RT188 Owners (or similar) - Pics of your LSS and HDI Transducer locations?

Tons of threads discussing where best to mount these but would love to see what some of you have settled on and where exactly you mounted them. It's the last thing I've got to do before I can get back on the water.

Thanks in advance!

* no traction in the Ranger sub-forum so giving this a shot

2. Member
    Will try to get some pics this afternoon. I have the hdi mounted on my trolling motor. The lss is mounted on the transom close to the center line and below the 2d xducer.

3. Member
    ducer.jpg
    HDI on trolling motor and I just mirrored the location of the HST ducer on the transom for the location of the LSS2.
    '01 - Kirk's Mud Boat - E82 Subaru
    '16 - Ranger RT188 - Shadowgrass - 115 Yamaha SHO

"Take it easy. If it comes easy, take it twice."

4. Papap
    is that the jackplate from Ranger?
    2016 Ranger RT188
    Suzuki 115SS
    80# Fourtrex
    Lowrance HDS 10 & 9

Attachment 204840 TI like the location of the LSS1 because I can get down imaging on plane. I also have an HDI transducer on the trolling motor. I do however get a lot of spray.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by papap View Post
    is that the jackplate from Ranger?
    Yes, it is not really a jackplate. Just a 4 inch setback.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds View Post
    Attachment 204840 TI like the location of the LSS1 because I can get down imaging on plane. I also have an HDI transducer on the trolling motor. I do however get a lot of spray.
    That is pretty close to where mine are located. Though, they are a little further to the right. I will say if you have not installed the 2d xducer yet, you should invest in the HST-DFSBL xducer. I had it installed on my old tin boat by bass n gas, when I took Randy Kuhens precision sonar "on the water" class. He recommends it for pontoons and tin boats, it has more surface area and reads better at speed. I have it on my 188 now and it works great up to about 3/4 trim or 35-40mph. If I didn't have the dealer mount it using the same holes as the factory Elite 7 xducer I would have mounted it a little lower, and it would probably read at all speeds. Depth reading isn't that important to me at WOT anyway, because if I don't know where I'm at I won't be going that fast anyway.

8. Member
    the boat it self put a lot of spray... i took a video this weekend about it. i went to the transom while running WOT

this is how i have it installed

http://www.bbcboards.net/tin-boats/5...ted-rt188.html

9. Member
    This is how i mounted my LSS1 with the skimmer transducer. [IMG]20151013-120546[/IMG] Tryed to stay away from tabs on boat.The skimmer loses bottom about 20 mph.still working on adjusting it.

10. Member
    20151013_120546_resized.jpgok got it to go through .

11. Member
    Really helpful everyone, thank you!

A lot of comments about the HDI transducer on the TM, but my Fortrex has the universal sonar built-in that i have connected to the bow HDS unit. Any reason not to use that for the TM?

Quote Originally Posted by ckeck View Post
    Really helpful everyone, thank you!

A lot of comments about the HDI transducer on the TM, but my Fortrex has the universal sonar built-in that i have connected to the bow HDS unit. Any reason not to use that for the TM?
    The advantage to the HDI transducer is that it gives you down imaging and 2d sonar in one transducer that is small enough to mount on the trolling motor. You don't get side imaging but you do get down imaging. Previously, I got down imaging from the transom mounted LSS1 transducer but it is 18 feet behind me.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching