Thread: Mildew Concern?

Banned

Mildew Concern?

My awning has a bad mildew problem. What is the best way I could clean this? The awning is on a 2009 Rockwood and is a auto operated so question is how could I lower it to where I could clean it if possible. Thanks for any help in this concern.

I have to clean mine frequently because of mildew. I use a bug sprayer and spray it down with a bleach/water solution, roll it up for about 15-20 minutes and then wash it. Most of the time I use the pressure washer. If you do use a pressure washer just dont get the tip too close

(Added) I should have mentioned that I have a Carefree awning. The bleach/water is per their instructions for care
    Last edited by TightLip; 09-30-2015 at 12:22 PM. Reason: added
    "I see dead people"

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TightLip View Post
    I have to clean mine frequently because of mildew. I use a bug sprayer and spray it down with a bleach/water solution, roll it up for about 15-20 minutes and then wash it. Most of the time I use the pressure washer. If you do use a pressure washer just dont get the tip too close
    Thanks tighLip I am at the lake now and raining like all get out. I'll get my Pressure washer up here next time and do just as you suggest. Thanks.

4. GROWING OLD WITH GRACE DA TOAD's Avatar
    This stuff works great on the awnings of my house....should definitely work on your camper awning.

Outdoor Cleaner. Shower Cleaner. Spider Killer | Wet & Forget
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

"Let's raise up our glasses against evil forces......Whiskey for my men, beer for my horses" - Toby Keith

5. Banned
    Good deal Da Toad.

6. GROWING OLD WITH GRACE DA TOAD's Avatar
    It does take some time to work. Don't get impatient. You won't see much of a difference the first day or even the first week. It seems to kick in the second week and then the mildew just disappears and it won't be coming anytime soon. Apply strictly per the directions. Stuff even kills the moss I get in the cracks on my patio between the pavers.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

"Let's raise up our glasses against evil forces......Whiskey for my men, beer for my horses" - Toby Keith

7. Banned
    I've got mildew on the bimini on my pontoon boat. I've yet to find any thing to remove the stuff--since I cannot bleach it. It's a Sunbrella copy fabric--not vinyl.

8. GROWING OLD WITH GRACE DA TOAD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    I've got mildew on the bimini on my pontoon boat. I've yet to find any thing to remove the stuff--since I cannot bleach it. It's a Sunbrella copy fabric--not vinyl.
    My awnings are a canvas type material like sunbrella....should work.

9. Banned
    To lower you awning so you can clean it fully extend it. You'll need something to push up on the roller enough so the arms separate in the middle. Then lower it so it's hanging down against the side of the trailer.

10. Banned
    Thanks Riccochet. When the rains stop and the humidity drops to a livable state I 'll do this work thanks again.