1988 Cajun boat rewire

I would like to rewire my 1988 Cajun bass boat. Looking for some advice and if anyone knows where I can find a wiring diagram available. Thanks.

Unlikely you will find a diagram for your exact boat/year. You can start with a Google search, and a generic wiring diagram.
    http://newboatbuilders.com/images/circuit6.jpg
    This is a pretty good article that outlines standard wiring colors, wire gauges, schematics, etc.
    New Boatbuilders Home Page - Basic Electricity Page 13 - Wiring Your Boat

Get a good fuse block for under the dash and wire direct to that from the battery - then from there to your switches/gauges.

cost a liitle more, I suggest invest in reset circuit breakers, instead of regular fuses except the fish finders etc.. keep the quick blow fuses, and just carry extras

4. Member
    I have a wiring diagram for my 92. Send me a valid email and I will email the doc to you from my home computer.
    William "Bill" Kyte
    Waldorf, MD
    2018 Shenadoah Kerr lake BFL Co-angler Champion

2020 Ranger 520L Evinrude G2 250HO

CBBG- Guess I should have asked first: what's your skill level? Are you familiar with wiring, specifically 12v systems? Do you have the tools to work with? I.e., multi-meter, wire strippers, aviation-style wire crimpers? heat gun? Soldering iron?
    If not, there's more info. we can share that will help you. Making good solid, waterproof connections, and vibration resistant wire runs are key to longevity in marine electrical systems.

I work at Bass Pro, have a ton of friends that do the work(wiring, installations) daily that are willing to help if necessary, a couple others at a marine shop nearby as well. I also build computers, which are definitely different then wiring a boat, but I am pretty savvy when it comes to wiring, technical applications. 12V will be new, I look forward to learning about it. After doing work, found the wiring schematics under one of the lids. Pretty happy about the discovery. Was told that some Cajuns have them under the battery door, lucky mine does. Right now I am just concentrating on getting everything down to the bones and keeping organized. Wiring will be later, as I am looking into doing the stringers. Hopefully, I don't have to do all of them. As for the tools, have a friend who has everything, told me not to buy them(for wiring), so when I get to that part will be set. Was also told about the circuit breakers, etc. I am definitely excited and look forward to doing the work. I appreciate all of the input as there is always room for more advice and knowledge. I don't know everything but will try my best to learn. Thanks everyone!
    It's Fish O'clock somewhere....

I rewired my boat 2yrs ago. Every piece of wire, gauge and switch is new. I ran different color wires for everything but power and ground. If you know wiring you'll be fine. Take your time and think about where everything is going to run. Draw everything out first so you can get a game plan together. I did a small weathertight fuse box under the console. Also use a ground block to keep things clean.

8. Member
    I would also install a master accessory switch.

9. Member
    #16Today, 02:26 PM
    Hey if you have a picture of that wiring diagram, I would love to have a copy, as I just bought a 1984 RGFM and the wiring diagram is gone from the inside cover as well
    the rats/mice chewed up the wiring and I'm going to have to completely rewire this boat
    any help appreciated!

10. Member

Pro fishing wire diagram for 1986 cajun Deux Voie fish n ski bass boat 17.5 ft

Pro diagram for 17.5 fish n ski bass boat deux voie 1986 canjun.
    Attached Images Attached Images

11. Member
    I want to find someone who will rewire my whole boat. 1986 fish n ski Duex voie with pro fish wiring diagram.