Page 12 of 71 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Great videos Doug ! The interest in the new Helix units is very strong and with all the new RC1 remotes out there from the Promo 999/1199 units that have been sold, there have been many questions on setup and use. This really helps explain the features and advantages of the RC1.

Brian

2. Member
    Is helix 9 ethernet compatible with core units 899 and 999?

3. Member
    Post #106

Yes, the new Helix units will network with core units like the Humminbird 1199. They will also require the AS EC QDE adapter as well. Brian

Quote Originally Posted by BBG Marine Electronics View Post
    Great videos Doug ! The interest in the new Helix units is very strong and with all the new RC1 remotes out there from the Promo 999/1199 units that have been sold, there have been many questions on setup and use. This really helps explain the features and advantages of the RC1.

Brian
    Glad it could help. More coming... these HELIX have a lot of features and lots of accessories. Keeping me busy getting testing and filming done. I bet Santa will be delivering lots of them for Christmas this year.
    --

http://www.dougvahrenberg.com/

BASS Central Open- Competitive Bass Angler and Humminbird Guru
    Visit my website to learn about my sponsor's products, fishing tips and techniques.

Learn More About Humminbird Side Imaging Visit: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sideimaginggroup/

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Vahrenberg View Post
    Glad it could help. More coming... these HELIX have a lot of features and lots of accessories. Keeping me busy getting testing and filming done. I bet Santa will be delivering lots of them for Christmas this year.
    Santa had better be able to get 1 before Christmas or he's getting punched in the throat!

Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post

you didnt answer my question though. will the helix 10 or 12 flush mount in the console of your skeeter?
    This is the 10" held up to the Dash of Skeeter FX20

--

Visit my website to learn about my sponsor's products, fishing tips and techniques.

Learn More About Humminbird Side Imaging Visit: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sideimaginggroup/

7. Banned
    so for boats made to hold 12 inch units, the helix 10 or 12 will likely not fit

that 16:9 config is gonna make it tough for those looking to flush mount
    Last edited by TroyBoy30; 11-10-2015 at 06:27 AM.

8. Banned
    so for boats made to hold 12 inch units, the helix 10 or 12 will likely not fit

that 16:9 config is gonna make it tough for those looking to flush mount
    Not really Troy because folks need to be talked out of flush mounting anyway

There are way to many good mounting systems out there to limit a unit by flush mounting......

9. Banned
    tell that to the people who want to flush mount

10. Banned
    tell that to the people who want to flush mount
    I do and once explained to them I've only had one person chose to do it anyway. Two weeks later he paid me to install a new panel and remount it........

11. Member
    The new mounting systems like Precision Sonar has are a great option to the flush mount installs. I just purchased SmartBracket Mounting system from Randy Kuhens and I'm very impressed with the quality of their product. In addition, the unit is now elevated above the steering wheel so I can view the complete screen.

Brian

12. Banned
    agreed, i love the bass boat technologies stuff but i dont think it will work for me. I don't like having to remove the unit from the mount and having to hold it while removing the cables. I have easy access to everything using the mount I have now. you also may need a spacer for the steering wheel. I have a precision sonar bracket on the bow, but for the console i think the BBT looks better.

some people also just want it flush mounted. they dont want to remove the unit all the time like most of us do. most stock installs are flush mounted as well.
    Last edited by TroyBoy30; 11-10-2015 at 12:29 PM.

13. Banned
    agreed, i love the bass boat technologies stuff but i dont think it will work for me. I don't like having to remove the unit from the mount and having to hold it while removing the cables. I have easy access to everything using the mount I have now. you also may need a spacer for the steering wheel. I have a precision sonar bracket on the bow, but for the console i think the BBT looks better.

some people also just want it flush mounted. they dont want to remove the unit all the time like most of us do. most stock installs are flush mounted as well.
    Along with a long list of other stock install issues.......

14. Banned
    aint that the truth

15. Member
    The HELIX 9 SI comes with the XNT 9 SI 180 T Compact SI xducer like the 899ci SI ...

Does the HELIX 9 SI have the "Hi-Def SideScan" menu selection under the "Connected Transducer" like the 899ci SI ...??

Rickie

16. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rnvinc View Post
    The HELIX 9 SI comes with the XNT 9 SI 180 T Compact SI xducer like the 899ci SI ...

Does the HELIX 9 SI have the "Hi-Def SideScan" menu selection under the "Connected Transducer" like the 899ci SI ...??

Rickie
    Good question Sir!
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

Quote Originally Posted by rnvinc View Post

Rickie
    Yes you can choose the Hi Def Side Scan Transducer Selection
    --

18. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar

USA Simply, Clearly .....

scHWEET!!!

HB_Logo.png
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

19. Member
    Yes everything at a price. Sure the compact SI transducer with cheaper units serves well, but there would be a growing number of users who just want the best sonar imaging at almost whatever the cost. I am one.
    John

Solix 12, Helix 12, Onix 10

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Vahrenberg View Post
    Yes you can choose the Hi Def Side Scan Transducer Selection
    Thanks for the clarification Doug ...

That's 1 more comparable feature for those contemplating HELIX 9 SI vs 899ci HD SI ...

Rickie
    Last edited by rnvinc; 11-18-2015 at 10:24 AM.

Page 12 of 71 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast