Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Lake cumberland fishing report

Any one fished cumberland lately. Think about giving it a try in the morning. Just wondering what the fishing was like right now.
    Thanks for any help

2. Member
    I went for about 2.5 hours this evening- first trip since spring as I've been fishing cedar. Caught 2- keeper sized largemouth and had about 4 other bites but it was tuff for me. Lots of boat traffic today

3. Member
    Anybody know how the fishing has been in past couple days.

4. Member
    Seen some real good smallmouth pics from today-didn’t ask for details

5. Member
    Went today and caught 16. Had one keeper sm and 4 others over 17". One 4lb largemouth and a few chunk spots with the biggest about 2 1/2 or 3
    They aint got hands, set the hook

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    Went today and caught 16. Had one keeper sm and 4 others over 17". One 4lb largemouth and a few chunk spots with the biggest about 2 1/2 or 3
    Run out of bobbers?

7. Member
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by cbp84 View Post
    Run out of bobbers?

Yep

I have some stuff I am going to sale...you have a PM

Weights looked good in tournament results. Myself and another went out of Jamestown and had a rough day boating only 3. Fishing partner caught a nice 3.5 LM and a 19" SM. No numbers for us.
    Hook sets are free

10. Member
    Massive shad kill going on- last time I remember one like this made late winter super tuff but spring was great with esp super fatty spots- I went this am and didn’t get a bite but dead and dying shad was everywhere - what say the bbc experts?

Quote Originally Posted by HH45cal View Post
    Massive shad kill going on- last time I remember one like this made late winter super tuff but spring was great with esp super fatty spots- I went this am and didn’t get a bite but dead and dying shad was everywhere - what say the bbc experts?
    What part of lake did you fish? There were some good weights from Sundays tourney I saw posted on facebook.
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HH45cal View Post
    Yep i saw all the shad. We stunk it up big time Sunday too mid lake. Only had 2 bites all day. Also talked to about 10 boats & only one had caught a fish & he also said it was the only bite all day for him. From what i heard it was way better at the dam.

13. Banned
    Am I mistaken that the shad die off is the absolute best time to fish Cland? How were Yao fishing?

14. Member
    I was fishing below fall creek , tight lining / arig, jerkbait— several times my arig would have 2-3 shad impaled on the retrieve - was around nsane amount of bait— yeah I had a bil catch some nice smallies sat from his pontoon, which doesn’t even have a trolling motor and most likely was using a rhino rod ;)

15. Member
    I had been thumping smallies and strippers for several weeks prior to shad kill btw in same areas- guess I lost my mojo

I didn't see any dying shad when I was there Sunday. I'm sure most of the big bags weighed in those tournaments those guys know what the heck they're doing but am seeing that lower end is producing quite a bit more than middle/upper. Never really saw much on graph, fish we did see and bait we saw was 60 feet deep or more.
    Hook sets are free

17. Member
    Epic shad kill- went today, creeks stuffed with bait and dying shad- did scratch out 4 nice ones but I’m predicting epic spring

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    Am I mistaken that the shad die off is the absolute best time to fish Cland? How were Yao fishing?
    Jigs, spoons, silver buddy, a rig, shakey heads, jerkbait & cranking etc. If i had brought the kitchen sink i'd have throwed it. I know 1 guy who had over 20 sunday , & another that caught several smallmouth too. The fellow with over 20 said match the bait or go home empty handed which i did.

19. Member
    We had 16 or 17 sunday. Only one keeper brown but had 4 over 17" that didnt touch. Had a 3 1/2 largie and several big chunky spots. Had a buddy that went yesterday and had 20 or so with some good largies. Im heading over in the morning to try again
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Fishin is life; 01-27-2018 at 10:32 AM.

We had 16 or 17 sunday. Only one keeper brown but had 4 over 17" that didnt touch. Had a 3 1/2 largie and several big chunky spots. Had a buddy that went yesterday and had 20 or so with some good largies. Im heading over in the morning to try again
    Good deal man! You seem to have something going on at the C.
    Hook sets are free

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast