Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Lkmbjb502 View Post
    Bob - several of us are using mountain bike handle bar stems as a handle - and having used it with and without - Motorguide should probably think about doing something similar from the factory. We are using a bar stem from Cannondale (Lefty model - we have tried a few others but this one seemed to be the best solution) - fits the shaft (as that is a common handle bar size) and makes stowing much easier. I can't take credit for this Mod - as one of my fishing buddies and fellow BBC member PBIRD came up with it.

http://www.bbcboards.net/nitro-boats/622125-xi5-install-z8.html

Good Luck.

-Jonathan
    I did the same thing. Just couldn't see grabbing the cables..Perfect!
    2015 Legend V20
    250 ProXS
    Lowrance HDSLIVE 12s/16
    BBC Member since 2003

2. Member
    Installed mine last night and love it!!! Great idea and thanks for sharing this!

3. Member
    Good deal - glad it was a success for you guys. I have said it before, I love the anchor function of the Xi5 so much I doubt I could ever go back to a Cable/non-GPS style TM - and after having used the Xi5 withOUT a handle (for about a month) and WITH a handle (for about 9 months) - I don't think I could go back to using one withOUT a handle - at least not on my current boat/install/setup.

Good Luck.

-Jonathan
    Jonathan Adkins
    2022 Nitro Z21xl 250 ProXS4S
    HDSLive12s/Ghost/AT2/G360

4. Member
    Seen this on a few boats. WWW.BowMountLift-Home, kinda spendy, but a few guys built their own on walleye central,much cheaper.

This is the site. Dont think Ill spend that but its interesting
    http://www.bowmountlift.com/

6. Banned
    I've never found it to be heavy at all to just put in the water or pull it out. I just step on the release bar and it lifts right up.

7. Member
    I think it depends on the boat and install location. With my Z8 I have to sort of step out on the nose, over/around my graph...much easier with the handle.

Good luck.

-Jonathan
    Jonathan Adkins
    2022 Nitro Z21xl 250 ProXS4S
    HDSLive12s/Ghost/AT2/G360

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobkr3nn View Post
    I am trying a new design for a lifting handle for my XI5. I am buying an extra depth adjustment collar and I am going to figure out a way to connect a G Force lifting handle to that. I think it may just be the cats meow-stay tuned. I will try to get some pics up when I get it set up as I have just ordered the stuff online.

Regards,

Bob
    Have you got it built yet???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12