Page 68 of 71 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1412
  1. Member
    I need some help please. I have a G2n Helix 10 Chirp SI GPS unit on the console. It worked great. I installed the recent software update and it started intermitantly losing SI, DI, and 2D and depth, especially when I put the big motor in gear. Then at some point it will begin working again. Then go blank again. The mapping or other functions never go out. I have called customer support. they have been very nice, but the only they they can say is find another unit and try it on your boat or your unit on the other boat and see if it works. So I bought a G2n 2d unit (to ultimately add for mapping only). I plugged it in and it does the same thing. I asked customer support if that means it is a transducer issue. They said no, but had no explanation. So anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks in advance.

Check your transducer to see it has moved since you installed it.

AND do a Restore Defaults
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Thanks. I will try it again.

4. Member
    Do we restore defaults before and after an update using the FishSmart app?

Quote Originally Posted by Loweman11 View Post
    Do we restore defaults before and after an update using the FishSmart app?
    Yes, an update is still an update no matter how it is accomplished.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member

Helix 12 si+ g3n

Just purchased and installed this unit a week ago. This is what down imaging looks like. Side imaging is perfectly clear but the down imaging is terrible. Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 921proxp View Post
    Just purchased and installed this unit a week ago. This is what down imaging looks like. Side imaging is perfectly clear but the down imaging is terrible. Any ideas?
    Maybe try turning "water column sensitivity" off (set to zero) if it's on. That sometimes has that effect on my DI

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by granite View Post
    Maybe try turning "water column sensitivity" off (set to zero) if it's on. That sometimes has that effect on my DI
    Yea I’ve tried that. I’ve researched all kinds of different settings and nothing helps. It’s like there’s no defined bottom no matter what the settings are

9. Member
    Doug, I purchased two of the 10” g2n mega si/di In February, installed with 10gauge tinned wire with dialectic grease and heat shrink connections with each unit having its own hot and ground straight to battery.........but I cannot get a clear down image pic. Side image is much better (crisp and clear) but down image is always blurrry. I’ve tried the different hertz (455,800, & mega), I’ve moved sensitivity and contrast, changed the water column sensitivity, and dynamic contrast on/off.........and still very poor di pics. Is this due to this unit not having a dedicated di element?
    It has the long transducer......I would have figured it had its own di element included. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

10. Member
    Doug's not here. For what it's worth, that transducer DOES have a dedicated DI piezo. I have two of the "Gen 2.5" HW SI/DI Helix 10's and have never been overly impressed with the Down Imaging. SI and 2D are awesome, though.

11. Member
    Any idea as to why the DI is not good? And is there anything that can be done to help clear it up? I see images people post of their DI helix units on Facebook groups and they seem to be able to get some clear crisp images.......and then I see others post poor images asking for help (like I’m doing here).
    And I’m not meaning that it’s just the fish that show up blurry. The bottom and any structure that does show up is very distorted/blurry. Is that the same as yours?
    Last edited by WarrenII; 06-11-2020 at 04:23 PM.

12. Member
    Hi. I have a Helix 9 si gen1. It is running the latest version of software with an hdsi transducer. It is networked to a helix 9 si g2n. About 2 weeks ago the gen1 stopped reading depth. It just constantly stays on 3 ft. I had it on automatic for depth, but changed it to 20ft since most of my water is between 5-8 ft. I have also tried resetting to factory settings with no luck and also tried a different unit with the same results. Any ideas on what could be wrong would be helpful

Quote Originally Posted by fishintroop View Post
    Hi. I have a Helix 9 si gen1. It is running the latest version of software with an hdsi transducer. It is networked to a helix 9 si g2n. About 2 weeks ago the gen1 stopped reading depth. It just constantly stays on 3 ft. I had it on automatic for depth, but changed it to 20ft since most of my water is between 5-8 ft. I have also tried resetting to factory settings with no luck and also tried a different unit with the same results. Any ideas on what could be wrong would be helpful

Is it at the console or bow? Is the 2D coming from the HDSI or do you have a Y cable.

If you tried a different unit with the same result sure seems like you have a transducer problem or damaged cable.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

14. Member
    I have the exact same issues as mounthomefb with my Helix 9 and 10 (both G2N) except that my units are both now telling me that my Mega360 Transducer is not fully retracted. I don't have a Mega360 Transducer.

I've read other posts with similar issues. Many of us have encountered these issues on our G2N's after the 2.180 upgrade. I've asked Humminbird for support, initially they told me to remove my Nav data and reformat the Nav storage. The assumption was that there was corrupted data. That got the transducers back, but only for a few hours. I then contacted Humminbird again and specifically asked if them to consider if 2.180 has a flaw. No response yet. I'll post it when I get one.

15. Member
    The unit is at the console. I am getting 2d from the hdsi transducer
    Last edited by fishintroop; 06-30-2020 at 09:59 PM.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob B View Post

Is it at the console or bow? Is the 2D coming from the HDSI or do you have a Y cable.

If you tried a different unit with the same result sure seems like you have a transducer problem or damaged cable.
    The unit is at the console. I am getting 2D from the hdsi

Quote Originally Posted by fishintroop View Post
    The unit is at the console. I am getting 2D from the hdsi
    From what you describe, the problem pretty much has to be with the transducer or a damaged cable .... probably going to have to get another transducer to test with.

Probably best to start a new thread for further troubleshooting since too many things mixed in here.

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

18. Member
    mounthomefb, I hadn't heard back from HB, so I reinstalled and older version of the software. Right after that, HB responded that the problem was likely my cable tray was worn. The told me that when it happens again to remove the cables from the tray and plug them directly into the back of the unit. If this solve the issue, purchase a new cable tray. Problem is, it is working flawless now that the older software version is installed so I cannot validate the HB response. I am arming you with a little knowledge and you'll have to decide for yourself. Choose your path and good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenII View Post
    Any idea as to why the DI is not good? And is there anything that can be done to help clear it up? I see images people post of their DI helix units on Facebook groups and they seem to be able to get some clear crisp images.......and then I see others post poor images asking for help (like I’m doing here).
    And I’m not meaning that it’s just the fish that show up blurry. The bottom and any structure that does show up is very distorted/blurry. Is that the same as yours?
    Will someone that please answer this. I have 4 G3N units and all have great SI and Terrible DI.

20. Member
    Only have room for the one unit (Helix 10 MSI G3N) on my stick steer and was planning on getting a mega 360 at some point. Is it true that I would lose my SI if I got a mega 360? Thanks
    Alweld 1856 Stick Steer with 70 Yamaha
    Dual Power Pole Blades/ Helix 10 MSI
    80# Ulterra Link/2 Ionic Lithium 50s/ShuttleSlide Mount

USAF Ret

Page 68 of 71 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast