Page 60 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1412
  1. Member
    Thanks again for your help

2. Member
    I have a helix 9 at the bow. My trolling motor does not have a transducer in it so I have my transducer mounted below the trolling motor.
    I have never had a problem till recently. My graph gives great returns until I engage the trolling motor. When I get on the motor my screen
    turns to fuzz. I get lines throughout the water column on both 2d and down. I have tried resetting the graph and starting over at the factory settings.
    I have move the transducer forward and backwards as well as used a mount to have it set even lower in the water away from the bottom of the trolling motor and
    so far nothing has changed. Any ideas would help. Thanks in advance.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coltonboles19 View Post
    I have a helix 9 at the bow. My trolling motor does not have a transducer in it so I have my transducer mounted below the trolling motor.
    I have never had a problem till recently. My graph gives great returns until I engage the trolling motor. When I get on the motor my screen
    turns to fuzz. I get lines throughout the water column on both 2d and down. I have tried resetting the graph and starting over at the factory settings.
    I have move the transducer forward and backwards as well as used a mount to have it set even lower in the water away from the bottom of the trolling motor and
    so far nothing has changed. Any ideas would help. Thanks in advance.
    What model Helix 9 and transducer are you using?
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

4. Member
    Helix 9 chirp di gps. First generation not the g2. It was installed on the boat when I bought it so I don't know the exact transducer. It looks like the xnt 9 DI T or xnt 14 DI T. That is the what
    it look like on humminbird's website anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Coltonboles19 View Post
    Helix 9 chirp di gps. First generation not the g2. It was installed on the boat when I bought it so I don't know the exact transducer. It looks like the xnt 9 DI T or xnt 14 DI T. That is the what
    it look like on humminbird's website anyway.
    The standard DI transducer for all Helix and number series DI models except the MEGA DI units is the transom XNT 9 DI T.
    The #9 connector is for Helix and number series units.
    The #14 connector is for an ONIX or SOLIX.

For a trolling motor installation, you should be using a trolling motor PUCK, not a transom transducer.
    The XTM 9 DI 25 T has the same frequency tuning as the transom DI transducer---200/455 kHz 2D and 455/800 kHz DI.
    The XTM 9 WIDE DI 20 T is tuned to 83/200 kHz 2D and 455/800 kHz DI.
    Both of those have extra internal shielding to help with RFI issues.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    I figured the transducer was the one that came with the unit whenever it was bought. The guy I got the boat from installed them himself. Thanks for the feedback I will check to make sure I have the right transducer and then go from there.

7. Member
    I have the helix 10 GPS sonar now and thinking about upgrading to the helix 9 or 10 Chirp GPS sonar. A couple of questions i have,,,,,, will it be noticeable going from the helix 10 GPS sonar versus the helix 10 Chirp GPS sonar? Also another reason i want to up grade is a i have new helix mega on the console and i have these network together so i would like to be able to use the side imaging.

the other question i have is if i would do this since i am going from a helix 10 to a helix 10 can i just change the unit and just plug it in? will this also work with the helix 9 GPS chirp sonar?

Thanks
    Last edited by Track792; 04-02-2018 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Track792 View Post
    I have the helix 10 GPS sonar now and thinking about upgrading to the helix 9 or 10 Chirp GPS sonar. A couple of questions i have,,,,,, will it be noticeable going from the helix 10 GPS sonar versus the helix 10 Chirp GPS sonar?

the other question i have is if i would do this since i am going from a helix 10 to a helix 10 can i just change the unit and just plug it in? will this also work with the helix 9 GPS chirp sonar?

Thanks
    The transducers are the same. Just the G2N models have a choice of single frequencies (83/200 kHz) or their CHIRP ranges.

The Helix 10 will have a sharper image than the Helix 9 since it has about 3,000 more pixels per square inch=more HD.

I see no difference between using CHIRP or not with that transducer crystal in the depths I fish <40'.

Same fish, same day, same time:

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

I have the helix 10 GPS sonar now and thinking about upgrading to the helix 9 or 10 Chirp GPS sonar. A couple of questions i have,,,,,, will it be noticeable going from the helix 10 GPS sonar versus the helix 10 Chirp GPS sonar? Also another reason i want to up grade is a i have new helix mega on the console and i have these network together so i would like to be able to use the side imaging.

Thanks
    What you would gain with a G2N model is cross-sharing MEGA Imaging if you later get a MEGA DI or MEGA SI unit.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

10. Member
    Wayne I just added a helix 9 Mega on my console.

I want to use the transducer in my terrova. So would I be better off going with the helix 10 chirp GPS sonar GN2 or going with the helix 9 Mega di Gn2 A?

Wayne I just added a helix 9 Mega on my console.

I want to use the transducer in my terrova. So would I be better off going with the helix 10 chirp GPS sonar GN2 or going with the helix 9 Mega di Gn2 A?
    The US2 transducer in the Terrova is 83/200 kHz 2D sonar ONLY. It does not do any Imaging of any kind.

If you want Down Imaging at the trolling motor location, you have to put a Down Imaging transducer on the bottom of the trolling motor. If you do that, it should be the trolling motor puck version of the MEGA DI transducer.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

12. Member
    Wayne I understand what your saying about the transducer. I don’t want to add the transducer to the bottom of the trolling motor because I don’t want to Hazzle with the wire. So it sounds like I would be best off to go with the helix 10 Chirp GPS sonar.

Thanks for your help

13. Member
    Hello all

I'm having a bit of trouble coming to grips with the new mega imaging initiatives by H/Bird and Garmin.

I see from the Humminbird Users Manual that the CHIRP function can be switched on and off.

Has anybody got any with-and-without-CHIRP screenshots on 1200khz to see what differences take place?

I have a H/Bird 10 Helix mega SI unit which is with my brother who is using the boat over the next few days so can't do it myself.

regards

14. Member
    I live in San Diego and will be fishing locally most of the time. I am getting 2 Helix 10’s for my new Vexus, 1 for the bow and 1 for the helm. My question is which maps provide the best info for SoCal lakes and reservoirs?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertdog619 View Post
    I live in San Diego and will be fishing locally most of the time. I am getting 2 Helix 10’s for my new Vexus, 1 for the bow and 1 for the helm. My question is which maps provide the best info for SoCal lakes and reservoirs?
    There's not anything covered by LKM around you. Castaic, Diamond Valley, Pyramid and then a few of the larger reservoirs up north are the only ones covered in HD by LKM. Navionics or Autochart Live data would be the best if only fishing locally.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    There's not anything covered by LKM around you. Castaic, Diamond Valley, Pyramid and then a few of the larger reservoirs up north are the only ones covered in HD by LKM. Navionics or Autochart Live data would be the best if only fishing locally.
    Thank you sir.

17. Member
    What’s the advantage of using the trolling motor xdcr on the tm over the transom mount xdcr on the tm? Hate to wait another 6 to 8 weeks (inc shipping) to swap them out.

18. Member
    Jim, I think the shielding on the transducer to limit TM noise is the issue. Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Jim, I think the shielding on the transducer to limit TM noise is the issue. Bob
    Yes--RFI, read post #1185. The last sentence also applies to the MEGA DI transducers and Compact SI transducers.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

20. Member
    Ahhh! Guess I’ll have to play the waiting game on the tm xdcr then. Thanks Bob and Wayne!

Page 60 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast