Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I does handle very well. My fishing partner has a 2010 201 DC Evo with a talon, 36 volt Fortrex, and with both of us with all of our tournament gear we can run 74+.
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

2. Member
    i have poles on mine...and it is alittle rear heavy but it handles well..
    Aaron Strickland Wheelersburg, Ohio
    2000 bullet 21 xdc 300xs
    "do to others what you would have them do to you"[/I][/B]

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KCLOST View Post
    I'm just kidding with ya, Duff... Both of those boats were Catfish's (owner) and used very little, babied so to speak. I have seen them in the showroom a million times, as I have been a ProStaff member with SM for the last several years. Now that I am without a boat, I am a good friend with everyone there... Used to Demo boats or help in the showroom for them when needed. If you want to take it for a run, let Travis know he will set u you up.
    you the ranger guy? the one who they were just selling the boat in the last month?
    Last edited by rduffy75; 10-20-2015 at 11:32 AM.
    SEAGUAR

Nope, I'm an old Stratos guy.......
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rduffy75 View Post
    stratosfisher

how is it when fishing in the wind does it blow around alot? I have heard they can be difficult to handle on the trollingmotor in high winds? it would seem from your description there might be some truth to this, if they are heavy in the rear! I only ask cause if this is the case I might just have to add PP or Talons Which I have never used, am I missing out by never having them or are they chunks of metal I will use 5% of the time?

There is some truth to this. While it does sit in place well in the wind, I have been in other models of boats that sat lower and didn't catch the wind as much. That's just another part of the reason I weight to the front of my boat. I also rarely have any problem because I fish 2 on the front nearly every trip which minimizes the situation. My brother and I fish out of my boat every weekend in team trails and we are shoulder to shoulder sharing the trolling motor all day.

With regards to PP or Talons, they are amazing tools. I use them for everything. I use mine for docking the boat, bed fishing, shallow water flats fishing, drifting over areas without spooking fish when I want to stop, and many more reasons.

6. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    Reviving an old thread here....

Thinking about stepping up from my 2004 295 Pro XL to a 2009 Stratos 201 XL Evo.

I know that it has a 40 gallon livewell, but does it have an easily removable divider? That's important to me, as I fish for big pike as well. I'll need a big barrel of a livewell for the long run back to weigh in.
    Maple syrup... I put that sh*t on everything!
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel

7. Member
    The livewell divider in the 09 can not be removed to best of my knowlege

8. Member
    my tourny partner has a 201 pro with 250 merc, it doesn' do anything wrong, period!! great boats!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

9. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VOL-FISHER View Post
    The livewell divider in the 09 can not be removed to best of my knowlege
    ... and how do you know this? Most boats that have a livewell divider that can be removed. Someone had to install the divider. I need that option for big pike (15# plus) and monster Quinte walleye.

I'm going to see the boat this Wednesday. I'll definitely check.
    Maple syrup... I put that sh*t on everything!
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12