Page 66 of 71 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1412
  1. Member

Question

Ok folks, I came back to Humminbird and just purchased a Humminbird HELIX® 7 CHIRP MEGA DI Combo G3 unit for my Jackson kayak... I've been looking, is there a configuration baseline that I set mine to for bass fishing in less than 20 feet? thanks for any help!!!
    2021 Vexus AVX2080
    Sapphire Blue
    Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Garmin Force - 36v
    Garmin ECHOMAP Ultra 126sv (2)
    Garmin LV34
    Ionic & Epoch lithium batteries

Use the factory default settings and adjust if needed.

Default is the baseline.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    ok thanks, Wayne...
    2021 Vexus AVX2080
    Sapphire Blue
    Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Garmin Force - 36v
    Garmin ECHOMAP Ultra 126sv (2)
    Garmin LV34
    Ionic & Epoch lithium batteries

4. Member
    Question on selecting the best option for Electronics. I have a 26 foot bay boat that I use for freshwater, backwater, inshore, and offshore.

My research suggests that currently HBird has the best images. I am thinking a 9-10 inch screen with Mega capabilities in the console. I have an iPilot that I use to hold position asy trolling motor. .

Here are my questions:

Does 360 compare with Panoptix to the point that I should place a Garmin on the trolling motor, with a HBird on the console?
    Can I identify a point on the HBird then slave the Minn Kota to position the boat specifically over a wreck and hold it there?
    Can Mega do both MDI and MSI off the same unit?
    If it doesn't do both is a better option, assuming 360 is comparable to Panoptix, can I run a trolling motor mount with one HBird at the stern with 360 and MDI and a larger unit in the console with MSI, and slave all three to the console unit?

Would this be the optimal set up?
    Lastly which model(s) HBird would serve me best?

Thanks,

Chad

5. Member
    This thread is specific to the Helix. You should post your general questions in the main forum, you'll get more responses.

6. Member
    Hi all ��

Equipment :
    Helix 9 g2n chirp gps mega DI
    Helix 9 g3n chirp GPS mega Si+
    Ulterra i-pilot link with built in mdi 80lbs

Now my question :
    Can i use my G2n for mapping and display mdi from ulterra and using my G3n for connecting ulterra link cable and transducer msi+ ?

#2 and setting would be better then the default one ?

Thanks
    Newbie here trying To get better20190818_130410.jpg ��

Quote Originally Posted by Alcatraz75 View Post
    Hi all ��

Equipment :
    Helix 9 g2n chirp gps mega DI
    Helix 9 g3n chirp GPS mega Si+
    Ulterra i-pilot link with built in mdi 80lbs

Now my question :
    Can i use my G2n for mapping and display mdi from ulterra and using my G3n for connecting ulterra link cable and transducer msi+ ?

#2 and setting would be better then the default one ?

Thanks
    Newbie here trying To get better20190818_130410.jpg ��

The G2N MEGA DI unit is compatible with the Minnkota MDI transducer. Just need the 14 pin to 7 pin adapter. May need to select Built-in HW+MDI as the Connected Transducer source.

https://www.minnkotamotors.com/suppo...ilt-In-MEGA-DI
    Just need the AS EC QDE Ethernet adapter to connect the LINK Ethernet cable to the G3N and use the included MSI+ transducer connected to it. No menu changes needed, Default is the included transducer.

You can display Chart on either unit, but can only use the G3N for Follow-the-Contour unless you connect both units and LINK via the AS ETH 5PXG Ethernet Switch. Then you can use either unit for FTC.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

8. Member
    Thanks Wayne

9. Member
    I have a 2018 Z18 that came with a Hook 5 dash mounted display and thru the hull transducer. I've added a trolling motor Helix 7 DI GPS.
    I'm considering a
    Helix 9 SI GPS unit with display mounted in the console area. Looking mounting options for transducer and display?
    Vic

10. Member
    Love the Helix I have a 7 and 9 problem is they haven't been updated since bought. So I decided to do the update... All went perfect till it said "shutting Down". Saw the up date, started the update, and then Shutting down. It flashed the screen and the start screen comes on then it shows shutting down and loops several times till it hangs at shutting down. It no longer communicates with the pc software or even gives a startup beep. Hummingbird wants 250 to fix an issue that was caused by an update. Checked all over and this issue is all over... Im a tech of over 35 years, used to work on these 15+ years ago. If I cant find a schematic and cant figure out the factory reset process from the white papers then i'm either stuck with a bricked Helix 9 di gps or a $250 bill... needs to be fix on that update and also a simple factory reset method that doesn't require a novice to disassemble. Ill keep ya informed while i see if i can identify the process... not gonna bother updating my helix 7 si kvd till i fix the 9... HM customer service was nice but really only took my info and said it needs sent in to do the reset.

UPDATE:
    after communication via email several times they got back with me and said to send it in and if it was an update issue they would take care of it, I expected a reprogramming fee, shipping back fee... nope nothing $0 and the unit was back within a week... now thats a company that stands behind its customers and product!
    Last edited by Silverhawk; 10-29-2019 at 09:43 AM.

11. Member
    quick update, HB just kept replying with "send unit and $250", not happening, not paying to have a unit fixed after a bad update and update procedure. Gonna start reverse engineering the board, once i figure out how to reset or reprogram ill post the process...

12. Member
    I am new to the HB world and SI / DI in general. I have been trying to take all of the info here in but still find myself quite confused on what I should do. I recently purchased a new to me 2004 Ranger 519VX boat that already had a Helix 9 Chirp SI GPS G2N at the console and I am adding a 2nd Helix 9 Chirp SI GPS G2N unit at the bow. Coming with the new to me unit is a XP 9 20 through hull puck transducer in addition to the XM 9 20 MSI T (Mega) transducer that I think comes standard with this unit.
    I don't know what I don't know about all of these units and what they can do so looking for any help going forward. I primarily bass fish if that matters for setup and use.

1. I believe I need two ethernet adapter cables and a ethernet cable so I can connect the two units together. Also plan to get a Y splitter cable so the console unit can utilize the puck transducer for when I am on pad. Am I on the correct path with the cables?

2. Can I put the XM 9 20 MSI T (Mega) transducer on the trolling motor for the bow unit or do I need to get a different transducer for the TM?

3. Should I put a SI transducer up there or is there a better solution for the front unit?

4. The
    XM 9 20 MSI T (Mega) transducer that came with the boat is currently mounted via the transom mounting bracket on the transom. Due to some of the lakes I fish, I am concerned about tearing the transducer off of the transom so I think I would like to mount it centered on the bottom side of the transom setback and utilize the transom splashwell drain line to chase the transducer cable up out of the splashwell and into the rigging boot. I am sure I can fabricate a mounting bracket to mount to the setback. Will this be a good location for the best possible imaging and will I need to be able to adjust the angle of the transducer front to back for best imaging?

5. Besides sharing waypoints, what other functions / features become available / desirable to use with these units networked?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

Quote Originally Posted by M-D View Post
    I am new to the HB world and SI / DI in general. I have been trying to take all of the info here in but still find myself quite confused on what I should do. I recently purchased a new to me 2004 Ranger 519VX boat that already had a Helix 9 Chirp SI GPS G2N at the console and I am adding a 2nd Helix 9 Chirp SI GPS G2N unit at the bow. Coming with the new to me unit is a XP 9 20 through hull puck transducer in addition to the XM 9 20 MSI T (Mega) transducer that I think comes standard with this unit.
    I don't know what I don't know about all of these units and what they can do so looking for any help going forward. I primarily bass fish if that matters for setup and use.

1. I believe I need two ethernet adapter cables and a ethernet cable so I can connect the two units together. Also plan to get a Y splitter cable so the console unit can utilize the puck transducer for when I am on pad. Am I on the correct path with the cables?

2. Can I put the XM 9 20 MSI T (Mega) transducer on the trolling motor for the bow unit or do I need to get a different transducer for the TM?

3. Should I put a SI transducer up there or is there a better solution for the front unit?

4. The
    XM 9 20 MSI T (Mega) transducer that came with the boat is currently mounted via the transom mounting bracket on the transom. Due to some of the lakes I fish, I am concerned about tearing the transducer off of the transom so I think I would like to mount it centered on the bottom side of the transom setback and utilize the transom splashwell drain line to chase the transducer cable up out of the splashwell and into the rigging boot. I am sure I can fabricate a mounting bracket to mount to the setback. Will this be a good location for the best possible imaging and will I need to be able to adjust the angle of the transducer front to back for best imaging?

5. Besides sharing waypoints, what other functions / features become available / desirable to use with these units networked?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

1. Two AS EC QDE Etherent adapters and an Ethernet cable.
    9 M SIDB Y cable to connect the shoot-thru and transom SI transducer to the display.
    2D sonar will come from the shoot-thru all the time, since there is no circuit for the 2D piezo in the SI transducer using the Y cable.

2. Same transducer at both locations, just the mount is different. You can use the Humminbird trolling motor mount or one from Transducer Shield and Saver.
    AD MTM from Humminbird
    TM-HX-3 from Transducer Shield and Saver

3. I use Side Imaging at the bow with a Side Imaging transducer on the trolling motor.

4. Typically a XPTH thru-hull transducer is used under the Ranger transom extension, but you can use the included transom mount if you can safely route the cable without damage. Refer to the Installation and Networking sticky topic for Ranger installs,.

5. You can share GPS data, GPS, all sonar types, temp sensors, and Etherent accessories. Cannot share mapping.
    Last edited by Wayne P.; 11-14-2019 at 12:14 PM.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

14. Member
    Wayne, I truly appreciate you taking the time to get me going in the right direction on this!
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

15. Member
    This is the setup I want to do but can not find info to verify.
    I want to install 4 Helix 10's all networked
    1- SI G3N
    3- Chirp units
    Is this possible or do I need 3-DI units?

Quote Originally Posted by Backlash330 View Post
    This is the setup I want to do but can not find info to verify.
    I want to install 4 Helix 10's all networked
    1- SI G3N
    3- Chirp units
    Is this possible or do I need 3-DI units?
    That depends on where you want the sonar/Imaging data to come from. You can share all functions between/among units just need at least one that has the sonar technology you want to share.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

17. Member
    yesterday I went to use my new helix 10 g3n msi ...

everything was working ...

as if by magic like images si and di disappeared ...

the other functions continued to work ...

I live in Brazil and I am having difficulties

Can someone help me?
    20200223_134948.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by cdcslot View Post
    yesterday I went to use my new helix 10 g3n msi ...

everything was working ...

as if by magic like images si and di disappeared ...

the other functions continued to work ...

I live in Brazil and I am having difficulties

Can someone help me?
    20200223_134948.jpg
    Do a Restore Defaults and see what happens.

Also make sure the cable collector is latched on both sides to the back of the unit.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

19. Member
    I have done....

nothing changed

the di generates a bad image but not in the mega ... it generates umage. in 800hz ... but a bad image ... if it doesn't generate any more image

Quote Originally Posted by cdcslot View Post
    I have done....

nothing changed

the di generates a bad image but not in the mega ... it generates umage. in 800hz ... but a bad image ... if it doesn't generate any more image
    Some have experienced faulty transducers, yours may be one of them. Contact Humminbird Customer Service.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Page 66 of 71 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast