Page 56 of 71 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1412
    Quote Originally Posted by RPD3991 View Post
    So to network a Gen 1 Helix 9 & 10 together to share GPS waypoints you need two AS EC QDE adapters and the ethernet cable? No ethernet switch box or anything additional?

Any reason why the descriptions on the AS EC QDE adapters on every website, including Humminbird's, only mention using the adapter for networking between older model Humminbirds? You'd think they'd update something so simple to reflect on their new products and diminish questions such as these...
    You only need to use the Ethernet Switch if you have more than two devices to connect together.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    You only need to use the Ethernet Switch if you have more than two devices to connect together.
    Thank you sir!

3. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    HB is sort of a big company, and they are usually good on backward compatability...

I bet they have a truckload of labels for the QDE's printed up and will use them up.

Like any other website (MI DNR is good for this) the most up to date and recent info is on the web page.

You go to any Helix web page (W/ an Ethernet port) & you'll see the QDE listed.

Maybe in a few more years the QDE's will go away along with the M12 threaded fastener - and it may end up molded ends that ONLY fit Helix xx Ethernet capable units & beyond.

RAS
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

That's all you need ..... Every core unit since the 99 series has used the adapter cable. The 98 series does not use the cable. There is an Ethernet manual on Humminbirds website that may clarify that more for you.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

5. Member
    + The 798 and 788 HD models used them.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

6. Member
    Hey guys i have helix 10 si gps got it installed got the way points moved on it some how i pushed a button and about every 30 seconds it beeps and displays total fuel alarm how do i get this off the screen. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brucekgreen View Post
    Hey guys i have helix 10 si gps got it installed got the way points moved on it some how i pushed a button and about every 30 seconds it beeps and displays total fuel alarm how do i get this off the screen. Thanks
    Alarm Menu
    NMEA2K Engine
    Top readout is Total Fuel Alarm, turn that OFF
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

8. Member
    Thanks Wayne

9. Banned
    Hi all, looking for some quick advice.

I currently have a helix 10 G2N DI unit mounted at my console. I’m looking for a similar unit for the bow. (Mind you I purchased my boat with the humminbird unit, to come to a price the previous owner took the front unit off). I’d like to save a bit of money, but my question is the G2n unit worth the extra money. I see that the helix 10 g1 is on sale for 830. Is the G2n unit worth another 300?

Second question is: is the recommended unit for the bow going to be the SI unit since I already have the DI unit on the console.

Thanks in advance. I’m new to humminbird.

10. Member

Seeking Helix 10 Configuration Input

Gentlemen, I just purchased a used Ranger 175VS bass boat and want to upgrade the electronics, but have a number of questions. I want to purchase HELIX 10's for console and bow, but I am unsure of a good configuration and wanted to seek some input.

1) One of the units will be a Helix 10 CHIRP MEGA SI/GPS G2N. I am unsure if this unit would be better mounted at the console or at the bow (or if it even makes a difference). I want to purchase a second Helix 10 unit but I am confused over which model to purchase. I suppose I could simply purchase two Helix 10 CHIRP MEGA SI/GPS G2N units and eliminate any concerns, but I don't think that I need to spend the extra money as the units should share data between them. My thought was to put a Helix 10 CHIRP MEGA SI/GPS G2N at the bow with the DI/SI transducer mounted on the trolling motor, and a Helix 10 CHIRP MEGA DI/GPS G2N at the console. The issue is that the only way to get SI would be to have the trolling motor in the water at all times, even when using the main motor.

In short, if this were your boat, how would you set it up? I just don't want to make a huge blunder when I purchase the electronics. I've talked to a couple of bait shops in the area and generally seem to get the "deer in the headlights" look.

2) I assume that in order to get DI while on plane, I would need to use a Y cable (MSIDB Y) with the MEGA DI transducer mounted near the drain plug, and an XP 9 20 transducer glassed into the bottom of the boat. Correct?

3) In order to network two Helix 10 units, I would need an appropriate length network cable and an AS EC QDE dongle for each unit. Correct?

4) I am also considering upgrading the trolling motor to a Minnkota Ulterra with iLink. At that time I would need to add an ethernet switch. Correct?

5) If any of you have mounted at transducer on this model boat or something similar, I would appreciate any suggestions regarding SI/DI transducer mounting at the stern. Bear in mind that I do not have a jack plate, just the standard Yamaha 115 motor mount.

I appreciate that I am posing quite a few questions, but again I have been away from the fishing electronics field for quite some time and want to make the right purchases the first time rather than making costly corrections the second time. Really appreciate any input you folks could offer.

11. Member
    In my humble opinion
    helix 10 or 12 mega di g2n with a 360 on the trolling motor
    helix 10 mega si g2n on the console

If money was not the biggest concern but getting everything covered was this is the route I would go
    but I’m not overly fussy . I prefer a solid platform that performs to the touch screen , feature heavy set up.

12. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Mega SI on both ends if it were my choice....
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

13. Member
    Thanks Wallace. A solid platform is what I am shooting for, with data sharing between the units. I may need to wait a bit for the Humminbird 360, but that will give me time to learn to read the bottom with the Helix units. Didn't realize that these were touch screen units. Thank for your input.

14. Member
    To sfw1960 - Would two SI units cause interference with each other? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm still in a massive learning mode. Fortunately (or unfortunately) I live in NW WI, so I still have six months to sort out my choices, buy the units, and get them mounted and wired before fishing season.

15. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    NOT if you share Ethernet signals, or if you set the DI & SI frequencies for imaging to different sweep frequencies NON-networked.

The 2D always fires 200kHz for digital depth, so that may be an issue.

I run a combination of 455/800/811-844/1175-1300 kHz and the 2D is shared on the 2 console units most of the time, and it shallower the cross talk to a bow unit is minimized considerably.

RAS
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

16. Member
    Thanks for the clarification Robert!

17. Member
    I have a helix 12 g2 mega si a helix 9 g1 and helix 10 g1 I only have the mega transducer on the boat if I turned the chirp off will the two gen1 units be able to display the 2d sonar

18. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigdog72 View Post
    I have a helix 12 g2 mega si a helix 9 g1 and helix 10 g1 I only have the mega transducer on the boat if I turned the chirp off will the two gen1 units be able to display the 2d sonar
    Yep...
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

Hey guys, recently got a couple Helix 10's for my new Lund. One is a mega si and one is a mega di. The si unit is already installed at my console and works great. Now I am trying to install the di unit on the bow on my own to save a little money and since I have all winter to learn how to do it. My question is do you think I have to worry about interference with this unit if I run the power cable down the same path as my trolling motor power cable? My trolling motor is a fortrex 80 that I got new in September. My transducer cable is mounted away from the cables on the trolling motor, so I think that spot should be ok. I have heard the newer units don't have as much trouble with interference but I wasn't sure if that's true. My boat has an easy to access wire path in one of the lockers, so if I could just use it that would make things a lot easier. Let me know what you think!
    2017 Lund Renegade 1875
    Mercury 115 Pro XS
    Spitfire X7 17p
    Fortrex 80
    Helix 7 Chirp GPS G2N
    Helix 10 Mega SI G2N
    Helix 10 Mega DI G2N
    Dual Power Pole 8' Blades

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeBassin View Post
    Hey guys, recently got a couple Helix 10's for my new Lund. One is a mega si and one is a mega di. The si unit is already installed at my console and works great. Now I am trying to install the di unit on the bow on my own to save a little money and since I have all winter to learn how to do it. My question is do you think I have to worry about interference with this unit if I run the power cable down the same path as my trolling motor power cable? My trolling motor is a fortrex 80 that I got new in September. My transducer cable is mounted away from the cables on the trolling motor, so I think that spot should be ok. I have heard the newer units don't have as much trouble with interference but I wasn't sure if that's true. My boat has an easy to access wire path in one of the lockers, so if I could just use it that would make things a lot easier. Let me know what you think!
    New or old units are affected by RFI randomly. You don't need to "worry about interference", you deal with it if you have to.

Paralleling the trolling motor power cable is a path for RFI, some get by doing it and some don't.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Page 56 of 71 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast