Page 64 of 71 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1412
    Quote Originally Posted by Vabasser3 View Post
    New to Hummingbird Im sure this has been asked before.but here goes. UPgrading to Hummingbird from GEN3 HDS. My loving wife has greenlighted me on a Helix 9 or 10 unit. If i get a Helix 9 or 10 DI can I buy a SI transducer later to get SI on this unit? The birds will be G2N or G3N Thanks in advance!
    No, not with the unit itself. I will display SI from a SI unit via Ethernet.

If you get a SI model, you can downgrade its capabilities by attaching a DI or 2D transducer.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    No, not with the unit itself. I will display SI from a SI unit via Ethernet.

If you get a SI model, you can downgrade its capabilities by attaching a DI or 2D transducer.
    Ok Thanks! SI it is!

3. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    If you could nobody would buy a SI model...

Get yourself the 10", lots of pixels for a great image and more square inches of display in case your eyesight is like mine.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

4. Member
    I want to get a Helix Mega SI and mount it on the bow as I do a lot of panfishing. If unopened , will HB swap transducers so I can get a trolling motor transducer? Thanks, Scott

5. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Last edited by sfw1960; 12-29-2018 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Edited
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

6. Member
    Thanks

7. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar

NP!
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

8. Member
    I have a Minn Kota Terrova 80 with ipilot link and a Helix 9 Mega Chirp SI Gen 2 and am looking for the best navagation chart that will work with their awesome features. Humminbird has no current plans to map my lake so I am on my own to determine the best choice for mapping. I have read about Autochart and have considered Navionics since I have the software on my iPhone. Any opinions on what would be the best mapping/chart?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsterz3! View Post
    I have a Minn Kota Terrova 80 with ipilot link and a Helix 9 Mega Chirp SI Gen 2 and am looking for the best navagation chart that will work with their awesome features. Humminbird has no current plans to map my lake so I am on my own to determine the best choice for mapping. I have read about Autochart and have considered Navionics since I have the software on my iPhone. Any opinions on what would be the best mapping/chart?
    To take full advantage of iPilot LINK, you need a Lakemaster map card or make your own maps with the unit built-in Auto Chart Live, or sonar logs converted to Auto Chart with the computer software Auto Chart or Auto Chart Pro.
    Using those maps gives you the Follow-the-Contour feature. It does not work with Navionics.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

10. Member
    Thanks for the information, would the best choice be Auto Chart Pro? From what I have read it has all available features.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsterz3! View Post
    Thanks for the information, would the best choice be Auto Chart Pro? From what I have read it has all available features.
    Yes, that does the most stuff. Both of the computer software versions come with a Zero Line Card.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

12. Member
    Would a helix 9 di gen 1 have autochart live if updated to the most recent software? Also does this unit have two card slots?
    06 Stratos 294 ProXL

Quote Originally Posted by AKRISONER View Post
    Would a helix 9 di gen 1 have autochart live if updated to the most recent software? Also does this unit have two card slots?
    Yes it has Auto Chart Live, it is not added via software update. Yes two SD card slots.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Yes it has Auto Chart Live, it is not added via software update. Yes two SD card slots.
    Thanks Wayne!
    06 Stratos 294 ProXL

15. Member
    Tried to snoop around a bit to find this answer but havent been able to find it..
    Long story short, had a bunch of issues with my gen1 helix 12SI and humminbird just replaced the inner computer with a gen2 computer. When I got the unit back it included the gen2 MEGA SI ducer! My question is will my Gen1 SI ducer work with the Gen2 unit I have now? I'm obviously going to replace the old SI ducer with the MEGA ducer as soon as i can, but its 30 degrees and snowing outside, its not going to get much warmer for the forseeable future either :( I'm digging my boat out of the garage in a few weeks to go down south to table rock and I dont know if I'm gonna be able to switch the ducer in time. If I can get away with using my old ducer for that trip I'm gonna swap ducers as soon as I can when I get back, if not then I gotta suck it up and freeze I guess.
    Thanks in advance whoever answers!

Quote Originally Posted by T-Wick View Post
    Tried to snoop around a bit to find this answer but havent been able to find it..
    Long story short, had a bunch of issues with my gen1 helix 12SI and humminbird just replaced the inner computer with a gen2 computer. When I got the unit back it included the gen2 MEGA SI ducer! My question is will my Gen1 SI ducer work with the Gen2 unit I have now? I'm obviously going to replace the old SI ducer with the MEGA ducer as soon as i can, but its 30 degrees and snowing outside, its not going to get much warmer for the forseeable future either :( I'm digging my boat out of the garage in a few weeks to go down south to table rock and I dont know if I'm gonna be able to switch the ducer in time. If I can get away with using my old ducer for that trip I'm gonna swap ducers as soon as I can when I get back, if not then I gotta suck it up and freeze I guess.
    Thanks in advance whoever answers!
    The MEGA SI transducer has a Down Imaging piezo in the transducer. The HDSI does not.

You can change the Connected Transducer setting to High Definition Side Imaging to match the HDSI.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

17. Member
    Thanks!! Do I need to switch out the y cable to the new mega y cable for it to work or will it work with the old y cable since I’m not running mega yet?

Thanks!! Do I need to switch out the y cable to the new mega y cable for it to work or will it work with the old y cable since I’m not running mega yet?
    Yes you have to change the Y cable to the 9 M SIDB Y when you use the MEGA SI transducer. The AS SIDB Y cable does not have a circuit for the Down Imaging piezo.
    You can use the 9 M SIDB Y with both transducers.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

19. Member
    I understand that, but if I have to run my gen 1 SI ducer for this trip will the old y cable work with the gen2 head unit?

I understand that, but if I have to run my gen 1 SI ducer for this trip will the old y cable work with the gen2 head unit?
    Yes, since you won't have a Down Imaging piezo to connect using the HDSI transducer.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Page 64 of 71 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast