Thread: Rain suits

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rain suits

Got some OT coming in the Next few days. Time to buy a good rain suit and bibs. Thinking about the Frabill F4 suit. I can pick up both the jacket and the bibs for $460 or I can wait til TW black Friday sale and get them for $400. Does anybody have one of these suits? I thought about the 100mph suits but I don't need to be a walking Billboard for BPS when I am not on the water.

2. Member
    Don't know about that suit
    but my wife bought me the
    bibs and rain coat from gander
    mountain there brand. If your interested
    i can get you the exact kind.
    She gave 89 dollars apiece and
    love them best rain suit i ever
    had and I had a 10x for 20 years.

3. Member
    I bought a rain suit from Lukes Ultra lite in Columbus Ohio. He specializes in custom made gear for back packers. Whole suit weights about 20 oz. I did the shower test on them just for shi### and giggles when I got them and they kept me dry as a bone. I fish mainly in warm weather so insulation or heavy material was not what I wanted. I paid around $400 for them. American made by a veteran, custom fit to my measurements. My wife is a quilter and she said that the stiching on the suit was excellent.

Frabill F4 rain suits are the worst raingear I ever owned. In less than two years after purchase, both the jacket and bibs leaked like badly. Only took one time while fishing a tournament and being soaking wet/cold for me. Tossed them in the trash can and ordered me some Cabela's guide wear series rain suit (Gore tex is the key) and have never looked back!
    I carry the light weight Fogg Toggs ($20 at Wal-Mart) in the boat for the summer time storms.
    FREEDOM IS NOT FREE-SOMEONE PAID.

6. Member
    Stormr Fusion is a darn good suit!

7. Banned
    I just bought Huk all-weather bibs and jacket. Kept me dry as can be in pour down rain for 8 hours. Spent just north of $300 for the set. Quality gear.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    I just bought Huk all-weather bibs and jacket. Kept me dry as can be in pour down rain for 8 hours. Spent just north of $300 for the set. Quality gear.
    +1 on the Huk. i have also purchased their sister company Nomad for hunting gear. Great stuff
    2003 Skeeter ZX200

9. Banned
    im still rocking my cabelas guidewear and love it. got it on clearance a few years ago and it still looks new

10. Banned
    If I was above the Mason Dixon I'd get these:

11. Member
    Cabalas Guidewear only! Bought the bibs and parka in 2002 and never had a problem.

If I ever get a new suit it will be Cabelas Guidewear. I currently have a BPS XPS rain suit and its worked well for the last 4 years. No leaking issues as of yet and paid $300 for both the jacket and bibs

13. Member
    I purchased a Cabelas guide wear suit and after being in the rain for 3 hours I was soaked. I guess I got a bad one, but will never buy again.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BSSCT98 View Post
    I purchased a Cabelas guide wear suit and after being in the rain for 3 hours I was soaked. I guess I got a bad one, but will never buy again.
    You got a bad one!!! Mine is 13 years old and still great.

You need to send it back with a letter explaining the problem and Cabelas will replace it.
    FREEDOM IS NOT FREE-SOMEONE PAID.

16. Member
    I bought Frabill F4 suit this past spring and all I can say is it is the best investment I have ever made for myself.... I hesitated spending that kind of money, but I don't regret doing it at all. I realized this after my first trip when it is cold and raining and I was warm and dry. Every time I wear the suit I am so glad that I bought it.

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott6419 View Post
    I bought Frabill F4 suit this past spring and all I can say is it is the best investment I have ever made for myself.... I hesitated spending that kind of money, but I don't regret doing it at all. I realized this after my first trip when it is cold and raining and I was warm and dry. Every time I wear the suit I am so glad that I bought it.
    just got the Frabill jacket and bibbs for Christmas. They look REALLY well made. Will find out how they do in a couple of weeks.

18. Member
    Me too, always came to weigh in looking like I peed my pants when I took suit off. Really only leaked badly there though. Jacket was better than bibs.

My Cabelas Guidewear Parka is excellent as far as keeping me dry. I just wish it wasn't so Dxxx stiff.

20. Member
    I laughed at the walking billboard comment. I have the 100MPH suit and it has done its job perfectly. I completely understand where you are coming from though. I would much prefer the badges weren't as big but for the price I paid and for them being on their third season, I am not complaining function wise and would buy a new pair in a heartbeat when the time finally comes.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast