Thread: optimax power

optimax power

Looking to repower a 25ft. Premier tritoon. Is anybody running optis on thiers? Been shopping 4 strokes but found a opti. Don't recall seeing one on a pontoon around here.

2. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    What HP are you looking for?

I have seen a few throughout the years, but is not typically preferred over a 4 stroke. A opti, while quieter than a carbed 2S will still be much louder than a 4S. Bottom line is yes, it will work, but do you want to deal with the noise and smell of a 2S?

4. Member
    Since when does a newer Optimax smell? talk about bashing a great engine. Mine doesn't smell, smoke or use much fuel or oil, yes it does make that sweet Merc 2 stroke howl when you jump on it........I love it. I've had my 175 Pro Xs on my Bennington for 7 trouble free yrs. It's a 3 star carb (Calif. air resources board) rated engine which meens it burns just as clean or cleaner than some 4 strokes. One of only a couple of 2 strokes allowed on Lake Tahoe and they are very choosy. I wouldn't have anything else, to the op, run what you want but If the engine is used I would have a diagnostic check ran on it first. If it checks ok then have fun with it100_1154.jpg100_1155.jpg100_1223.jpg