Page 14 of 71 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lambeau View Post
    Networking question...I currently have an iPilot Link, 999 SI, and 1199 SI network run through the 5-port box. I'm looking to add a third display...trying to decide between a Helix 10 or another 1199. Descriptions here say just that the Helix and Core units will "network," but don't expand on what data can be shared.

If I added a Helix 10 (power and ethernet connected only, no direct transducer), what views from the Core units will it be able to display? Sonar? DI? SI? Waypoint sharing?
    If the Helix 10 is attached to the network w/out it's own transducer and just pulling sonar data from the network, can it still operate AutoChart Live?

Or, if I install the Helix on my console and move the 1199, can I simply use the existing power, network, and SI transducer cables in place from the 1199?
    If I went that route, will the 999 and 1199 be able to pull all views (Sonar, DI, SI, waypoints) from the Helix?

TIA!
    Yes

Ethernet shares sonar and GPS data from the source you choose. The transducer, and power cord are the same.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

That is some good information. I'm on the cusp of buying 2 Helix 10's
    2007 Ranger Z22 Yamaha 250 HPDI

3. Member
    I really don't know whether to buy 2 9's now or wait and see if they ever release a 9 chirp down the road or at least something with a little better sonar. The sonar pics of the 12 look great.

4. Member
    Doug, thank you for sharing some helix 12 screen shots as that is the graph I'm leaning towards. Hoping the 9, 10 and 12 can display more than two windows at a time as it seems seems a waste to only display two with all that screen space. That is kind of the reason, for me, to go with a large screen unit; to have more info displayed at the same time without changing screens. I know the helix screen settings are not as customizable as the onix, but are there settings to setup and show, for example, side image across the top and down image and 2d sonar on the lower part of the screen at the same time? Or 2d, DI, and map at the same time? Etc. Just curious if we are limited to two pieces of info at a time on the helix units or we can display 3 or 4. Thanks.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadx View Post
    Doug, thank you for sharing some helix 12 screen shots as that is the graph I'm leaning towards. Hoping the 9, 10 and 12 can display more than two windows at a time as it seems seems a waste to only display two with all that screen space. That is kind of the reason, for me, to go with a large screen unit; to have more info displayed at the same time without changing screens. I know the helix screen settings are not as customizable as the onix, but are there settings to setup and show, for example, side image across the top and down image and 2d sonar on the lower part of the screen at the same time? Or 2d, DI, and map at the same time? Etc. Just curious if we are limited to two pieces of info at a time on the helix units or we can display 3 or 4. Thanks.
    From what I have read online you can have a 2d/di/si view but that is the only 3 screen view. The manual seems to confirm that and also says it depends on which unit you have if this view is available. The 2d and di are stacked on top with the si on full top-to-bottom on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by fishfood View Post
    From what I have read online you can have a 2d/di/si view but that is the only 3 screen view. The manual seems to confirm that and also says it depends on which unit you have if this view is available. The 2d and di are stacked on top with the si on full top-to-bottom on the right.

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Wayne...Is this a screenshot from the Helix 12?
    2017 Crestliner Commander 1850, Mercury 150 4 Stroke
    2021 Crestliner XF 189, Mercury 115 4 Stroke

Quote Originally Posted by BRUKSHOT View Post
    Wayne...Is this a screenshot from the Helix 12?
    No, 1198 to show the tri-view that James was describing.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    No, 1198 to show the tri-view that James was describing.
    BUMMER!!!!
    2017 Crestliner Commander 1850, Mercury 150 4 Stroke
    2021 Crestliner XF 189, Mercury 115 4 Stroke

10. Member
    Chances are the HELIX 12 will be the same way with only one 3-view.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by bigredglass View Post
    I really don't know whether to buy 2 9's now or wait and see if they ever release a 9 chirp down the road or at least something with a little better sonar. The sonar pics of the 12 look great.
    I have got a chance to play with the helix 10 and all I have to say is wow this unit is sweet! I personally wouldn't go with the 9 only because the 9 and 10 have the exact same dimensions except the display screen has a smaller picture than the 10 every thing else size wise is the exact same. I am getting 2 10s very soon.
    Last edited by Fish Boy; 12-07-2015 at 03:45 PM.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    Chances are the HELIX 12 will be the same way with only one 3-view.
    The way the manual reads I think you are correct. That is the only 3-way view they show.

More new images from the HELIX 12 CHIRP

--

http://www.dougvahrenberg.com/

BASS Central Open- Competitive Bass Angler and Humminbird Guru
    Visit my website to learn about my sponsor's products, fishing tips and techniques.

Learn More About Humminbird Side Imaging Visit: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sideimaginggroup/

WOW, that CHIRP is amazing, that fish looks like a FISH. Can the Onix series be that clear, my Onix 10si does not show fish with THAT definition.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfood View Post
    The way the manual reads I think you are correct. That is the only 3-way view they show.
    That's a shame that these can't be setup with more 3-way or any 4-way displays (particularly showing GPS location/topo map), but I can live with it for the cost savings over an onix. Might justify a remote control to flip between screens when not right next to the unit...or justify two helix 10 networked together right on the dash, meaning a helix 10 and a helix 10 SI. Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by deepsky View Post
    WOW, that CHIRP is amazing, that fish looks like a FISH. Can the Onix series be that clear, my Onix 10si does not show fish with THAT definition.
    I don't see anything that looks like a fish with the CHRIP view. The blended SI for DI looks like a fish.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

CHIRP is only for the 2D Sonar.
    --

http://www.dougvahrenberg.com/

BASS Central Open- Competitive Bass Angler and Humminbird Guru
    Visit my website to learn about my sponsor's products, fishing tips and techniques.

Learn More About Humminbird Side Imaging Visit: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sideimaginggroup/

Well I was thinking with my limited knowledge that the DI images were the CHIRP.My understanding of the technology is that the signal "oscillates", so to speak, across several frequencies giving an average of the readings for a signal. This enables the image to be more precise. Am I correct in this understanding??
    Last edited by deepsky; 12-07-2015 at 08:44 PM. Reason: spelling

Well I was thinking with my limited knowledge that the DI images were the CHIRP.My understanding of the technology is that the signal "oscillates", so to speak, across several frequencies giving an average of the readings for a signal. This enables the image to be more precise. Am I correct in this understanding??
    CHRIP does that, but Imaging is not CHIRP, it is a single frequency either 455 or 800 kHz.

The 2D is CHIRP--mulitiple frequencies. That is the view with the digital data displayed and the frequency range.

Garmin and Raymarine have imaging CHIRP, Humminbird does not.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

20. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar

USA

Pretty much, modulates is the term actually...for the HB 2D and other brands out there.
    I'm not going to be too enamored by a pretty picture myself.
    Heck one guy on here dumped a load into one machine and he still catches the same dinks he caught before.

We like bigger fish now & again!
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

Page 14 of 71 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast