Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CHRIS BAILEY FOIL ( BEAUTIFUL WORK OF ART )

Recieved my foil today for my Mercury 250xs with a sportmaster that CHRIS made for me . Looks fantastic the man did a great job. It is like a mirrow on top can't wait to put it on. Question if anyone can help. Any tips on installing it would be helpful the plastic one that's on their now is on the top of the cavitation plate this one goes on the bottom i'am pretty sure just need to make sure before i mount it And does it need any spacers between the foil & plate. Again big thanks to CHRIS for a fantastic product.

2. RIP -April 30,2023
    i like 1/4 ss hex head bolts, thin ss washerson bolt head and nut side, rubber grommets in between cavitation plate and foil with ss teflon lock nuts. foil needs to be mounted under cavitation plate. ill post a pic of mine installed if i can find one. back of foil needs to be flush with back of cavitation plate.

post a pic of it!

3. RIP -April 30,2023

4. Member
    Thanks for the mounting info Chris. Really did a great job on foil. My wife was amazed at how shinny it is. My computer is acting up so right now i can't post any pictures. But for everyones info this foil is way more than i expected and i'am very pleased. The MERCURY cut outs are absolutely beautiful. Great job thanks Chris.

5. Banned
    Can you build one for my Gambler?

6. RIP -April 30,2023
    Yes. Email what you want. Mirrored ss or aluminum, What you want cut in foil, name and shipping address. cbailey2798@gmail.com

thanks

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NORRIS CRAFT 1 View Post
    Thanks for the mounting info Chris. Really did a great job on foil. My wife was amazed at how shinny it is. My computer is acting up so right now i can't post any pictures. But for everyones info this foil is way more than i expected and i'am very pleased. The MERCURY cut outs are absolutely beautiful. Great job thanks Chris.
    IF IT SAID MERCURY ON IT ; I bet that was mine.

Damn that looks great...to bad I just bought a bman foil. I would have rather had this one because its much cleaner looking

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lil red 02 View Post
    Damn that looks great...to bad I just bought a bman foil. I would have rather had this one because its much cleaner looking
    I'm waiting on my foil from Chris to come in, I'll be taking the bman foil off so I can compare if there are any noticeable differences in holeshot.

I e been very satisfied with my foil over the last few years, if it wasn't just absolutely beat to crap I wouldn't be taking it off. I'm gonna stick it on my spare Lu.

Looking forward to results I literally just ordered mine last week and Im having my friend powder coat it as we speak.
    You should look into being a sponsor maybe because these would sell like hotcakes I know you have a busy schedule but just let everybidy know up front and I think they will understand. Just a thought Im sure kickin myself in the arse for not finding out about these first

11. RIP -April 30,2023
    i have already talked to al about being a sponsor, and yes i have a busy schedule and im limited to when i can build anything. the foils and plates thats laser cut are made at a fab shop so im at their mercy as far as time frame. its looking like about 2 weeks for a turn around(for the most part). hopefully, after all the different logos have been uploaded in machine, things will speed up. Any logos/words thats different than before all have to be drawn up, modified and then loaded, which takes time. honestly, im surprised the fab guy im using agreed to take anything in. i figured it would be a few different logos and that was it. he told that if someone can think it up, he can cut it. the "specialty" items im sure will take alittle longer.

a mirrored ss foil with intimidator cut in sides would look pretty sick.

for the guys getting these foils and plates, please give me your honest opinions good or bad as i will make changes thats needed and make it right with buyer if not happy with them. i have made mistakes and im sure i will make more but will try to keep them to a bare minimum. the best way to get in touch with me is by email or text if you have an iphone.

Looking forward to results I literally just ordered mine last week and Im having my friend powder coat it as we speak.
    You should look into being a sponsor maybe because these would sell like hotcakes I know you have a busy schedule but just let everybidy know up front and I think they will understand. Just a thought Im sure kickin myself in the arse for not finding out about these first

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 90 5.0 View Post
    I'm waiting on my foil from Chris to come in, I'll be taking the bman foil off so I can compare if there are any noticeable differences in holeshot.

I e been very satisfied with my foil over the last few years, if it wasn't just absolutely beat to crap I wouldn't be taking it off. I'm gonna stick it on my spare Lu.

Be very interested in hearing if there is a performance difference. They look very similar though just like the original Allison foil

Quote Originally Posted by xb03fs View Post
    Be very interested in hearing if there is a performance difference. They look very similar though just like the original Allison foil
    All three are probably the same shape. Also know it is much easier to pay more, hand the shop the order and walk away!! LOL Laser and waterjet, along with hidef plasma are about the only things that can efficiently cut these. All are expensive to own and operate. And yes, drawing and turning into a usable file is the fun part, not hard but can be time consuming for sure.

14. aka Strokedyamaha StrokerSmoker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xb03fs View Post

lol........the stroker foil is faster than the Allison foil.....lol.....lol

Hi performance parts or a Yamaha power head visit
    Hydro-Tec's web site @ http://www.yamaha-rebuild.com/
    Paul Hottman Hydro-Tec's Pro staff since 1998

Quote Originally Posted by StrokerSmoker View Post
    I guess if I end up getting one I will have to have Stroker on it instead of Gambler so it makes my boat faster

16. Banned
    EMAIL sent second coming with shipping address.

17. RIP -April 30,2023
    i just got tylers request so im gonna make 2 of the mirrored foils with gambler. ill keep one at the house ready to ship just in case you cant stand it and have to have one. ill post a pic of it when i get it. shoot me your email and ill show you how "gambler" will be laid out. cbailey2798@gmail.com

I guess if I end up getting one I will have to have Stroker on it instead of Gambler so it makes my boat faster

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StrokerSmoker View Post
    LMAO!!!
    That some funny shit right there..

Quote Originally Posted by cbailey View Post
    i just got tylers request so im gonna make 2 of the mirrored foils with gambler. ill keep one at the house ready to ship just in case you cant stand it and have to have one. ill post a pic of it when i get it. shoot me your email and ill show you how "gambler" will be laid out. cbailey2798@gmail.com
    Of course you would .... email sent in case

20. Member
    Hey Chris, just got a 2017 Bullet 22sf w/Mercury Racing 300xs. Can you make me a ss mirror foil that has the Bullet cut out? PM me cost and where to send it. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast