Page 63 of 71 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1412
  1. Member
    Hi to all, I just ordered and received on Friday a helix 10 mega di g2n. I am going to put it on the bow trollinging motor and link it to my console helix 10 mega si. It was too late in day to contact hummingbird yesterday, as they already started the holiday. They will exchange the transducer for a trolling motor transducer one for one, correct? Also what is this “choke” and “ferrite” rings for trolling motors you speak of? Are these needed and where to get them?
    thanks

Yes, you can exchange the transom transducer for a trolling motor puck, IF you don't use the transducer or open the mount package.

The PUCK comes with a choke cable that goes on the battery charger lead to the starting battery if you have a shared bank on-board charger.

You or anyone else will not know if you need to deal with RFI until you do the installation.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Thanks Wayne, I only opened the box to verify no shipping damages, all looks good. I did plug it into the console and power up and go through some of the menus for initial startup. Should I update these graphs? They both have different software versions. One is a SI and the new one is a DI helix 10. Hope to get installed as soon I can get the transducers swapped.
    My current lowrance elite has interference with the 2d sonar when I push the trolling motor pedal. It has vertical lines on the screen similar to what you see when I have 2 graphs on at the same time, only much worse. Is this the type of RF interference that may be seen with the humminbird helix?

Quote Originally Posted by cwils71 View Post
    Thanks Wayne, I only opened the box to verify no shipping damages, all looks good. I did plug it into the console and power up and go through some of the menus for initial startup. Should I update these graphs? They both have different software versions. One is a SI and the new one is a DI helix 10. Hope to get installed as soon I can get the transducers swapped.
    My current lowrance elite has interference with the 2d sonar when I push the trolling motor pedal. It has vertical lines on the screen similar to what you see when I have 2 graphs on at the same time, only much worse. Is this the type of RF interference that may be seen with the humminbird helix?
    Wait until the next software update is released before updating.

Any unit with any trolling motor on any boat can have RFI. You just deal with it if you have to and hope you don't have to. It is not a sure thing.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    I finally finished the install of the bow mount helix 10 after receiving the trolling motor transducer from hummingbird and dealing with the rainy September weather we've had. I ran an all new wire harness for only the humminbirds direct from the battery. Installing an on/off switch at the battery with a fuse block near the driver console. I built a deck mount over the trolling motor pedal for the helix 10 mega DI unit. Today I did the initial lake test, out for about 4-5 hours. Good to say, so far, I have zero RFI interference!!! I am very happy with that. I had two quirky software glitches though,

first, the depth of sonar would jump up to like 400' and the screen would auto adjust. I would restart unit and it would work fine for awhile then go back to the extreme depth. After going through the settings and comparing them to the console, I found sonar depth set to "2d" I switched to "auto" to match console and it worked perfect after that for the last few hours or so. It immediately corrected itself when the setting was changed. Is this one of the sonar depth issues others were having?

second, this happened twice, when I started the unit in normal, it shut off and restarted itself while it was booting up. so within the first minute of being started it restarted itself. now once was on the water and I was trying to figure out the sonar depth issue and the other was after I returned home in the driveway. I believe I was going through the menus and making adjustments when the unit restarted both times. Will they do this if I make setting changes before its booted up and gps locked on? any thoughts.
    Overall very please with this set up. I still need to get the Ethernet cables to link them together.

6. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    If you have not installed the new just released v 1.840 software go get it.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

7. Member
    Yes, I need to update both units to the current software update.

8. Member
    Hi, I'm planing to switch from Lowrance to a pair of Helix 9 Mega units and network them. If the bow unit is a DI and the console is an SI can I view the SI image at the bow on the DI unit? Thanks

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TimWard View Post
    Hi, I'm planing to switch from Lowrance to a pair of Helix 9 Mega units and network them. If the bow unit is a DI and the console is an SI can I view the SI image at the bow on the DI unit? Thanks
    Yes, the MEGA DI G2N model can share SI from a MEGA SI G2N model. Just need a ethernet cable of suitable length and two ethernet adapter cables to connect them.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

10. Member
    ezfishn, thanks for the response, I appreciate it.

11. Member
    Can you link a Helix 9 DI with a 1197SI for map sharing and waypoints?
    Danny Collier - Evans, GA
    Ranger Z520 / Mercury 250 ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by Daraco View Post
    Can you link a Helix 9 DI with a 1197SI for map sharing and waypoints?
    No Helix or number series units share any mapping of any type with any connection.

I think you can share waypoints if the 1197 has the last software update.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

13. Member
    can anyone confirm the menu functionality and autochart capabilities of a Gen 1 Helix 10?

im currently in the market to upgrade my Helix 7 G2 to a larger screen, however I very much do not want to lose the menu functionality that the G2 series 7 offers where you can hold View and select which view you want and more importantly Autochart live capabilities.

My friends G1 Helix 7 does neither of those things and I have absolutely no interest in a unit with the same functionality.
    06 Stratos 294 ProXL

Quote Originally Posted by AKRISONER View Post
    can anyone confirm the menu functionality and autochart capabilities of a Gen 1 Helix 10?

im currently in the market to upgrade my Helix 7 G2 to a larger screen, however I very much do not want to lose the menu functionality that the G2 series 7 offers where you can hold View and select which view you want and more importantly Autochart live capabilities.

My friends G1 Helix 7 does neither of those things and I have absolutely no interest in a unit with the same functionality.
    If you mean the short cut menu you get when holding the View button, the first generation Helix 12 CHIRP SI GPS has it with current software. That is for VIEWS.
    What selection do you have with a G2 that goes to Auto Chart Live?

I have a Helix 7 CHIRP SI GPS G2.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

15. Member
    Sorry for the confusion, I am speaking from experience using a gen 1 helix 7 vs a gen 2

from what I am gathering there is very little difference in terms of menus and functionality between a helix 10 gen 1 with the most up to date software installed and that of the menus available on a gen 2 helix 7

that includes autochart live functionality that the gen 1 helix 7’s did not maintain
    Last edited by AKRISONER; 12-17-2018 at 04:02 PM.
    06 Stratos 294 ProXL

Quote Originally Posted by AKRISONER View Post
    Sorry for the confusion, I am speaking from experience using a gen 1 helix 7 vs a gem 2

from what I am gathering there is very little difference in terms of menus and functionality between a helix 10 gen 1 with the most up to date software installed and that of the menus available on a gen 2 helix 7
    Did the PM explain it good enough about the first generation Helix 7?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    Yes, the MEGA DI G2N model can share SI from a MEGA SI G2N model. Just need a ethernet cable of suitable length and two ethernet adapter cables to connect them.
    I'm wanting to add a Helix Mega DI G2 or 3N to a Helix Mega SI G2N, I understand about sharing SI but can I view SI and DI on the Mega DI unit at the same time using different transducers?

Quote Originally Posted by Greenwing1 View Post
    I'm wanting to add a Helix Mega DI G2 or 3N to a Helix Mega SI G2N, I understand about sharing SI but can I view SI and DI on the Mega DI unit at the same time using different transducers?
    Yes, you will have two units to choose from as a source for DI with both units.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Yes, you will have two units to choose from as a source for DI with both units.
    Thanks. I wanted to make sure before buying one.

New to Hummingbird Im sure this has been asked before.but here goes. UPgrading to Hummingbird from GEN3 HDS. My loving wife has greenlighted me on a Helix 9 or 10 unit. If i get a Helix 9 or 10 DI can I buy a SI transducer later to get SI on this unit? The birds will be G2N or G3N Thanks in advance!

Page 63 of 71 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast