Page 69 of 71 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1412
    Quote Originally Posted by RichW View Post
    Only have room for the one unit (Helix 10 MSI G3N) on my stick steer and was planning on getting a mega 360 at some point. Is it true that I would lose my SI if I got a mega 360? Thanks
    The MEGA 360 uses the SI circuits. It REPLACES SI on a SI+ unit and ADDS SI to a DI+ unit.

The 360's are rotating Side Imaging transducers so they do SI or 360 but not at the same time.

There is no switch, Y cable, or menu setting that will allow connection/choice of the MEGA 360 or the Side Imaging piezos in a SI transducer.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    The MEGA 360 uses the SI circuits. It REPLACES SI on a SI+ unit and ADDS SI to a DI+ unit.

The 360's are rotating Side Imaging transducers so they do SI or 360 but not at the same time.

There is no switch, Y cable, or menu setting that will allow connection/choice of the MEGA 360 or the Side Imaging piezos in a SI transducer.
    Thanks for the explanation Wayne. Would a Solex unit be a better choice. Thanks
    Last edited by RichW; 09-13-2020 at 08:20 AM.
    Alweld 1856 Stick Steer with 70 Yamaha
    Dual Power Pole Blades/ Helix 10 MSI
    80# Ulterra Link/2 Ionic Lithium 50s/ShuttleSlide Mount

USAF Ret

Quote Originally Posted by RichW View Post
    Thanks for the explanation Wayne. Would a Solex unit be a better choice. Thanks
    Maybe, you gain touch screen, but the MEGA 360 connection is the same.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Doug I tried sending you a PM but it’s full...Here is my message:

I’m new to Hummingbird and have some issues...I purchased a 2020 Ranger 1880 Angler that came with a Lowrance HDS Live at the console...I didn’t get a bow mount graph when I ordered the boat...I have the Ulterra trolling motor with the built in MDI transducer...I recently purchased a used Helix 12 MDI G2N from a member here...Unit looks like new and still had the screen protector on it...I installed the Helix, basically it was plug and play with my trolling motor...Graph works great when the trolling motor is not in use but as soon as I start to use it my graph goes crazy and starts reading crazy depths and lots of interference...I step off the trolling motor and it works great...It’s driving me nuts!!! Any help? Thank you in advance...Tim

5. Member
    Noticed Helix has an updated manual. G4 is listed.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

6. Member
    This has probably been asked but can the G4N's share the same network with G2N's? I would only need to share waypoints between the units or have the G4N read the currently installed G2N's MEGA SI transducer.

Adding Mega 360 and would like to only upgrade one of my G2N's if possible.

Any help appreciated.

-Todd

Quote Originally Posted by ryancompetition View Post
    This has probably been asked but can the G4N's share the same network with G2N's? I would only need to share waypoints between the units or have the G4N read the currently installed G2N's MEGA SI transducer.

Adding Mega 360 and would like to only upgrade one of my G2N's if possible.

Any help appreciated.

-Todd
    Yes you can share waypoints between Helix generations.

No you cannot read another unit's transducer, what is done is the unit shares the processed data of another unit by selecting the other unit in the Network menu. The unit you want to share the data from has to be powered on and operating to have the processed data to share.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

8. Member
    If I understand correctly then for example a bow mounted G4N would read the processed data from the console mounted G2N w/ SI MEGA.

With a MEGA 360, read above that a G4N DI would be able to function as a SI unit? Can this processed data be read then by the G2N unit?

Quote Originally Posted by ryancompetition View Post
    If I understand correctly then for example a bow mounted G4N would read the processed data from the console mounted G2N w/ SI MEGA.

With a MEGA 360, read above that a G4N DI would be able to function as a SI unit? Can this processed data be read then by the G2N unit?
    The MEGA 360 ADDS 360 and Side Imaging to a DI+ unit (G3N or G4N). Those can be shared to a G2N unit.

You cannot view 360 and SI at the same time, you change the unit setting according to the view you have selected. You get a pop-up menu to do that.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

10. Member
    So I didnt want to start a new thread to make this statement but today I received my Helix GN4 Mega DI+ CHO as well as my Mega 360 woot woot. With that said the 10" Helix is going to be the biggest screen\Helix unit I have. I currently have a Helix 9,8 and 7 all GN3. I was shocked that the Helix 10 GN4 uses standard size SD card slots vs my other three smaller units which use Micro SD slots. Do all the larger screen units use SD vs Micro SD slots? And if so why? Guess I need to go dig up my old standard SD card adaptors so my micro SD cards will work LOL...... Feels so archaic ....
    2019 Ranger RT188
    Thomas Martin

11. Member
    Some of us are archaic and so are our units! Compatibility is a good thing with map cards. Many of the smaller units use the micro because they are small. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Some of us are archaic and so are our units! Compatibility is a good thing with map cards. Many of the smaller units use the micro because they are small. Bob
    Fair enough :) I guess I didnt realize the larger units used standard SD slots vs the 9 and below size units use micro SD. Most map cards ship with MicroSD with adaptors for standard SD which is usually a sign in an industry that they are trying to get away from something such as standard SD cards in this case.
    2019 Ranger RT188
    Thomas Martin

13. Member
    Hi Wayne, recently purchased a used boat that has a Helix 9 at the console and a Helix 10 on the bow. Both are Gen2 Megas. They are networked. The console unit seemed to be getting crazy readouts and after closer inspection of the transducer, it has a hairline crack in it. Probably going to upgrade to a 12" at the console in the future but for now what would be a compatible transducer that will work with the current gen2 and also a newer gen3 or gen4? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by fivebites View Post
    Hi Wayne, recently purchased a used boat that has a Helix 9 at the console and a Helix 10 on the bow. Both are Gen2 Megas. They are networked. The console unit seemed to be getting crazy readouts and after closer inspection of the transducer, it has a hairline crack in it. Probably going to upgrade to a 12" at the console in the future but for now what would be a compatible transducer that will work with the current gen2 and also a newer gen3 or gen4? Thanks!
    None, can't use a new transducer with a G2N and would have to dumb down a G3N/G4N to use the G2N transducer.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

AMP draw test for Helix 15 CHIRP SI+ GPS G4N at different backlighting settings and functioning in Normal with transducer attached:

Setting-- AMPS

10 -----3.30
    9 ------2.34
    8 ------2.00
    7 ------1.77
    6 ------1.56
    5 ------1.36
    4 ------1.29
    3 ------1.28
    2 ------1.27
    1 ------1.26
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

16. Member
    i have a question i know i can run my Garmin unit with livescope off a 20v dewalt battery has anyone done it with their helix9 unit? i am looking to pull all my electronics off of my cranking battery and put dedicated power if its possible without hurting the unit.
    shayne

17. Member
    Wayne what is the amp draw when unit is in standby mode?

Quote Originally Posted by samcobra View Post
    Wayne what is the amp draw when unit is in standby mode?
    Do not know, did not do that test.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

19. Member
    Thanx again Wayne

20. Member
    What is the difference in resolution between the g3 /g4 helix 9 and 10?

Page 69 of 71 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 LastLast