Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Thanks for the reply's guys. only thing to check if its not run lean is take off the plugs after full speed? Really good to hear people run it for long time with no issues

2. Member
    some things to consider, when DBR builds and test ecu programs we dyno test the engines with known proper functioning components. one obvious obstacle for us, is that a customers engine, who sends us an ecu, may not be perfect? the most common issue we see is the air and fuel delivery system is somehow compromised, this may be just a slight amount so it still seems to run ok? the only real way to test this is at wide open throttle , monitoring air and fuel pressures. easy in the dyno room, not so easy on a boat. the DBR tune for a 300xs as an example; is asking more of the fuel injector and air injector, and if one or both is not able to perform, the tune will not work properly.
    the 300xs engine is a great design, mercury did a nice job. The DBR tune does make more power over the stock format, if in your application you have not seen gains, that tells us something is not performing at its optimum, it may still perform ok, but you are leaving something on the " table " . i understand finding that something is not always easy, however, suggesting the ecu flash is to blame is simply not true.

3. Member
    Well the only thing I can add to this topic is that the Alien cowl is the best looking motor cover EVER!!!!!
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

4. Banned
    Still running mine with no issues. 16 hours with the cowl now.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by collins4 View Post
    Still running mine with no issues. 16 hours with the cowl now.
    Did you gain any speed with your set up??
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BULLET FAN View Post
    Did you gain any speed with your set up??
    2 mph so far. You're close enough to me I don't care to let you try it out on back to back passes.

7. Hagen
    Quote Originally Posted by collins4 View Post
    2 mph so far. You're close enough to me I don't care to let you try it out on back to back passes.
    You gained 2mph with only the cowl? Or is that cowl and ecu together?
    Want to buy old river2sea bully wa frogs.

8. Banned
    Cowl alone. My cowl has the intake in it also. I've not ran it in cooler weather yet so I might pick up a little more.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123