Eletronics and MercMonitor/SmartCraft Gauge install complete on my RT188 - finally

Note to future self...don't ever do this again...let the dealer handle it

Was a heck of a lot more involved that I had thought but had to have everything set up and working (haven't tested on the water yet).

- HDS-9 Gen3 on the console with the custom BBT mount (awesome quality and support from Van)
    - HDS-12 Gen3 on the bow...only made sense to put the bigger screen up there when I'd be looking at it more from a distance (4" mount from BBT)
    - MercMonitor (L2) / SmartCraft Gauge
    - Digital Trim Sender
    - Got the Fortrex universal sonar adapter connected to the bow HDS
    - HDS units are networked

LSS2 and HDI transducer are run but not mounted. Could use some advice (meaning pics) on the best place to mount those.

I did notice while trying to pull out the cable for the factory transducer that was powering the Elite 3 Chirp unit, it does not budge. Cable must be zip tied somewhere in the side of the boat. What do you do in that situation? Just cut it out?

How's it look? I only have two bolts in the mount up front currently...think I'm going to put some bolts through with a couple of lock nuts on the bottom side.

DuThRhbdYRmE9KWPsbI5yy73gVs40-OUtBDaEQ-qwNw.jpgJUOMGLARNtuvukst-gno7wEnVLV57Ej6xhe762l-GZw.jpgY0PzifMyuF-cq9om1hyJOoJaGIM-Iya2N0PPBIUmshY.jpg

2. Member
    Looks sweet there buddy, Van does a super job with his mounts as usual. We all ways mount the LSD2 on the starb side of your engine and run the cable up and threw your rigging boat. Not real sure on the transducer thing but I think our guys have pulled them threw before.

3. Banned
    Sweet looking

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Very Nice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope your Happy with your Setup !!!! Van BBT

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Boat Tech View Post
    Very Nice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope your Happy with your Setup !!!! Van BBT
    Yup, I love it...ended up keeping the 1" spacer and one of the 3/4" spacers for a bit extra room. Let me know if you ever make a 1-3/4" spacer as a single piece :)

Locks going on this weekend and hope to get it on the water for some testing. Just need to figure out where best to mount the new HDI transducer and LSS. I appreciate all the help.