Page 52 of 71 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1412
  1. Member
    Hey Wayne thank you.

2. Member
    Someone knows If Helix (Gen1/Gen2) now have Mosaic feature of AutoChart Live like ONIX/SOLIX do?

3. Member
    Greetings everybody from Greece,
    I am a PhD student at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
    I am also a diver and shipwrecks enthusiast, we are thinking here at the univ. to use a Helix MEGA or Solix MEGA series sonar
    for "rough" mapping purposes, in order to geolocate shipwrecks or whatever interesting down there, initially at the port of Thessaloniki.
    We made this choice because we cannot afford a regular hydrography multibeam sonar...
    Is anyone familiar with converting these recordings to .XTF? Will HBSI work on these files?
    Could somebody send me such a file to work it out myself?
    We are planning to work with open source software but also SonarWiz...

Thank you in advance!

Panos

Wayne, We have 2 1199's and a 360 all thru ethernet hub...can we add a Helix 7 or 9 1st or 2nd gen and use the HDSI transducer already installed on transom, with 2d inside hull? what options do we have without getting rid of the 1199's? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KILL3R BEE View Post
    Wayne, We have 2 1199's and a 360 all thru ethernet hub...can we add a Helix 7 or 9 1st or 2nd gen and use the HDSI transducer already installed on transom, with 2d inside hull? what options do we have without getting rid of the 1199's? Thanks
    You can use a Helix 7 CHIRP SI GPS G2N, or Helix 9 SI GPS in place of and with both 1199's.

The Helix 7 SI GPS and Helix 7 SI GPS G2 are not Ethernet capable.

The Helix 9 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G2N uses a different SI transducer.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    You can use a Helix 7 CHIRP SI GPS G2N, or Helix 9 SI GPS in place of and with both 1199's.

The Helix 7 SI GPS and Helix 7 SI GPS G2 are not Ethernet capable.

The Helix 9 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G2N uses a different SI transducer.
    I wasn't sure because the two you mentioned above that will work, both use the compact SI transducer as standard, not the HDSI. Will I get better readings on the 7 or 9 using the HDSI instead of the compact?

I wasn't sure because the two you mentioned above that will work, both use the compact SI transducer as standard, not the HDSI. Will I get better readings on the 7 or 9 using the HDSI instead of the compact?
    Both can use either transducer. The HDSI is 2" longer and has longer SI crystals that produces sharper images.
    The HDSI will not give the Helix 7 the 800 kHz capability, the Helix 9 has it if you set the connected transducer setting to Hi-Def Sidescan.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Both can use either transducer. The HDSI is 2" longer and has longer SI crystals that produces sharper images.
    The HDSI will not give the Helix 7 the 800 kHz capability, the Helix 9 has it if you set the connected transducer setting to Hi-Def Sidescan.
    Thanks a bunch Wayne!...that narrows it down for me then...hopefully a 1st GenHelix 9 then!!

sorry Wayne, one more...I have one the 1199s as my main screen at the wheel, but wanted to add this one above the steering wheel for more wind deflection and to use for heads up navigation instead of having to look over to the right while running 65mph...would I get better SI (more defined) on the Helix compared to the 1199? That would be the only reason to get an SI unit instead of just a dual beam Helix. So trying to figure out what would work the best for the money..A dual beam 10 would be the same size and close to the price of the 9 SI, if that makes any sense at all..thanks

sorry Wayne, one more...I have one the 1199s as my main screen at the wheel, but wanted to add this one above the steering wheel for more wind deflection and to use for heads up navigation instead of having to look over to the right while running 65mph...would I get better SI (more defined) on the Helix compared to the 1199? That would be the only reason to get an SI unit instead of just a dual beam Helix. So trying to figure out what would work the best for the money..A dual beam 10 would be the same size and close to the price of the 9 SI, if that makes any sense at all..thanks
    Yes a higher resolution display. Much brighter also.
    Both the Helix 9 and Helix 10 have more pixels per square inch than the 1100 series. Both have the same size cabinet.

The H9 has about 2,500 more pixels per square inch
    The H10 has about 5,300 more pixels per square inch.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Yes a higher resolution display. Much brighter also.
    Both the Helix 9 and Helix 10 have more pixels per square inch than the 1100 series. Both have the same size cabinet.

The H9 has about 2,500 more pixels per square inch
    The H10 has about 5,300 more pixels per square inch.
    Thanks again Wayne...may have to go that route now

12. Member
    1. Does helix 12 mega si unit come with both si mega transducer and shoot through hull transducer for running or is there a through hull mega si transducer that is reliable?
    2. Can I use my current 2d transducer that is on my 1199, already epoxied in the bottom of boat, with the helix for running instead of installing new one?
    3. If I install helix 12 mega si unit on console can I link it to 1199 and 999 on bow with Ethernet cable I currently have linking 999 to 1199 for waypoint sharing? What about image sharing between the helix and 1199?
    Last edited by bassmedic1; 05-13-2017 at 12:15 AM.

1. No, it comes with the transom MEGA SI transducer.
    There is a thru-hull MEGA SI transducer but is not available yet--not something you would use on the planning surface for depth at speed. Those are used on the transom extension of a Ranger sometimes along with a shoot-thru 2D transducer.

2. Yes, you would need the MSIDB Y cable to connect the shoot-thru

3. Yes. You can share all but the MEGA frequency
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

14. Member
    What do yo recommend for transducer mount on jackplate for mega transducer?

Quote Originally Posted by bassmedic1 View Post
    What do yo recommend for transducer mount on jackplate for mega transducer?

Transducer Shield and Saver either with L bracket on the side or wedge on a holeshot plate.
    Either way include the holeshot plate.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

16. Member
    Changeing from garmin going to set up 360 what r my best options planing on a helix 12 g2n for the bow does it need to be a di unit seems like I read that the 360 does not have di anymore and was going to put a mega 10 at the console or is the mega 12 resoultion that much better for the money really confused if it was yours which set up would you use Thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
    Changeing from garmin going to set up 360 what r my best options planing on a helix 12 g2n for the bow does it need to be a di unit seems like I read that the 360 does not have di anymore and was going to put a mega 10 at the console or is the mega 12 resoultion that much better for the money really confused if it was yours which set up would you use Thanks for your help
    You can use the 360 with a CHIRP unit (Sonar), a DI unit, or a SI unit.

The H12 has about 1,400 more pixels per square inch, but is 2" larger.

BIGGER is better pretty much covers it.

The DI model and the MEGA SI model have a dedicated Down Imaging crystal in the transducer.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

18. Member
    You can use the 360 with a CHIRP unit (Sonar), a DI unit, or a SI unit.

The H12 has about 1,400 more pixels per square inch, but is 2" larger.

BIGGER is better pretty much covers it.

The DI model and the MEGA SI model have a dedicated Down Imaging crystal in the transducer.
    So can I get the di just from the 360 or do I need the di model I understand I need the sonar to get depth readings

19. Member
    Wayne, Are you saying I will get better results from my Helix9 chirp mega SI GPS G2N if I change settings from default (mega) XDCR to Hi-Def Sidescan ?? Only been out twice and am reluctant to change any settings due to excellent results just using all factory defaults. Only thing I have changed is sensitivity and color. This unit is unbelievable just out of box. I'm getting more rooster tail from XDCR than I would like, its mounted on non step aluminum hull G3 approximately 1" below bottom of boat, would it change my results if I raised XDCR to level with bottom of boat?? Would raising help eliminate rooster tail problem? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by loganmartincat View Post
    Wayne, Are you saying I will get better results from my Helix9 chirp mega SI GPS G2N if I change settings from default (mega) XDCR to Hi-Def Sidescan ?? Only been out twice and am reluctant to change any settings due to excellent results just using all factory defaults. Only thing I have changed is sensitivity and color. This unit is unbelievable just out of box. I'm getting more rooster tail from XDCR than I would like, its mounted on non step aluminum hull G3 approximately 1" below bottom of boat, would it change my results if I raised XDCR to level with bottom of boat?? Would raising help eliminate rooster tail problem? Thanks
    No, that is referring to the non-MEGA Helix 9 SI GPS for those that exchange the included Compact SI transducer for the HDSI transducer.

You have to experiment with height and tilt to get the best performance if that is the only transducer you are using.
    Less water exposure will have less rooster tail.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Page 52 of 71 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast