Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Thank you very much. I'm shooting for 30x40 right now. I am thinking that should leave plenty of room behind the Z21 for my mower, etc
    2005 Ranger Z21 2005 Mercury Optimax 250XS Serial#OT999281 25P Mercury Tempest +

Quote Originally Posted by CxThree View Post
    Thank you very much. I'm shooting for 30x40 right now. I am thinking that should leave plenty of room behind the Z21 for my mower, etc
    That's a good size....I have a 30x40 detached. It holds a Z71, Chevelle, 20' Bullet and a 1930 Hot Rod. My attached is 36x30......
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. Member
    Awesome. Any pics available of the inside?
    2005 Ranger Z21 2005 Mercury Optimax 250XS Serial#OT999281 25P Mercury Tempest +

4. Member
    Could I ask what I should expect to pay to put up a detached 24x36 garage?

5. Member
    CXP138, the prices area all over the place, depending on where you live and who you get to build it. Here, I am up against some building codes from my HOA. By the time I finish the 2 story building, it might be as much as some starter homes.

6. Member
    Not sure if it would be cost of new starter home but cost of a new boat maybe. Wait, those are about the same! I think I paid 40k for the NY garage posted above, turn key other than interior paint, with radiant floor heat, 2001 prices.

7. Member
    Thank you guys both for the feedback...awesome ranger caves for sure!

8. Member
    The first quote I got was $128K. That included $30K of dirt removal, grading, and a retaining wall to prep the area. It all depends on what you have to have in your plan. For me, my HOA lost the fight over me building the garage, but they could assign standards. It has to be brick front, etc. I'm doing a 2nd floor and probably a hip roof to match the home. It sucks to spend this much, but its something I want and I believe it adds value to the home that will pay off later. Granted, the first guy's quote was too high and his GC fee was included there. I am working this through a GC friend who is far less on his fees and I am leveraging contractors we both know to keep the cost under control. The grading and retaining wall are now done. Working on the remaining permits and final plan before doing the foundation.

This thread is a great part of my planning.

9. Legend Boats Moderator
    Here is my boat cave. Not exactly a "ranger cave" but maybe one day lol. Fully insulated and has 2 sides. The smaller side having an in floor drain. This is the side I usually keep all of my lawn equipment in. On the bigger side I keep my duck boat for now, until a bass boat gets in the picture. I built mobile peg boards so I can pull them to the boat if I need to grab different things/re-stock. Cant wait till I have a bass boat in there!
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassAssassin22 View Post
    Here is my boat cave. Not exactly a "ranger cave" but maybe one day lol. Fully insulated and has 2 sides. The smaller side having an in floor drain. This is the side I usually keep all of my lawn equipment in. On the bigger side I keep my duck boat for now, until a bass boat gets in the picture. I built mobile peg boards so I can pull them to the boat if I need to grab different things/re-stock. Cant wait till I have a bass boat in there!
    That's really impressive! I'd love something like that.
    Collins Boating Pro Staff - Smithfield, North Carolina
    JeffreyDavisFishing.com
    | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram | NC Bass Challenge

11. Member
    That's a great space.

12. Member
    I'm so jealous!

13. Member
    I have a 32x32 with plenty of room to park my z520c, Kia Rio and my Duramax Crew Cab along with my big slag. If I was building today it would be 32x60 with a pull threw garage.

I have a 10ft ceiling had the builder extend one side 3ft to 28ft total ceiling fans a must for drying out also mop sink. Z-118 is 18'8" so with 28' total about 3ft in front and back left for walking around. Spare parts wall & 45th anniversary memorabilia wall.
    Last edited by bassbama; 03-16-2017 at 09:18 AM.

Tournament-Fishing \"It\'s not a question of if you will be humbled but how many times\"

15. Member
    Is that a mechanical wheel dolly on your front tire? Do you have one on each side? What brand?
    Scott W. Hatten
    2021 Ranger 1859MS
    2021 Mercury ProXS 150 & 2021 ProXS 9.9
    ScottHatten@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by SHatten View Post
    Is that a mechanical wheel dolly on your front tire? Do you have one on each side? What brand?
    No what your seeing is the spare tire holder without the spare it has chrome lug nuts on it to protect the threads.

Tournament-Fishing \"It\'s not a question of if you will be humbled but how many times\"

17. Member
    Just broke ground on a 40x32 cant wait. Thinking about 3 doors.

18. Member

I built essentially a 4 car detached garage, but the "fourth" bay has no garage door. 38'x58' with 14' bays. 12' clear height ceiling, floor drains, A/C and heat.

One the neat things is I put (2) exhaust fans above boat to dry deck after rain. A commercial grade wall mounted vacuum is a must for a boat.

I'll take some overall pics this weekend...
    Brad
    '16 Ranger 521c
    250 Merc Pros XS

Quote Originally Posted by gatechfan View Post

I built essentially a 4 car detached garage, but the "fourth" bay has no garage door. 38'x58' with 14' bays. 12' clear height ceiling, floor drains, A/C and heat.

One the neat things is I put (2) exhaust fans above boat to dry deck after rain. A commercial grade wall mounted vacuum is a must for a boat.

I'll take some overall pics this weekend...
    Nice setup like your overhead rod storage will have to install similar. One of the best things I did was also have a high ceiling great to be able to walk around inside boat without having to duck. On a side non interior garage note stone on the front looks good.

20. Member

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast