Page 59 of 71 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1412
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD37 View Post
    Wayne, you have been very helpful to me starting out as a new Humminbird owner. After reading Greenpumpkin's I think I'm on the right track but I have a couple more questions. Can you give me your thoughts on what I would be giving up or wouldn't be able to do with the unit on the front of the boat. I don't see me getting a 360. I have installed a helix 12 si mega on the console .What I had on the bow a hds 8 mostly used for DI and 2D and a hds 7 used for map. The SI on the lowrance was not much use while fishing . I must not fish fast enough. Just don't want to buy the wrong unit. Going to get a 10 mega for front. (2) This is getting long but are the new GN2 7 Ethernet capable so later I could do a like set up to what I had with the two units on the front.(3) When you are doing auto chart will it record on two networked units at the same time or do you have to record on zero line card and then put card in second unit and down load it. Thank you for your time and any help you can give

Whew!!! that's a lot to cover with any detail.

First thing is Humminbird's Side Imaging is adjustable for screen scroll speed---that is every Side Imaging model Humminbird has or did have. That means you can use it and get sharp images from near zero boat speed to about 12 mph. Fish at whatever speed you want, just need some movement to scan. It also will show left and right for hundreds of feet if the bottom is flat enough as long as the transducer is not buried in the bottom.

The G2N Helix 7's are linkable to other units via Ethernet, the first generation and G2 Helix 7 are not, but they still do sonar/GPS equally on their own.

360 is more of a sitting still fishing a target after it has been located deal.

I'll add more via PM so I don't get the dreaded Server Error with too many words at one time.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

2. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Well done WP!
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

3. Member
    I had a Humminbird Helix 7 with Side imaging. I was not impressed at all and ended up selling it. I went back to a Raymarine Dragonfly 7. It works great, but doesn’t have Side Imaging. I assume it I couldn’t see much on side imaging on the Helix 7 because I didn’t have the upgraded transducer (and it was the first generation product). I have a small boat (15 ft Riverhawk) with the transducer mounted on my trolling motor. I am toying with the idea of getting a Humminbird Helix 10 Chirp Mega Si Gps G2n Combo. Should I?

4. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    IF you get one, you're still going to have to learn how to run it - just set it and forget it only gets a person so far in life.

I have found many fish and learned to use SI on my 797c2SI which was still running last time I chatted with Joe.

I didn't take screen shots - but it sure helped Joe & I become more productive fishing with one.

You always seem to need to raise/lower the sensitivity and contrast for the best images and the H7 was/is a fine little unit.

Maybe buy yourself a Doc Sonar DVD and brush up on operations?

The Helix10 MSI is a fantastic unit.

https://doctorsonar.com/collections/...d-down-imaging

https://doctorsonar.com/collections/...s-training-dvd

I've looked at the Ray DF units and don't see anything special about them - other than wider coverage, the resolution isn't very good IMO.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

5. Member
    I went to a Technilogical angler seminar last month and it sure helped me. I only wish my boat was not in a snow bank to I could practice prior to learning. He also has DVD's tailer made for Humminbird Helix models.
    Ches.
    2013 Lund 2010 Pro Guide, 150 Verado SN:2B024387
    2X Helix 12's Mega G2N's, Lvl. 2 Merc Monitor

6. bash11
    Hi guys. I have a question about this units. I would like to know if I buy it in America, these units will work in Europe.

Thank you

7. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    there's an American version and an International version, I would check with one of the users on another continent like maybe Bunkkah or CHOOhonets - (I think at least ONE has) may have US versions.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

8. bash11
    Thank you. I think International units will have Meters, Celsius, etc and different languages

Just I would like you know if GPS will work in Europe if I buy a unit in America

9. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    I briefly owned an 898XA Asian unit - the GPS worked, but the map cards did not.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

10. Member

Opinion on new graphs

Looking for guidance/opinions on getting one Helix 12 mega si for console vs 2 graphs, Helix 10 mega si and helix 10 GPS g2n. My understanding is later if networked will allow one graph to show DI and the other to show SI, or alternatively left vs right side images for each graph. The 12 is impressive in size but thinking the 2 helix 10s may be better option and roughly the same cost. Pros/cons/thoughts? Thanks in advance!

packman

Quote Originally Posted by Packman312 View Post
    Looking for guidance/opinions on getting one Helix 12 mega si for console vs 2 graphs, Helix 10 mega si and helix 10 GPS g2n. My understanding is later if networked will allow one graph to show DI and the other to show SI, or alternatively left vs right side images for each graph. The 12 is impressive in size but thinking the 2 helix 10s may be better option and roughly the same cost. Pros/cons/thoughts? Thanks in advance!

packman
    Yes, with both being G2N models, you can cross-share all sonar technologies with both units.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ches. View Post
    Anyone try one of those Toughshield screen protectors they sell on E-bay for $16/2? I picked up 2 in the matt finish. Not sure if matt or gloss would have been better. This will be my future mapping unit so good place to try one. The bare screen water spots so bad I am always cleaning it. Hope this fixes that.
    I have the "Tech Armor" brand in matte finish on my Helix 10's and would not be with out them now. Not a fan of the factory 'shine'. Hope this helps.

13. Member
    My Onix 10 si (console) and Onix 8 si (bow) were factory installed on my 620. I want to "down grade" from the Onix for a few reasons I won't go into. I'd like to go to Helix units but I hear that you have to have 2 transducers, one for high speed and one for side imaging. I never lost depth during high speed with my Onix units and I never have to change anything or flip a switch to get both readings. Thoughts??

My desire is to have large screen on console with si, and depth during running and gunning.
    Large screen on bow, si not necessary.
    Networked for waypoints/trails.

Thoughts??

Quote Originally Posted by JBlanck View Post
    My Onix 10 si (console) and Onix 8 si (bow) were factory installed on my 620. I want to "down grade" from the Onix for a few reasons I won't go into. I'd like to go to Helix units but I hear that you have to have 2 transducers, one for high speed and one for side imaging. I never lost depth during high speed with my Onix units and I never have to change anything or flip a switch to get both readings. Thoughts??

My desire is to have large screen on console with si, and depth during running and gunning.
    Large screen on bow, si not necessary.
    Networked for waypoints/trails.

Thoughts??
    Mounting an ONIX SI transducer and Helix SI transducer is no different. The ONIX HDSI transducer and XHS 9 HDSI 180 T have the exact same mount. The MEGA SI transducer is slightly different but the same applies for 2D performance.
    All three transducers have the same mount hole pattern, so no new holes are needed.

Just choose your display size.

Bottom line is if you do it now you can do the exact same thing with a Helix SI model.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

15. Member
    Thanks Wayne. That's good news. I'll be pulling the trigger this week. Do you think I'll need a different network box for the Helixes or are the plugs going to fit like the Onixes?

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by JBlanck View Post
    Thanks Wayne. That's good news. I'll be pulling the trigger this week. Do you think I'll need a different network box for the Helixes or are the plugs going to fit like the Onixes?

Jeff
    Same AS ETH 5PXG and Ethernet cables. The Helix units will need a AS EC QDE Ethernet adapter each to connect an Ethernet cable to them.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

17. Member
    Hello

I have a few questions

I just up graded my console Humminbird to a helix 9 si mega and I could not be more happier, I love how the fish show up some well as a arch on DI.

My question is I am network with my bow unit and it is a hummingbird helix 10 sonar gps only and i am using the transducer in my terror i pilot link. I do not see arch with this unit just large area where there fish but its like glops, so one of my question is should i use the transducer that came with the unit and i would see that kind of results as arch's?

I am also leaning towards changing the helix 10 out on the bow with a helix 9 mega DI sonar would i see better results with this unit and also should i use the transducer on the terror or the transducer that comes with the unit?

Thanks In Advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Track792 View Post
    Hello

I have a few questions

I just up graded my console Humminbird to a helix 9 si mega and I could not be more happier, I love how the fish show up some well as a arch on DI.

My question is I am network with my bow unit and it is a hummingbird helix 10 sonar gps only and i am using the transducer in my terror i pilot link. I do not see arch with this unit just large area where there fish but its like glops, so one of my question is should i use the transducer that came with the unit and i would see that kind of results as arch's?

I am also leaning towards changing the helix 10 out on the bow with a helix 9 mega DI sonar would i see better results with this unit and also should i use the transducer on the terror or the transducer that comes with the unit?

Thanks In Advanced
    The 2D is the same. To get arches you need to use 83 kHz or Medium CHIRP to have coverage for a long enough period for the unit to create an arch. A faster Chart Speed will stretch the arches also.

This is 200 kHz:

Same fish with 83 kHz and same unit settings:

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

19. Member
    So wayne can the helix 10 sonar using the terror transducer puck do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Track792 View Post
    So wayne can the helix 10 sonar using the terror transducer puck do this?
    The US2 in a Minnkota trolling motor is a 83/200 kHz transducer. Exact same thing.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Page 59 of 71 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast