Page 70 of 71 FirstFirst ... 206068697071 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1412
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeintheshade View Post
    What is the difference in resolution between the g3 /g4 helix 9 and 10?
    They have the same number of screen pixels====1024 X 600
    Sooo on the H10 they are either larger or have more space between them=less HD.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

2. Member
    Trying to understand pixel count and screen size? A H10 is 1024 X 600 pixel count and the H12 is 1280 x 800 pixel count'. Which of these graphs will have the clearest and sharpest picture? Considering the different screen sizes of these two graphs.

Quote Originally Posted by samcobra View Post
    Trying to understand pixel count and screen size? A H10 is 1024 X 600 pixel count and the H12 is 1280 x 800 pixel count'. Which of these graphs will have the clearest and sharpest picture? Considering the different screen sizes of these two graphs.

The 12 has the highest pixel density= sharpest images= more HD.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Wayne thanx again for response to my question, your information is always helpful. I got another question for you. I have a H12 gen1 at my console and and in one of my info boxes I display my battery voltage. I have checked the voltage of my battery at the battery and at the end of my power plugin to my graph( voltage reading is always equal), the voltage on my graphs reads about .5 volts less the the voltage reading I get from the actual reading from battery. Is this normal or am I getting resistance some where?

Quote Originally Posted by samcobra View Post
    Wayne thanx again for response to my question, your information is always helpful. I got another question for you. I have a H12 gen1 at my console and and in one of my info boxes I display my battery voltage. I have checked the voltage of my battery at the battery and at the end of my power plugin to my graph( voltage reading is always equal), the voltage on my graphs reads about .5 volts less the the voltage reading I get from the actual reading from battery. Is this normal or am I getting resistance some where?
    Your unit reads loaded voltage. A meter doesn't put a load on the circuit. Loaded voltage will always be lower.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Also most modern electronics have a protective circuit to prevent hooking up backwards & blowing up the unit. If a simple series diode is used for that, the circuit will drop the voltage .6-.8 volts as well as the loaded circuit voltage drop you experience.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

7. Member
    Sam, if you check your battery voltage with your unit on you will see a difference, but it should only be about .2 volts different unless you do have a bad connection or insufficient wire size.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

8. Member
    These questions may have been asked and if so I apologize in advance. I am not "tech savvy" so this stuff scares the crap out of me. So here goes the situation. I just picked up my new boat. It has a Helix 9 Gen4 Mega DI, SI on the console. I had a Helix 7 added to the bow that will run off the Helix 9. I am assuming they are using the same transducer so question 1: Do I have to do anything special for them to "work together"? Talking about settings and such. Question 2: My dealer told me to update my units. I read somewhere there were some updates that were causing trouble. Can anyone warn me what I need to look out for? And question 3: I purchased a Lakemaster Plus chip for my Helix 9. Being the units are networked will I need to install the Lakemaster on both units or just the Helix 9 since they are networked? I know this sounds elemental to y'all but I am coming from using an 898 and 798 that were not networked so I am a little nervous about these new units. This is the boat of a lifetime for me and I just do not want to do anything to mess it up. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

You need the correct version of the Helix 7 to share anything with it. Helix 7's are available in networkable and non-networkable models. The Helix 7 would have to be a G2N or G3N to be Ethernet compatible. All Helix 9's are networkable.

Once networked, you can share processed data from one unit to the other, you don't share a transducer, just processed data by selecting the other unit as the source for the data.

Helix units do not share any mapping of any type, they will read Navionics and Lakemaster map products. If you want added mapping in the Helix units, you have to add a map card to each.

The 898's are Ethernet capable, but only the 798ci HD SI Combo has Ethernet, there are two other models of 798.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

10. Member
    My Helix 7 is a G3N. I had a G2 on my duck boat and found out it would not network, that is why I got the G3N for the bow of my new boat. So I think I understand how that will work. Basically the bow unit G3N is only going to show what is on the console Helix 9.

But I will not be able to save waypoints on the console unit and them show up on the bow unit? Is this correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Flipping6.5 View Post
    My Helix 7 is a G3N. I had a G2 on my duck boat and found out it would not network, that is why I got the G3N for the bow of my new boat. So I think I understand how that will work. Basically the bow unit G3N is only going to show what is on the console Helix 9.

But I will not be able to save waypoints on the console unit and them show up on the bow unit? Is this correct?
    You can create waypoints on either unit, those are done by GPS and will be positioned by the GPS antenna that is selected as the source in the Network menu.
    The waypoints will be shared visually, but not physically. Both units have to be operating so they share.

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

12. Member
    Would anyone know if the XNT 9 HW T ever shipped with a solid mounting bracket? I purchased one listed as " Hummingbird 7102741 XNT 9 HW T Helix Dual Spectrum Chirp Transom Mount", the pic showed a break away mounting bracket, and seller claims it was shipped with his Helix 9 G3 unit. When I received it it has the solid bracket and looks like the XNT 9 20 T. It has a cable label "XNT 9 HW T" but also "490245-6", which when google comes up as the XNT 9 20 T. Are those 2 numbers contradicting, or does the 490245-6 refer to the cable type? I bought it for my Helix 10 MSI G3N unit and trying to confirm it is not a mislabeled unit before install. (seller used a stock photo of the breakaway bracket).

XNT 9 HW T and XNT 9 20 T come with the plastic two piece transom mount.

There is a metal mount to use for those transducers:
    https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.c...unting-bracket

The metal one piece mount comes with these transducers:

XNT 14 HW T - SOLIX Dual Spectrum CHIRP w/ Temp Transom Transducer | Humminbird (johnsonoutdoors.com)

XM 14 20 MDI T – Transom SOLIX MEGA DI Transducer | Humminbird (johnsonoutdoors.com)
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

14. Member
    I appreciate the reply and the links Wayne. However, replacing the bracket is not my first concern, verifying the model of the transducer is. Once I know I have the correct transducer, I don't have an issue purchasing an upgraded bracket.
    The first image is from the listing and what I expected to get. The second pic is of the transducer I was sent. The solid plastic bracket is what started me questioning the model, as I have never seen a XNT 9 HW T come with the solid, one piece plastic bracket, only the 2 piece bracket. At that time I only had one number (490245-6)off of the transducer cable and when you google that number, the XNT 9 20 T comes up. So that, combined with the incorrect bracket, made me question the model of the transducer. I later had the chance to look again at the transducer cable and it has the XNT 9 HW sticker on it as well. So which sticker do I believe, as they seem to contradict each other. Is there anyway to confirm the model of two identical looking transducers by hooking them up to a unit? Will the Helix 10 identify the transducer model that is hooked up to it? Thanks
    IMG_5375.jpgIMG_5372.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TW1875 View Post
    I appreciate the reply and the links Wayne. However, replacing the bracket is not my first concern, verifying the model of the transducer is. Once I know I have the correct transducer, I don't have an issue purchasing an upgraded bracket.
    The first image is from the listing and what I expected to get. The second pic is of the transducer I was sent. The solid plastic bracket is what started me questioning the model, as I have never seen a XNT 9 HW T come with the solid, one piece plastic bracket, only the 2 piece bracket. At that time I only had one number (490245-6)off of the transducer cable and when you google that number, the XNT 9 20 T comes up. So that, combined with the incorrect bracket, made me question the model of the transducer. I later had the chance to look again at the transducer cable and it has the XNT 9 HW sticker on it as well. So which sticker do I believe, as they seem to contradict each other. Is there anyway to confirm the model of two identical looking transducers by hooking them up to a unit? Will the Helix 10 identify the transducer model that is hooked up to it? Thanks
    IMG_5375.jpgIMG_5372.jpg
    Helix units and their transducers don't have XID (transducer identification). The Connected Transducer setting is used to match the attached transducer. Default is the standard transducer for the unit model.

There used to be a one piece plastic XNT mount shown in the Accessory Mount list, but not now. I have only seen that one used with a Transducer Shield and Saver Spring-back bracket.
    The one piece is not really "incorrect" for the XNT transducers, it just does not have the lower impact release capability. It would be like the metal one==the ratchets would be the release mechanism.

The XNT 9 HW T has the Dual Spectrum Low-Q High Wide CHIRP 140-240 kHz piezo for the third and forth generation Helix units.

The XNT 9 20 T is the Dual Beam 83/200 kHz piezo for older Helix and number series units and some even older units. The 20 in the model name stands for the 20 degree spec coverage of 200 kHz.

So as far as unit use, the transducer model name is what is relevant, not the mount.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

16. Member
    I don't have an issue with the mount. It was just the first of two things that made me question the model I was sent. The other thing in question is the item number on the cable...
    490245-6. That number brings up the XNT 9 20 T, that is the issue. Do you know if that is the item number, a cable designation number, or perhaps means nothing? Seller now tells me this was the transducer sent with his Helix 7 G3N that he never used, if that helps. Him and I are now questioning if Humminbird sent him the wrong transducer with his Helix 7. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TW1875 View Post
    I don't have an issue with the mount. It was just the first of two things that made me question the model I was sent. The other thing in question is the item number on the cable...
    490245-6. That number brings up the XNT 9 20 T, that is the issue. Do you know if that is the item number, a cable designation number, or perhaps means nothing? Seller now tells me this was the transducer sent with his Helix 7 G3N that he never used, if that helps. Him and I are now questioning if Humminbird sent him the wrong transducer with his Helix 7. Thanks!
    The model name is what counts on the yellow tag with barcode. Humminbird website shows an item number for each transducer that starts with 7.

I have an XNT 9 20 T and the white tag has 490245-6

The 2D transducer for a Helix 7 G3 or G3N is XNT 9 HW T. It is shown on the Humminbird website in the Specs as "Transducer Included"

HELIX 7 CHIRP GPS G3 | Humminbird (johnsonoutdoors.com)

You can use the XNT 9 20 T with a third generation Helix by matching the Connected Transducer setting for 83/200 kHz instead of High Wide CHIRP
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

18. Member
    I have recently purchased my first “fish finder (helix 10)” and been studying the Autochart thread http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=508722 and this thread. Just wondering if someone could point me to a thread where I could also find some Helix DI, And SI screenshots with descriptions of the field of view and also share some of my screenshots. I found a link that Doug V. posted to a yahoo group for SI. I have a yahoo account but have been unable to find this group or a similar one. I would love to find a resource to study other helix DI,SI images as well as get some input on some my recordings/screenshots. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kytrails View Post
    I have recently purchased my first “fish finder (helix 10)” and been studying the Autochart thread http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=508722 and this thread. Just wondering if someone could point me to a thread where I could also find some Helix DI, And SI screenshots with descriptions of the field of view and also share some of my screenshots. I found a link that Doug V. posted to a yahoo group for SI. I have a yahoo account but have been unable to find this group or a similar one. I would love to find a resource to study other helix DI,SI images as well as get some input on some my recordings/screenshots. Thanks!
    In the main menu there is a Humminbird Image Interpretation forum below the Humminbird Sonar/GPS forum.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

20. Member
    I’m outfitting a new boat and am interested in the Helix (8,9,or10) CHIRP MEGA SI GPS connected to Minn Kota Riptide Terranova with iPilot link. I saw a great youtube video demonstrating sidescan image selecting a passed location and sending the selected location to the TM and the TM would go to it and spot lock. The youtube video was demonstrating a SOLIX MODEL using screen touches. My question is can the HELIX MODEL do the same function with button pushes? I currently have a HELIX 7 CHIRP SI GPS G2 and am familiar with the button pressing stuff.

Page 70 of 71 FirstFirst ... 206068697071 LastLast