Page 48 of 71 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
  1. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    What Wayne said X 500!
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

Thank you Wayne and Robert.
    One other thing I was wondering, after I get these units (Helix 10 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G2N at the console and Helix 10 or 12 CHIRP GPS G2N at the bow connected to the Ulterra US2 and both eithernet connected to 360* on the transom), what are the best GPS Mapping, live mapping programs and what & how many SD cards should I get? From what I understand, the SD cards that come with the units only have about 8 hour capacity, but I would like much more capacity.
    Rob Kenny
    Weatherford, TX
    Bass Tracker PRO16

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyCharm View Post
    Thank you Wayne and Robert.
    One other thing I was wondering, after I get these units (Helix 10 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G2N at the console and Helix 10 or 12 CHIRP GPS G2N at the bow connected to the Ulterra US2 and both eithernet connected to 360* on the transom), what are the best GPS Mapping, live mapping programs and what & how many SD cards should I get? From what I understand, the SD cards that come with the units only have about 8 hour capacity, but I would like much more capacity.
    They don't come with SD cards. The 8 hours are in the unit's internal memory as Auto Chart Live.
    You can purchase a Zero Line Card and have enough contour mapping capacity for several lifetimes.

You can capture screen shots, do recordings, waypoint management, and software updates with a regular memory card. Max size is 32 GB.
    Typically 8GB is plenty. Class 10 preferred.

The units read Lakemaster and Navionics digital map cards. You can view the current Navionics maps in their website's Web App and you can download the lake list for Lakemaster to see what coverage is available for the locations you fish. There should be a new 2017 release of Lakemaster maps soon.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    They don't come with SD cards. The 8 hours are in the unit's internal memory as Auto Chart Live.
    You can purchase a Zero Line Card and have enough contour mapping capacity for several lifetimes.

You can capture screen shots, do recordings, waypoint management, and software updates with a regular memory card. Max size is 32 GB.
    Typically 8GB is plenty. Class 10 preferred.

The units read Lakemaster and Navionics digital map cards. You can view the current Navionics maps in their website's Web App and you can download the lake list for Lakemaster to see what coverage is available for the locations you fish. There should be a new 2017 release of Lakemaster maps soon.
    Will the zero line card work for recordings, screen shots, waypoint management and software updates like the regular card? Or can both zero line and a 32 GB card be installed at the same time?
    Will these cards be needed in both units even if the units are networked?

Which is typically better between Lakemaster and Navionics, and which would be best in the Texas / Oklahoma area?
    If there were big advantages with one and then other big advantages with the other, is it possible to run Lakemaster on one networked Helix and Navionics on the other networked Helix? If so, could you look at both Lakemaster and Navionics from either Helix unit in this scenario?

Thanks again for the info, it really helps to get figured out exactly what all I need to get to set this boat up right from day 1.
    You guys are a wealth of knowledge.
    Rob Kenny
    Weatherford, TX
    Bass Tracker PRO16

Some one posted a quote yesterday from the Humminbird site that you can use the Zero Line card for other stuff, BUT I would not take that chance of corrupting the card. You can purchase many memory cards for the price of a Zero Line Card.

The units have two card readers, you can have any combination of cards in each unit.
    They will not share map data so you would need a map card in both.
    It makes no difference what map card you use, the mapping is just a background on the Chart view and has no effect on the GPS function--totally separate-- mix or match map brands.

The best for you is the one that has the coverage you need, that is why you have to check what each has.
    When you view the Lakemaster list, there are three levels of maps:
    1. Lakemaster High Definition Survey
    2. High Definition Survey
    3. Standard.

#1 is very good.

Since you can view the actual current Navionics maps on their site, you can determine if the details suit you.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Thank you sir.
    Rob Kenny
    Weatherford, TX
    Bass Tracker PRO16

Ok, one more stupid question.
    On this video, Doug Vahrenberg appears to be looking at DI and SI on a Helix 12 CHIRP unit by using the 360* transducer. (Around minute 11).
    Is it a DI/SI unit or is this actually possible with a Helix 10/12 CHIRP GPS G2N Sonar unit?
    Im asking this because that's the exact unit I am planning on putting on the bow to primarily work with the Ulterra's US2.
    If it is in fact a DI/SI unit in the video, and if it's not possible to get an SI or DI image on a CHIRP Sonar unit through the 360*, would there be any disadvantage to using an SI at the bow? Would it be incompatible with the US2?
    I would actually spring the extra $$$ for an SI unit up there if that's the only way to get SI & DI from the 360* so long as there wasn't a disadvantage.

