all. No debris, maybe 1' visibility. Caught 4, lost 1 on a sr5 fishing rocks and laydowns. Fished worms and a jig a lot without a bite. Fished from 11:30 to dusk.

11. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    HEY CHICO!!!! Been awhile, hope things are good
    Gambler 2200 / PRoCraft 180 / Roughneck Jet / Mercury 250XB, 175 / Evinrude 50

12. Member
    Fishings' been good, beers' been cold and wifes' been sassy. John, everything is going as planned thanks for asking.
    Luther Cosner
    Chico and the boys
    2001 520vx Comanche
    225 Merc. Opti

Conditions were fairly good for me today. Culled 2 lost none and won with 14.47 pounds to include the lunker of the day at 5.10 Most guys struggled. Only two limits and we both used basically the same thing.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

Regarding conditions, I do not ever remember water temp of 61.8 degrees on November 7th. Fishing is excellent now. Yesterday 11/7 I fished a club tournament out of anchor and our first five places were 20+, 18+, two 16+ and a 15+ bag. I believe we had 4 bass over 5 lbs weighed.

Thats some good catches n2bassn. I was in the NE yesterday too. Second place in our club was 13+. We don't know that river near as well as you PA guys do obviously. Spinner baits was the ticket for me and #2. What was the bait for your top guys?
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

16. Member
    the aba yesterday piccolo had 24.49 for first and I had 17.00 for second

Quote Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
    Thats some good catches n2bassn. I was in the NE yesterday too. Second place in our club was 13+. We don't know that river near as well as you PA guys do obviously. Spinner baits was the ticket for me and #2. What was the bait for your top guys?
    top bait for the winner was a standard chatterbait. White & chartreuse
    Second place used a crank bait and a chatterbait. with skirt removed and replaced with a lake fork shad. I had one of the 16+ bags and I caught all but one on a senko. I should have used the chatterbait, Ha😂

Quote Originally Posted by n2bassn View Post
    top bait for the winner was a standard chatterbait. White & chartreuse
    Second place used a crank bait and a chatterbait. with skirt removed and replaced with a lake fork shad. I had one of the 16+ bags and I caught all but one on a senko. I should have used the chatterbait, Ha
    Makes perfect sense, I had to fish the spinner bait real slow to get the bites and a chatter bait fishes slow well.