30 degree vs 60 degree vs 90 degree swimbait heads?

I am looking to buy some more swimbait heads (jigheads to place soft swimbaits on) but have not caught enough fish on a day with a swimbait to know what my hook up rate is on 30 degree vs 60 degree vs 90 degree line tie. I usually throw 3/16 oz to 1/2oz heads - any input appreciated. THANK YOU!

I fish mainly open or hard structure. When I am in grass I tend to go more to a belly weight but could do a jighead with weedguard - input always appreciated.

THANK YOU!
    Where are the BIG ones? When are we going?
    LOOKING for a Great deal on a Slightly used 20-21' Boat.

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Here ya go Picasso Catalog

I have found the 90 degree hook has a terrible hook up ratio.

30 degree is the real deal.

3. Member
    Any other input?

4. Member
    Stay with a standard wire 30 or 60 degree. Everyone wants a heavy wire for some reason. I pour my own using a 60 degree standard wire. Never had any bending issues. Even when hooking up with 40# cats or pike. Its a lot easier to drive a finish nail than a 12D nail. Look for a head that has more weight at the bottom of the jig for ballast. It will always stay up right and wont roll on its side when deflecting off cover..
    Last edited by brushsjigs; 10-20-2015 at 12:51 PM.

5. Member
    Seeing if anyone has some updated input on this is it still perplexes me as I would think it makes a definite difference but it seems like there's not much out there about it. Thank you.

6. Member
    I mostly just use a ball head with a 90deg that I make myself. Never had any hookup problems at all since I started throwing them about 7years ago .

that said, the 60 and 30 do come through grass better but Just like the OP said, if I’m fishing grass then I’ll just use a belly weight hook. Open water is ball head every single time, hook up ratio is close to 100% with the right rod. The 90deg eye is Easier to pop free from the bottom of snagged too
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp