Helix 12g3 Screen issues??

IMG_2023-2-17-120506.jpgIMG_2023-2-17-120240.jpgIMG_2023-2-17-120022.jpgIs anyone having issues with their screens bubbling under the glass? I just put mine all on the boat to do the update and 3 of my 4 Helix 12 gen 3s are bubbling all in different spots. They are all 2019 models bought all at the same time. They are always stored in a climate controlled garage with the covers on them.
    Last edited by Kenny418; 02-17-2023 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Added photo

2. Member
    Are your serial numbers close to each other on those units? Seems like they must have had a batch of bad screens because it would be a rare case of 3 out of 4 failing at same time. I would be calling HB Customer Support and maybe because of the magnitude of your problem they can help. Good Luck
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

3. Member
    My old Gen 2 12 did that. Gen 3 12 bubbles showed up about a year ago. Haven’t gotten any worse since and doesn’t cause me an issues. I just assumed they all did it at some point or another.

4. Member
    Bubbling? Maybe a pic to look at. I am sure it is not the original plastic film it came with,right? I have heard those were never taken off at times. I think the picture will get you an answer. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

5. Member
    I edited original post to add photos. I’m happy to report that I talked to Humminbird and sent them pics. They told me to send them in and they would be taken care of. They emailed me shipping labels earlier this week and they arrived there today to be fixed. Units are a yr out of warranty. Great customer service and great company to deal with!

6. Member
    Good deal! I am guessing they have seen that before. A picture is worth a thousand words. I have not seen that before. I would not be surprised if you get new ones The G3’s are probably not available anymore. Good luck and the are indeed a good company! Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

The bubbling is actually the glue between the inner and outer glass separating. I had the same issue with the same model and year. In my opinion a factory defect, not in there's.
    2019 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2

IMG_2789.JPGIMG_2790.JPGSame issue, with same year, and same model, sent in in December of 22 not covered. Out of OEM warranty. Installed on a new boat by dealer in June of 19. I would have believed this to be a factory defect and repaired even if passed warranty, not in their eyes. $400 plus shipping to repair, stilling kicking myself in the
    ass for agreeing to this. Dealer tried to get repaired under warranty and also failed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2019 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2