Thread: Rain suits

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Rain suits

Got some OT coming in the Next few days. Time to buy a good rain suit and bibs. Thinking about the Frabill F4 suit. I can pick up both the jacket and the bibs for $460 or I can wait til TW black Friday sale and get them for $400. Does anybody have one of these suits? I thought about the 100mph suits but I don't need to be a walking Billboard for BPS when I am not on the water.

2. Member
    Don't know about that suit
    but my wife bought me the
    bibs and rain coat from gander
    mountain there brand. If your interested
    i can get you the exact kind.
    She gave 89 dollars apiece and
    love them best rain suit i ever
    had and I had a 10x for 20 years.

3. Member
    I bought a rain suit from Lukes Ultra lite in Columbus Ohio. He specializes in custom made gear for back packers. Whole suit weights about 20 oz. I did the shower test on them just for shi### and giggles when I got them and they kept me dry as a bone. I fish mainly in warm weather so insulation or heavy material was not what I wanted. I paid around $400 for them. American made by a veteran, custom fit to my measurements. My wife is a quilter and she said that the stiching on the suit was excellent.

Frabill F4 rain suits are the worst raingear I ever owned. In less than two years after purchase, both the jacket and bibs leaked like badly. Only took one time while fishing a tournament and being soaking wet/cold for me. Tossed them in the trash can and ordered me some Cabela's guide wear series rain suit (Gore tex is the key) and have never looked back!
    I carry the light weight Fogg Toggs ($20 at Wal-Mart) in the boat for the summer time storms.
    FREEDOM IS NOT FREE-SOMEONE PAID.

5. Member
    Stormr Fusion is a darn good suit!

6. Banned
    I just bought Huk all-weather bibs and jacket. Kept me dry as can be in pour down rain for 8 hours. Spent just north of $300 for the set. Quality gear.

7. Banned
    im still rocking my cabelas guidewear and love it. got it on clearance a few years ago and it still looks new

8. Banned
    If I was above the Mason Dixon I'd get these:

9. Member
    Cabalas Guidewear only! Bought the bibs and parka in 2002 and never had a problem.

If I ever get a new suit it will be Cabelas Guidewear. I currently have a BPS XPS rain suit and its worked well for the last 4 years. No leaking issues as of yet and paid $300 for both the jacket and bibs

11. Member
    I purchased a Cabelas guide wear suit and after being in the rain for 3 hours I was soaked. I guess I got a bad one, but will never buy again.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BSSCT98 View Post
    I purchased a Cabelas guide wear suit and after being in the rain for 3 hours I was soaked. I guess I got a bad one, but will never buy again.
    You got a bad one!!! Mine is 13 years old and still great.

My Cabelas Guidewear Parka is excellent as far as keeping me dry. I just wish it wasn't so Dxxx stiff.

14. Member
    I laughed at the walking billboard comment. I have the 100MPH suit and it has done its job perfectly. I completely understand where you are coming from though. I would much prefer the badges weren't as big but for the price I paid and for them being on their third season, I am not complaining function wise and would buy a new pair in a heartbeat when the time finally comes.

Quote Originally Posted by BSSCT98 View Post
    You need to send it back with a letter explaining the problem and Cabelas will replace it.
    FREEDOM IS NOT FREE-SOMEONE PAID.

16. Member
    I bought Frabill F4 suit this past spring and all I can say is it is the best investment I have ever made for myself.... I hesitated spending that kind of money, but I don't regret doing it at all. I realized this after my first trip when it is cold and raining and I was warm and dry. Every time I wear the suit I am so glad that I bought it.

I had guidewear for 12 years and it was ok. Got wet once in awhile but still better than what I had before. This past season I got a Gill OS2 rainsuit and I like it a lot more than my guidewear. I was in some heavy rains this year and I stayed 100% dry. The guidewear didn't leak or anything but water would find its way in through the front of the coat and soak my shirt no matter if all the zippers and Velcro was attached or not.

StormR USA makes a fantastic product. Little pricey but well worth it.
    Live Hard, Fish Harder!

20. Banned
    I sold my Huk gear and bough BPS 100mph set. All I can say is "damn". I don't think I'll need anything else for a long, long time.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast