Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2161697071
Results 1,401 to 1,412 of 1412
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorb8 View Post
    I’m outfitting a new boat and am interested in the Helix (8,9,or10) CHIRP MEGA SI GPS connected to Minn Kota Riptide Terranova with iPilot link. I saw a great youtube video demonstrating sidescan image selecting a passed location and sending the selected location to the TM and the TM would go to it and spot lock. The youtube video was demonstrating a SOLIX MODEL using screen touches. My question is can the HELIX MODEL do the same function with button pushes? I currently have a HELIX 7 CHIRP SI GPS G2 and am familiar with the button pressing stuff.
    Yes a Helix does the same functions as a SOLIX. A G3N or G4N Helix 7 will also. Just need the networking capability.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

2. Member
    Thanks Wayne!

3. Member
    Can a Helix 15, Gen4, Mega SI, have a guad screen, with mapping, 2D sonar, DI sonar, and SI sonar, all on one screen? I can’t seem to find this view?

Quote Originally Posted by bamastrike View Post
    Can a Helix 15, Gen4, Mega SI, have a guad screen, with mapping, 2D sonar, DI sonar, and SI sonar, all on one screen? I can’t seem to find this view?
    No Helix units have a quad view and you cannot create a custom view with Helix units.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    Helix 12 G4, must the unit be restored to factory defaults before updating software with a SD card version 2.76? Don’t really want to loose my current settings. 71 pages is too much to scan through, should consolidate the

Quote Originally Posted by bamastrike View Post
    Helix 12 G4, must the unit be restored to factory defaults before updating software with a SD card version 2.76? Don’t really want to loose my current settings. 71 pages is too much to scan through, should consolidate the
    Restore Defaults returns all settings back to the original factory settings. Yes you will lose your custom settings.

If you don't do Restore Defaults, it will get done anyway, it's written into the update software for those that don't read and follow the instructions.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Member
    Hi, Just installed a Helix 12 GN4 for Mega 360 Only. Is there a certain thread I should read on exactly what to do on first power up and usage? specific settings to maximize 360 image etc? Thanks all

8. Member
    When is humminbird going to upgrade to more then 4 units on one network since a lot of us have 5 units (fishfinders), I have two helix 12s on the dash,,,, SI/2d left on one, SI/DI right on the other when I am "searching".... then up front I have 2 Helis 9s and a Helix 12, the 12 is for mega 360, one 9 is for mega-live and the other for 2d/navigation,mapping/ultrex control

here is my issue I would like all 5 unit networked, I only power up 4 at any given time. if all 5 are powered up will this corrupt any unit.... I did this before I knew you only could have 4 units networked.... now my 9 that I view the mega live on keeps flashing back from one view to another, both mega-live views but its like its searching flashing back and forth every second or so, however if I have the 12 upfront on mega live at the same time, it works perfectly, which at times I will put live on the big screen to target individual fish, but mostly I have 360 on the 12 and live of the 9... not sure if I have ever had all 5 on at once but I have all five plugged into the network (yes two ethernet boxes), normally when by myself I shut the dash units off to conserve power, however when fishing with a co-angler it would be nice for them to view at least one screen if not both. I noticed KVD has 5 units now....so what gives. I will unplug (mega-live) from the network until I get more definitive answers and hopefully the 9 will "correct" itself. Hummingbird says I can but I cant... has anybody tried or pursued this issue?
    Last edited by ranger492joe; 02-28-2023 at 08:02 PM.

9. Member
    Pretty sure only 4 finders are recommended even if you have multiple switches. The communication traffic is too high for more. They don’t have a problem with other devices and the traffic on the network is still tollerable. Just not more than 4 finders. Hopefully a more capable network comes out for all those finders everybody wants. I now see you already aware of 4 finders. Didn’t notice at first
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

10. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Having spent 42 years in IT, I'll chime in with my thoughts on the 4 control head "limit" for the Humminbird network. There are multiple reasons this might be put in place, from a technology standpoint:

1. There is a physical limit in the actual software for addressing more than a set number of units... I think there are people who have connected 5 control heads on a single network so this most likely isn't the real 4 control head limitation.
    2. There is a logical limit established by the manufacturer to prevent potential software conflicts. Although you can physically connect more, issues may arise... This could very well be the reason for the 4 control head limitation. Although some might not have issues, others will.
    3. There is a throughput limitation of the switch/network... Although this could be the 4 control head limitation, I have my doubts. I would think that something like the Mega Live is putting more stress on a network than a control head itself, but that's just my guess.

The reality is that nobody but the Humminbird engineers know the real reasoning behind the 4 control head limit. If I were a betting man, I would probably bet on #2.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

Non-geek opinion:
    I have run 5 displays (4 Helix, 1 SOLIX), do not have another dongle for another Helix, with MEGA 360, MEGA LIVE, and iPilot LINK for a few hours with no issues. Added another SOLIX and random units would shut down or freeze.
    10 years ago there was no limit on connections other than 4 Switches, but I think the amount of data being processed now is too much for the network to handle.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

12. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Non-geek opinion:
    I have run 5 displays (4 Helix, 1 SOLIX), do not have another dongle for another Helix, with MEGA 360, MEGA LIVE, and iPilot LINK for a few hours with no issues. Added another SOLIX and random units would shut down or freeze.
    10 years ago there was no limit on connections other than 4 Switches, but I think the amount of data being processed now is too much for the network to handle.
    So, from my post, it sounds like Humminbird is doing #2 to prevent #3.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2161697071