Page 57 of 71 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1412
    Ok I understand what you are saying. I will try it in that spot, and if I get interference I can then take the measures to get rid of it. Thanks!
    2017 Lund Renegade 1875
    Mercury 115 Pro XS
    Spitfire X7 17p
    Fortrex 80
    Helix 7 Chirp GPS G2N
    Helix 10 Mega SI G2N
    Helix 10 Mega DI G2N
    Dual Power Pole 8' Blades

2. Member
    Which unit would you recommend for the bow of my grizzly 1754? I am torn between a down imaging or the side imaging units in the helix 9 model for thee bow w/trolling motor transducer. I fish almost always shallow for bass and will look to purchase 360 imaging down the road for bigger lakes next year. I have a helix 7 DI on the console (RAM mounted) for GPS, but was considering purchasing 2 helix 9's-- one for bow and another for the console.

Quote Originally Posted by pamountainboy View Post
    Which unit would you recommend for the bow of my grizzly 1754? I am torn between a down imaging or the side imaging units in the helix 9 model for thee bow w/trolling motor transducer. I fish almost always shallow for bass and will look to purchase 360 imaging down the road for bigger lakes next year. I have a helix 7 DI on the console (RAM mounted) for GPS, but was considering purchasing 2 helix 9's-- one for bow and another for the console.
    I covered that in your other post.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    I have a few questions I hope to get answered.
    1. Anyone hear of anything new in hardware coming to Helix family. I got bit last time and bought a Gen 1 Helix 12 SI Chirp only for MEGA to come out 4 months later. I want a second unit for only mapping and am looking at used 10's, but have toyed with a second 12 but use the MEGA for SI/DI. I looked on the New products sticky and didnt see any new postings.
    2. If I run two units ( one mapping and one fish/structure), if I see something and scroll over and mark it on my SI view unit, does the waypoint show up on my other mapping unit if I link them?
    3. What part do I need to link them, they will only be 16" apart.
    4. Ok, very subjective. But is MEGA really worth it given I have a 12 SI Chirp already. I realize I would get MEGA if I bought new, but I am torn between new and used. My application has room for two 12's, so thats not the concern.
    Ches.
    2013 Lund 2010 Pro Guide, 150 Verado SN:2B024387
    2X Helix 12's Mega G2N's, Lvl. 2 Merc Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Ches. View Post
    I have a few questions I hope to get answered.
    1. Anyone hear of anything new in hardware coming to Helix family. I got bit last time and bought a Gen 1 Helix 12 SI Chirp only for MEGA to come out 4 months later. I want a second unit for only mapping and am looking at used 10's, but have toyed with a second 12 but use the MEGA for SI/DI. I looked on the New products sticky and didnt see any new postings.
    2. If I run two units ( one mapping and one fish/structure), if I see something and scroll over and mark it on my SI view unit, does the waypoint show up on my other mapping unit if I link them?
    3. What part do I need to link them, they will only be 16" apart.
    4. Ok, very subjective. But is MEGA really worth it given I have a 12 SI Chirp already. I realize I would get MEGA if I bought new, but I am torn between new and used. My application has room for two 12's, so thats not the concern.
    Ches.
    1. The newest models were announced a few months ago. Helix MEGA DI units and SOLIX 10's.

2. Yes they will share waypoints via Ethernet.

3. Two AS EC QDE adapters and One AS EC 2E Ethernet cable. That is 52" total length.

4. Subjective is correct. It is if you think it is. The MEGA SI units have a dedicated DI crystal in the transducer.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    1. Just a guess but at least late this year and probably next for a new model. The MEGA SI and DI units are too new.
    2. Yes
    3. Ethernet cable AS EC 2E and two Ethernet Cable Adapters AS EC QDE.
    4. Kind of your call but normally better to buy the latest model if you have the budget. Support period would be longer but you might be able to find a deal on a G1 model that you can't pass up...LOL

Note: sorry Wayne...guess I'm getting slow...LOL
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

7. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Lots of guys buying the 'Bird Mega units and bailing from the Lowrance's they're used to...
    Details like no other consumer sonar GPS machines out there...
    I'm considering selling off one of my Gen 1 Helix 12's and getting an MDI unit up front.
    The Helix 12 Gen 1 have chirp 2D but no Chirp imaging.
    If I change gear, I'm likely to move the Helix 12 DI out.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

8. Member
    Thanks for the info guys, I bought my unit in late July 2016 and I thought MEGA 12's was announced in October or November. I know the MEGA is subjective. I have seen the pictures, but they could be the best of the best and not what a guy will my abilities might see. I am at a point in life that I have started thinking if I don't jump now, I will not be able to jump anymore. But the price difference is a concern. Again thanks.
    Ches.
    2013 Lund 2010 Pro Guide, 150 Verado SN:2B024387
    2X Helix 12's Mega G2N's, Lvl. 2 Merc Monitor

9. Member
    I have Helix 10 Sonar/GPS at bow connected to US2 fortrexx, I want to link it to a Helix 9 SI/GPS at console.. Will I need a Y cable for the bow so I can still use the US2 on the Fortrexx ? So 2 AS EC adapters, Y ethernet cable for bow, and the ethernet cable to link? I already have 1 adapter for the US2, I would go look but boat is currently out of town since I'm in school. Want to go ahead and get everything so I can install next trip home. Thanks

10. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Nope.

You can only network 2 devices in a "peer to peer" configuration, anything more requires the network switch to "route traffic" among the shared Ethernet devices.

The TM is one Ethernet device and so is the Helix 10 you have (2 connected devices), in order to add a third device you will require the AS ETH 5PXG Ethernet Switch, and another AS EC QDE for the Helix 9 SI with a cable of required length found on the HB site under Networking..
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sfw1960 View Post
    Nope.

You can only network 2 devices in a "peer to peer" configuration, anything more requires the network switch to "route traffic" among the shared Ethernet devices.

The TM is one Ethernet device and so is the Helix 10 you have (2 connected devices), in order to add a third device you will require the AS ETH 5PXG Ethernet Switch, and another AS EC QDE for the Helix 9 SI with a cable of required length found on the HB site under Networking..
    Thanks for the help.

12. Member
    So the previous boat owner actually had 2 transom transducers, a compact and a HDSI I'm guessing it would be more economical to just move the compact transducer to the bow and get the transom to TM adapter instead of using the US2 ethernet hook up from the TM. Then I could link the Helix 9SI/GPS and Helix 10 Sonar/GPS without purchasing the AS ETH 5PXG?

13. Member
    I believe Robert was thinking a Link model TM when he responded. Link models have an Ethernet connection but the Fortrex isn't Link capable. You only need the Ethernet Cable and 2 Ethernet Adapter cables AS EC QDE. The adapter cable for the US2 should be MKR-US2-8 for the Helix 10. Not sure why the previous owner had the compact and HDSI transducers on transom unless they had updated and just left the compact installed.
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    I believe Robert was thinking a Link model TM when he responded. Link models have an Ethernet connection but the Fortrex isn't Link capable. You only need the Ethernet Cable and 2 Ethernet Adapter cables AS EC QDE. The adapter cable for the US2 should be MKR-US2-8 for the Helix 10. Not sure why the previous owner had the compact and HDSI transducers on transom unless they had updated and just left the compact installed.
    Thanks, Yes just a regular 2016 fortrexx with built in transducer. no linking or nothing. Just looking for the most cost effective way to share way points between my console and bow unit. I think he updated from the compact to the HDSI.

15. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bass_prodigy75 View Post
    Thanks, Yes just a regular 2016 fortrexx with built in transducer. no linking or nothing. Just looking for the most cost effective way to share way points between my console and bow unit. I think he updated from the compact to the HDSI.
    Good deal, then as Wes said - if no Ethernet connection is going to the TM - the units can talk directly.

Good call wanting the SI unit on the bow, if that's where you spend the most seat time.

You can also leave the TM down and view the SI from the console while searching at lower speeds.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

16. Member
    I use SI at console and bow like many unless they're using a 360 up front but nothing wrong in either case. Another option, might be since you have the HDSI already mounted on transom is to leave the Helix 9 SI at the console hooked to the HDSI transducer. Then put the Helix 10 SONAR/GPS up on the bow to use the US2 with the MKR-US2-8 (if you already have it) or a external TM puck. Might be able to use the compact with the Helix 10 and change the "connected transducer" to a dual beam or 83/200khz setting (would need to confirm that).
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    I use SI at console and bow like many unless they're using a 360 up front but nothing wrong in either case. Another option, might be since you have the HDSI already mounted on transom is to leave the Helix 9 SI at the console hooked to the HDSI transducer. Then put the Helix 10 SONAR/GPS up on the bow to use the US2 with the MKR-US2-8 (if you already have it) or a external TM puck. Might be able to use the compact with the Helix 10 and change the "connected transducer" to a dual beam or 83/200khz setting (would need to confirm that).
    Since the Helix 10 is a Sonar/GPS model, don't need to change any setting to use the US2 transducer since it is a 83/200 kHz transducer.

Could also use the Compact SI transducer as a dual beam transducer since it has a 83/200 kHz 2D crystal. Would not change the Connected Transducer setting for that either.

Some have used a Compact SI transducer on the transom for on-plane depth readings since they already had it when they purchased the HDSI transducer. It is a 2D-only transducer when connected to the 2D side of a Y cable.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

18. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

19. Member
    Thanks Wayne and Robert for confirming that one
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

20. Member
    I think y'all may have answered an additional question I had as far as the US2 Helix 10 connection. When I purchased the boat it had a 112 terrova with ipilot link however I fish a lot of shallow pad fields and decided to go with a fortrex since it would be easier to pull up and pull grass off the prop. The terrova was connected to the Helix 10 gps/sonar Im guessing with ethernet connection for the i pilot.. (I apologize for being so vague if the boat was at my apartment I wouldnt have this many questions). When I installed the fortrex I just took the US2 cable from the fortrex and hooked it to the cable already on the Helix 10 which may have been an ethernet linking cable and not the MKR-US2-8. I noticed when I was fooling around with the sonar vertical fishing when I would give the Trolling motor power my 2d sonar screen would lose 80% of the detail basically I could only see the bottom on the sonar return. I'm guessing this may be because I have the fortrex US2 hooked up with the wrong cable?
    I also determined that I'm probably going to go in and track down all the wiring and organize it to my liking, I've already discarded several lowrance cables that were disconnected and just left in the boat causing more confusion as far as where everything is hooked up. Again sorry for the excessive questions my old boat just had a 597 di and I'm trying to take full advantage of my new technology and get everything top notch. and thank yall for all the helpful comments and info.

Page 57 of 71 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast