Page 55 of 71 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1412
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sfw1960 View Post
    Same XDCR element - you can use it NP.
    Awesome. Thank you.

2. Member
    I'm sure this has been covered elsewhere but why is there not a network cable that already has the proper connections? Just got my two Helix 10 mega's and thought I had everything I needed, Y cable, transducer mounting hardware, Etc. Got to the Ethernet cable and realized I needed two of the AS EC QDE adapters.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by medicpelle View Post
    I'm sure this has been covered elsewhere but why is there not a network cable that already has the proper connections? Just got my two Helix 10 mega's and thought I had everything I needed, Y cable, transducer mounting hardware, Etc. Got to the Ethernet cable and realized I needed two of the AS EC QDE adapters.
    Was changed to accommodate the wide variety of units being used out in the field. Cheaper from a business standpoint to have an adapter then building a bunch of different Ethernet cables. The Ethernet switch and older units use only a Ethernet cable with the screw in connector. The adapter allows a quicker connection for all cables to the unit.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

Also makes upgrading from the older units to the newer units cheaper and easier.....The Ethernet cable itself is the same across all generation units.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

5. Member
    Do the new soft covers stay on the units when trailing or on the water? they seem like a very snug fit.

6. Member
    Do the new soft covers stay on the units when trailing or on the water? they seem like a very snug fit.
    At $50 a pop I wouldn't chance it. I am either wrapping a bungee or Velcro or keeping it in the truck
    Last edited by ntslam; 08-18-2017 at 08:29 PM.

7. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    I made a pair of elastic bands 3/4" wide that hang on the gimbal when not in use - they have blown off on people before.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

8. Member
    I'm having an issue with interference with my helix 10 on the bow. I have a helix 7 on the dash. I'm being told that I have to completely turn off the 7 in order for the 10 to function properly. I'm getting nothing but lines on si and di on the 10. Is this true? Is there a way to fix the interference?
    2015 basstracker 190 txw
    Helix 7 console
    Helix 10 bow
    Minn kota ulterra

Which Helix 10 (there are 6 of them), and which Helix 7 (there are a dozen of them)????

Post a screen shot of the "lines".
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

10. Member
    I have a Helix 9 G2 mega SI at the console. When I reach a higher speed or just slightly choppy water my unit will completely shut off. I have the di/si transducer mounted externally at the back of the boat and also had the high speed transducer mounted internally. I was told to switch to the 2d sonar (the internal transducer) and this would fix the problem of the unit shutting off. It did not. Any suggestions?

Make sure the cable collector is firmly attached/snapped into both sides
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

12. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Make sure the cable collector is firmly attached/snapped into both sides
    THIS.

I also have a Velcro strap around my gimbal, holding the cable tray tight to the gimbal - no issues.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

13. Banned

Helix 12 Mega is not working for DI/SI.

I have a Helix 12 Mega that does not work for DI or SI, but does work for 2D. The unit has been restored to factory defaults and updated to the latest software. Have tried with both a Mega transom transducer and also with Mega through the hull transducer. Also have an 1198 and can few the SI from 1198 through the switch. Attached images with frequencies set to Mega, 800, and 455. My thoughts are that the Helix is bad.

Is there something I might be missing before contacting HB and returning for service?

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gfishin View Post
    I have a Helix 12 Mega that does not work for DI or SI, but does work for 2D. The unit has been restored to factory defaults and updated to the latest software. Have tried with both a Mega transom transducer and also with Mega through the hull transducer. Also have an 1198 and can few the SI from 1198 through the switch. Attached images with frequencies set to Mega, 800, and 455. My thoughts are that the Helix is bad.

Is there something I might be missing before contacting HB and returning for service?

Thanks
    Is your 12 just a standard 2d unit. I have a Helix 9 on my bow that is just 2d.

15. Member
    What I should have asked is what is the description on the box? Is it a Helix 12 mega SI G2. Etc

16. Member
    There is only one Helix 12 MEGA model at this time. Would recommend contacting HB CS.
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

17. Member
    So installed my helix 10si g1 and trying to get 2d dialed in.
    suggestions on setting? previous 588 worked much better for 2d at this point.
    Pretty clear lake 3-50'. It couldn't pick up a 1/4 oz 3"
    jig.

Also how do I change what shows up on the screen?
    would at least like to look at volts just to make sure my battery is holding up.

thanks

18. Member
    Select Boxes instead of Overlay and then select what readouts you want.
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

19. Banned
    Hi, hooked up the Mega transducer to the 1198, transducer appears to be okay. Appears Helix SI/DI was non-functional out of the box.

Very disappointing to have bought the unit in March, returned the transom transducer immediately to replace with the through hull, then with thru hull back ordered month after month, finally got a transom 3 wks ago after the transom came off back order and through hull a week later. It will be 6 months from when purchased before unit will hopefully be working. Very disappointed with HB.

20. Member
    So to network a Gen 1 Helix 9 & 10 together to share GPS waypoints you need two AS EC QDE adapters and the ethernet cable? No ethernet switch box or anything additional?

Any reason why the descriptions on the AS EC QDE adapters on every website, including Humminbird's, only mention using the adapter for networking between older model Humminbirds? You'd think they'd update something so simple to reflect on their new products and diminish questions such as these...

Page 55 of 71 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast