Page 62 of 71 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1412
  1. Member
    Helix should be here tomorrow. I rec’d the transom shield for the transom mount xcdr from BBG. Now that I’ve decided to put the new Helix on the bow I have this leftover. I also have a brand new TCM-1 HB choke I bought yrs ago if you know anyone looking for these.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownTrout View Post
    Helix should be here tomorrow. I rec’d the transom shield for the transom mount xcdr from BBG. Now that I’ve decided to put the new Helix on the bow I have this leftover. I also have a brand new TCM-1 HB choke I bought yrs ago if you know anyone looking for these.
    You may want to hang on to that trolling motor choke, it may be needed when you finish all the installation.

The trolling motor puck will come with a choke cable for the battery charger lead to the starting battery. That may not be enough since there are dozens of possible remedies for RFI if you get it.
    A MEGA unit has three imaging frequencies and the 2D sonar frequency/s that can be affected by RFI.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    OK, got my new unit and already shipped the transom mount xdcr back to HB for credit.

Now, what about the ethernet? I had had been networking two 998s. Guess I need an adapter to hook my current ethernet cable to the Helix so I can network with the 998 on the console?

4. Member
    AS EC QDE. Is this the correct adapter?

AS EC QDE. Is this the correct adapter?
    Yes

6. Member
    Thanks!

7. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Poke them buttons Jim!

Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

8. Member
    Rather poke buttons than poke a touch screen Robert. Just have to assemble all the darn parts I need so I can try it out. Thinking about hooking it up to the HDSI xdcr and see how it does. Fishing in the morning but don’t want to chance having a blank screen on the bow. Do a lot of vertical spooning and drop shotting this time of year.

Sent my transom mount xdcr back to HB yesterday. Probably be 3 weeks before I get bow xdcr. Going by my local marine dealer this morning to order the darn ethernet adapter. Wish I’d known about this before I ordered the Helix. Could have had Brian at BBG include it with my shipment.

9. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Rather poke buttons than poke a touch screen Robert. Just have to assemble all the darn parts I need so I can try it out. Thinking about hooking it up to the HDSI xdcr and see how it does. Fishing in the morning but don’t want to chance having a blank screen on the bow. Do a lot of vertical spooning and drop shotting this time of year.

Sent my transom mount xdcr back to HB yesterday. Probably be 3 weeks before I get bow xdcr. Going by my local marine dealer this morning to order the darn ethernet adapter. Wish I’d known about this before I ordered the Helix. Could have had Brian at BBG include it with my shipment.
    Me too Jim, I fish some bumpy waters at times & a touch screen just isn't for me.

I think Cabela's may have one of the lowest prices on those but you may not have one nearby - they haven't used the straight knurled M12 connector since the 998 - the x99's are when they started several years ago.

RAS
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

10. Member
    Wish I’d known about this before I ordered the Helix. Could have had Brian at BBG include it with my shipment.

Not only have I found Brian to have the best prices out there, but I've also found him to be EXTREMELY knowledgeable. The trick is to talk through your desired rigging for the boat, and he'll make sure you have every little piece you need. I ended up with a giant pile of boxes when I called him - but every single thing went into the boat. Nothing left over, and no need to order anything else. Excellent guy to work with.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sfw1960 View Post
    Me too Jim, I fish some bumpy waters at times & a touch screen just isn't for me.

I think Cabela's may have one of the lowest prices on those but you may not have one nearby - they haven't used the straight knurled M12 connector since the 998 - the x99's are when they started several years ago.

RAS
    My local marine dealer ordered the adapter cable for me this morning. Will be here at 1:00 pm tomorrow. $24.97. Not bad service and price!

Isn’t there supposed to be some kind of in-line choke that comes with the trolling motor xdcr that hooks up off my battery charger? If so, do you have a pic? Didn’t see it on the HB web site and wasn’t inc in the pic of the xdcr.
    Last edited by BrownTrout; 08-15-2018 at 01:28 PM.

12. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar

USA

Sorry for being so long....I copied this one Jim, IDK if I took a pic of mine or not...

There's plenty online too.

RAS
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

13. Member
    Great! Thanks again Robert!

BTW, do you know if that in-line filter can be bought separate from the xdcr?

14. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Call C/S & ask for # 490482-1.

I know at least one person that got one from them ...
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

15. Member
    Got it. Thanks!

16. Member
    Got an email from HB this morning saying my TM xdcr has shipped! Got the ferrite ring from them yesterday. Great service from HB. Of course, they knew if I wasn’ happy I’d release the Kracken on them. lol Happy camper right now. Should have everything installed next week.

17. Member
    Sent in my Mega DI transducer for the transom back to HB last Friday in exchange of the trolling moter version and they shipped it yesterday, should have it Monday. Excited to give it a try. Went yesterday and just used a spare DI transducer I have, not a bad pic but hoping the mega di and low Q 2d will be much better.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    Sent in my Mega DI transducer for the transom back to HB last Friday in exchange of the trolling moter version and they shipped it yesterday, should have it Monday. Excited to give it a try. Went yesterday and just used a spare DI transducer I have, not a bad pic but hoping the mega di and low Q 2d will be much better.
    looking forward to seeing some screen shots

19. Member
    My transducer came in today rather than Monday, :) 8 days total from the day I sent my transom transducer back to HB in exchange for the trolling motor version. Not bad, I'm happy! Hope to get out next week and give it a try.

20. Member
    Well, we got the new Helix 10 and trolling motor xdcr hooked up this afternoon along with the in-line choke for the charger. Won’t be able to check it out on the water until Wed morning. Also hooked up a ferrite ring to both the xdcr cable at the bow for the new unit and another at the console for the old 998 unit. Looks good and boots up normally. No GPS signal since it’s in the boat house. I’ll let you know what I think Wed after we get back from the lake.
    Last edited by BrownTrout; 08-21-2018 at 06:59 AM.

Page 62 of 71 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast