Thread: holeshot plates

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    RIP -April 30,2023

holeshot plates

i going to gear up to start making some holeshot plates like the one below. with this plate, i can be on the pad in 3 seconds with a 32 bc performer 3. im just trying to get an idea of how much interest there is. they will be available in 3/16" aluminum, 3/16" aluminum with laser cut letters of your choice, 1/8" stainless with or without letters and mirrored stainless with or without letters. the plates will come with all wiring, relays and actuator with brackets. currently, i have dimensions for the 6"detwiler/hydrotech leverage which i know some of us are running. other setups will take some input from buyer, measurements etc. the proto type works extremely well but material was free so im not 100% certain on final price. i will get some prices for material within a week or so. also will be making some deck extensions with doors and/or steps. there will also be an option for a electric actuated flip up depth finder(similar to the factory coffin in the bow on strokers), but flip a switch and it pops up from the deck extension starring at you in the face, all with in reach of the driver. when your done with it, flip switch the other way, and it closes back flat. You will be able to walk on it when stowed in the down postion as if it wasnt there. this will benefit strokers because the lack of space in dash for the big fish finders thats available today which make it impossible to mount one with out hanging it out in the wind and drilling holes in the top cap. also have available is a foil, laser cut letters or with out. aluminum or stainless. below is a pic of the first one i had made for myself. any logo can be laser cut in foil.
    Hunting season is coming up and i want something to do other than sit in a dang stand waiting for my feet to get cold!! This will be something that i enjoy doing and im not trying to get rich, mainly to help folks and having fun doing it.

What's one of those shiny foils go for.....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. Member
    Chris, I took pics at the rally and had planned on making one but I may have a issue with the Lawrance LSS2 side scan transducer that is mounted to the right side of the movable part of the detwiller. How far does the plate extend beyond the side of the detwiller? I think SS or maybe titanium would work great.

4. RIP -April 30,2023
    with "bullet" laser cut in turn downs, 135 plus ride. that will be mirrored stainless steel, .125 thickness

Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    What's one of those shiny foils go for.....

5. RIP -April 30,2023
    about 5" on each side. there is more than enough room to mount transducers to holeshot plate. thats something i might work on in the future, meaning building brackets for the most popular transducers.

Quote Originally Posted by Strokerdean View Post
    Chris, I took pics at the rally and had planned on making one but I may have a issue with the Lawrance LSS2 side scan transducer that is mounted to the right side of the movable part of the detwiller. How far does the plate extend beyond the side of the detwiller? I think SS or maybe titanium would work great.

6. RIP -April 30,2023
    also, for the guys thinking about the plate and wondering which material to have it made from, the ss is prolly 3 or 4 times as heavy as the aluminum. im offshore right now but when i get home, i'll weigh my aluminum and ss plate for the folks wanting to know. the mirrored ss will be by far the prettiest one though

7. Member
    I would be interested in a foil with lazer cutouts as shown above MR. CBailey. I have a 2006 mercury 250xs racing division motor with a sportmaster on it. When you get ready let me know i'll take one. thanks.

8. Iowa/Wisconsin/Hunting & Gun Lodge/Stroker Moderator Wags's Avatar
    The hardest decision for me is what I want Lazer cut on it.
    LeaLea

9. RIP -April 30,2023
    ok, email me at cbailey2798@gmail.com with exactly what you want. material type and what you want laser cut in turn down. also, alot of guys have or have ran a foil in the past and the mounting holes are already drilled in the cavitation plate. in this case, foil can be shipped without any holes which will allow you to drill holes in foil to match the holes currently in cavitation plate.

Quote Originally Posted by NORRIS CRAFT 1 View Post
    I would be interested in a foil with lazer cutouts as shown above MR. CBailey. I have a 2006 mercury 250xs racing division motor with a sportmaster on it. When you get ready let me know i'll take one. thanks.

10. RIP -April 30,2023
    thats easy, . you want me to surprise you with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Wags View Post
    The hardest decision for me is what I want Lazer cut on it.

11. Member
    I will give you some info tomorrow. Thanks for replying back. I want one for sure. Great products hope you sell a bunch. You might be able to quit your day job if all goes well. When i first came on this board you e-mailed me to welcome me abord. Won't forget that.

12. RIP -April 30,2023
    i hope it turns into something but I'm really doing this because I enjoy helping folks. I work 14/14 schedule so I won't be able to work on this stuff everyday but I have no problem doing what I have to do on my days off. The foils aren't a problem. I'll give this post a week or so and see how many people want one and get them built at once. The Holeshot plates will be a little different, unless buyer is running the setup as I am.

13. Member
    Thank you. Mr. cBailey

14. Member
    Prairieville, Louisiana / Zolfo Springs, Florida
    Add a Hole Shot Plate for me!!!

15. Iowa/Wisconsin/Hunting & Gun Lodge/Stroker Moderator Wags's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cbailey View Post
    thats easy, . you want me to surprise you with it?
    I think I have heard some real good ideas from you.
    I really like everything you have going on here
    LeaLea

16. Member
    Can I go the Pulp Fiction route and get one that says Bad Mother Effer?

17. RIP -April 30,2023
    lol, yep. i can do that too.

18. RIP -April 30,2023
    anybody have a BIG depthfinder not in use at the moment. i need one to build the flip up on the deck extension. i can get dimensions from manufactures but want one to make a video of how it will work. ill cut you a break on labor if you want a extension or price on foil. it doesnt even matter if it works.

19. Member
    I think I will be interested in the Holeshot plate Chris!

20. Member
    You been going through my notebooks??? All great ideas I had some ideas very similar for my stroker if I ever get one!!!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast