Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Listing my 2016 RT188 for sale shortly here on BBC -- unfortunate circumstances

Some of you may have seen my posts in recent weeks. I just picked up my RT188 barely a month ago and I've only had it on the water ONCE. Has about ~3 hours on it. Since then I've spent most weekends installing the electronics (HDS-9 and HDS-12), plus the MercMonitor and SmartCraft gauge.

Unfortunately my family and I have been dealt a hand that we did not see coming. My son who is 4.5 y/o has been battling leukemia since his first birthday and was about to finally come off treatment after 3+ years. We thought he had beaten his leukemia, but after some strange symptoms we just found out last week that he is relapsing

We're devastated to say the least and will be doing everything we can to help him overcome this a second time around, but this also means another entire round of treatment starting from scratch. Another ~3 years of major chemo and other treatments (non-stop), which will be even harsher this time around.

Needless to say, the medical bills will pile up and he won't be able to be near the water either. He was so excited to go fishing and talks about our one day out on the lake constantly, but during his treatment his immune system will be wiped out and exposure to large groups of people (malls, movies, restaurants) and places like lakes and rivers are strictly forbidden.

Certainly a base of bad luck and bad timing, but it's just a boat, so I'll have to figure out how to get another once he is done beating this damn cancer a second time around. Will be a very tough road for him but we'll get it done!

If anyone knows someone looking for an RT188, or if that's you, this will be a great opportunity and you'll definitely be helping us.

I'll get the details over to BBC along with some pics, the factory options and the upgrades already made. You can look at some of my former threads for some pics/details as well.

2. Member
    I am so sorry for what you and your family are going through and will pray for you and yours.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hookedup2 View Post
    I am so sorry for what you and your family are going through and will pray for you and yours.
    Thank you, we really appreciate that. Every prayer and positive thought helps!

Edit: My son's blog just in case anyone is curious (www.noahkeck.com). Wasn't updated for a while since there was no news until recently. Didn't want anyone to think this wasn't legitimate.
    Last edited by ckeck; 10-21-2015 at 02:02 AM. Reason: added link

Iam very sorry to hear this! I will be praying for the little man, as well as the whole family. I will put him on our prayer list at church. My wife has MS so I know all to well about the med bills. Try and stay strong for family. I know it's hard. God bless!

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

5. Papap
    So sorry to hear about his bad luck. Hope all goes well. We never know what is ahead of us in life.
    2016 Ranger RT188
    Suzuki 115SS
    80# Fourtrex
    Lowrance HDS 10 & 9

6. Member
    God Bless your little boy sir.

7. Member
    so sorry to hear this and god bless your family.

8. Member
    Prayers sent your way
    2008 Tracker PT 190
    2015 Merc 90HP 4stroke, 19P Spitfire X7 44-45mph
    Lowrance Elite Ti7
    Minnkota Powerdrive V2 iPilot

Makes me sad to hear this. Praying for him and the whole family.

10. Member
    Cancer sucks, been there with my wife.....Prayers to your family my man

11. Member
    Very sad. God bless your boy.

12. Member
    Prayers for a miracle healing!

God Bless this little one. Prayers for all of you.

We do what we have to do. Nothing more important than your little ones. Praying for his healing and his family's strength thru this difficult time.

15. Member
    Prayers for you and the family!!! Sad little ones have to go thru this before they even get a chance to live life....sounds like you got a little battler there and he will pull thru!

16. Member
    Thank you everyone. All of your prayers, thoughts and concern means more to us than you know!

17. Member
    prayers for sure!!

18. Member
    From one father to another I pray for the best for all of you. My son has DMD I know how you feel.

19. Banned
    Godspeed

20. Member
    So sorry to hear this

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast