Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    I love the fleece lined brush tough...I don't typically start wearing them down here until sometime in December though, they are WARM and I hate getting cold.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smoker View Post
    Cabelas northern flight 1 strap waders... they will change your life
    These are what I have and agree comfy and I hike in half mile to mile. Held up great for me.
    Nick Frazer
    YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Pin2win201

3. Happiness is a Sporty! F150owner's Avatar
    Ok, got my Cabelas Supermag 1600 waders. The new boot is significantly smaller in design than the prior boot. The size 9 fit of the older boot design was actually loose on my foot. Even with thick wool socks, there was some room. The older boot design had issues with cracks/tears developing at the point of flex at the ankle on the front of the boot. Cabelas apparently addressed this with a new design.

The new boot is extremely tight and the sizing is not accurate. I wear a size 8 1/2 and on all shoes, my big toe never hits the tip of the shoe on the inside. In the size 9 boots, my toe touches the end of the boot on the inside. It's tolerable but not the comfort I expected. The waders have gone up $50 in price in 3 years. If you wear a wide size shoe, these will be miserable for you. I wear fleece type stirrup pants with waders for additional warmth and moisture absorption. The new boot is so tight getting it on that I almost can't get my foot down into the boot. Going up a size to a 10 will result in a lot longer inseam which won't work for me as the I'll have lots of folds in the legs from where its bunched up. The alternative is to spend an extra $125 on some breathable waders that I know fit well and I'm not willing to do that at this point.

So, to sum up, the Cabelas Supermags have the same upper body but new boots. Quality of the neoprene and uppers are the same. The new boots are equivalent to one size down. For example a size 9 is really a size 8.

Allison XB21 2+2, Merc 250 ProXS, 1.62 Sportmaster, Hydromotive Engineering X-OB 29
    Excel 1751 Viper F4, Tohatsu 50 4-stroke, EZ-Trac trailer
    FeelFree Lure 11.5 Kayak

4. Member
    those rogers toughman look like the same tough matrerial in an old herters brand I had many years ago. those things lasted at least 10 years if memory serves. I think the storage time hurt them more tha the usage
    Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    I too wear the stout size. Get the Roger's Toughman Standard Stout or Elite Stout. They are much better than the LaCrosse and I've been a LaCrosse wader user since 1998. LaCrosse has lost it's quality over the years, the Brush Tuff ATS was the final straw for me after having to return two pairs of them in two years. I'm not familiar with the AeroTuff as I have yet to see them, but the downhill slide I've witnessed in LaCrosse quality would make me stay away from them.

The Cabela's SuperMag 1600 are good and Cabela's does a good job backing them, but I've just liked the Roger's Toughman waders better. You certainly can't beat the price of the Roger's waders either.

https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/...ers-stout.html

https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/...rs-stouts.html

I don't quite understand your issue with the chest size and outseam? The bigger chest size allows you more room for added layers of clothing - I'm able to tuck my jacket inside my waders which makes me SUPER warm on those days below freezing.

5. Banned
    It's funny you mention the change in boot size, I have noticed that change with other brands too in that they seem to be running smaller than in years past.

Did you use the $20 off a $100 purchase coupon? Seems like Cabela's is raising prices across the board by $10 or so because I think their coupons are being used more and more than ever before. I've been pricing goose floaters the last day or so and kind of noticed the price change on other items as well.

If it were me, I'd go up to the 10 and not worry about the extra inseam. I've had some extra inseam in the past, it never was really an issue for me. I'd much rather have good fitting boots and deal with the extra inseam, I think the extra inseam puts less stress on the seams making the seams leak-free for a longer period of time.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RTex View Post
    I think the storage time hurt them more tha the usage
    always does

7. Member
    I don't duck hunt regularly, but the old Herters waders lasted what seemed like forever. I had a pair for tube fishing ,daubing, and wore those things for 10 years or so. The boots finally dry rotted. I have a pair of Cabelas waders now that I have had for 5 or 6 years, they aren't neopreme but they have been good tough waders ( I did poke a hole in them daubing for crappie) this last spring. Cabelas stuff seems to be real good quality.

8. Member
    Have a pair of Frogg Toggs ducking hunting waders, have lasted a long-time to be fair. There's plenty of other decently priced options out there to check out - https://catchthemeasy.com/best-duck-...waders-review/

Quote Originally Posted by Marko12 View Post
    Have a pair of Frogg Toggs ducking hunting waders, have lasted a long-time to be fair. There's plenty of other decently priced options out there to check out - https://catchthemeasy.com/best-duck-...waders-review/
    Since the OP asked this question a year and a half ago I'm guess he got it sorted out by now. But hey, welcome to BBC.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

10. T Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    Since the OP asked this question a year and a half ago I'm guess he got it sorted out by now. But hey, welcome to BBC.
    Maybe the OP was just waiting for the perfect suggestion and finally got it

11. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smoker View Post
    Cabelas northern flight 1 strap waders... they will change your life
    They are what I wear now.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

12. Happiness is a Sporty! F150owner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    Yep, see post #43

Allison XB21 2+2, Merc 250 ProXS, 1.62 Sportmaster, Hydromotive Engineering X-OB 29
    Excel 1751 Viper F4, Tohatsu 50 4-stroke, EZ-Trac trailer
    FeelFree Lure 11.5 Kayak

13. Member
    Back in the 80's and early 90's I had a pair of Rainfair waders that I swear were bulletproof, waterproof, fireproof, drag them down the highway/dirt road proof, you name it proof. I guess they went out of business but they made a damn tough wader. Maybe I just got a good pair I don't know. I don't even duck hunt anymore but I'd buy a pair of them and start back if they did. Good times back then.
    Last edited by RangerAce; 06-25-2017 at 06:28 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123