Rob Kenny
    Weatherford, TX
    Bass Tracker PRO16

Ok, one more stupid question.
    On this video, Doug Vahrenberg appears to be looking at DI and SI on a Helix 12 CHIRP unit by using the 360* transducer.
    Is it a DI/SI unit or is this actually possible with a Helix 10/12 CHIRP GPS G2N Sonar unit?
    Im asking this because that's the exact unit I am planning on putting on the bow to primarily work with the Ulterra's US2.
    If it is in fact a DI/SI unit in the video, and if it's not possible to get an SI or DI image on a CHIRP Sonar unit through the 360*, would there be any disadvantage to using an SI at the bow? Would it be completely incompatible with the US2?
    I would actually spring the extra $$$ for an SI unit up there if that's the only way to get SI & DI from the 360* so long as there wasn't a disadvantage.

A SI, a DI, and a Sonar unit will support the 360. The 360 can be used to create SI on the DI and Sonar models.

The 360 will not produce an image as sharp as a SI unit with a HDSI or MSI transducer since the 360 imaging crystals are shorter.

You cannot get DI by using a 360, that was discontinued when the MEGA units were introduced.

Some are using a Sonar model with the US2 and getting SI from the 360 if they want that view.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

A SI, a DI, and a Sonar unit will support the 360. The 360 can be used to create SI on the DI and Sonar models.

The 360 will not produce an image as sharp as a SI unit with a HDSI or MSI transducer since the 360 imaging crystals are shorter.

You cannot get DI by using a 360, that was discontinued when the MEGA units were introduced.

Some are using a Sonar model with the US2 and getting SI from the 360 if they want that view.

So in essence, having anything more than a Helix 10/12 CHIRP GPS G2N will not give me any advantage at the bow with 360 and US2?
    Rob Kenny
    Weatherford, TX
    Bass Tracker PRO16

The US2 only has 83/200 kHz sonar, no imaging capability.

If you want a DI or SI model with their transducer on the trolling motor, it makes no sense to use the US2 since those transducers have the 83/200 kHz sonar crystal.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

The US2 only has 83/200 kHz sonar, no imaging capability.

If you want a DI or SI model with their transducer on the trolling motor, it makes no sense to use the US2 since those transducers have the 83/200 kHz sonar crystal.
    Yes, understand the limitation with US2 but I'm really set on the Ulterra Ipilot link tm.
    With that said, when the 360 is deployed, is there an advantage with any other Helix unit over the CHIRP GPS G2N?
    Rob Kenny
    Weatherford, TX
    Bass Tracker PRO16

Yes, understand the limitation with US2 but I'm really set on the Ulterra Ipilot link tm.
    With that said, when the 360 is deployed, is there an advantage with any other Helix unit over the CHIRP GPS G2N?
    No, the 360 looks the same on any version of a particular model series. The 12" display is the most desired for 360 other than the 15" SOLIX.

BIGGER is better
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

No, the 360 looks the same on any version of a particular model series. The 12" display is the most desired for 360 other than the 15" SOLIX.

BIGGER is better
    Thanks Wayne.
    Rob Kenny
    Weatherford, TX
    Bass Tracker PRO16

Luckycharm, if you have not purchased yet check this Thread/Post...

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....=1#post8041204

Quote Originally Posted by BigMouth View Post
    Luckycharm, if you have not purchased yet check this Thread/Post...

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....=1#post8041204
    Man that kind of sucks. Have they made the update available yet?
    Rob Kenny
    Weatherford, TX
    Bass Tracker PRO16

16. Member
    I'd better ask before assuming anything -- can Humviewer process and display sonar recordings with the new chirp and mega SI frequencies?

Man that kind of sucks. Have they made the update available yet?

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Vahrenberg View Post
    NEW Cable Collector for the HELIX 9 & 10

Hi guys. I just got a gen 1 helix si and the box didn't include any type of installation instructions. Can someone point me in right direction to what each connection port is used for. Thank you.

19. Member
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

20. Banned
    Thank you

Page 48 of 71 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast