Livewell Issues.....HELP

Hello, I noticed the last 2 times out, when I run one of the recirc pumps, it actually pumps water out of the side of the boat. I have a 210 Super Pro and still have the factory setup in there. Any ideas where I can start to look to fix this issue. I imagine its not a pump issue since its pumping water out, but can it be a cable, something blocked, etc.....any help would be appreciated.

What type of livewell water jets do you have. I put Flo Rite in my Astro and the cable selector must be on recirc, and when pull out on the water jet (inside the livewell)so it activates the pump out.

3. Member
    It will do that if the live well management system cables are in the wrong position. Either both all the way forward or all the way back. You'll have to play with it to find out which way it works.

4. Member
    Pancho, I have had the same mgmt system from the start and never had an issue until recently. The cables are all the back as I always keep them, and never had an issue before. Can something be blocking the hoses possibly. Kinda want to get an idea before i go crazy and tear stuff apart...lol

This is the position your levers should be in to keep water in livewell. The bottom lever is connected to a valve under the storage compartment behind the driver seat.image.jpg
    2019 nitro z19 with mercury 4 stroke 200hp.

6. Member
    Correct, I have the same one. Even if I keep them back all the way, and toggle the switch for recirculating, which I have 2 recirc switches, when I switch the far right one only, it will pump out water......I am stumped..

7. Member
    I have a 205 pro and I have the same system as Astrnomical has with the pull out inside the livewell

Quote Originally Posted by klasikwnr View Post
    Correct, I have the same one. Even if I keep them back all the way, and toggle the switch for recirculating, which I have 2 recirc switches, when I switch the far right one only, it will pump out water......I am stumped..
    O.k. Your system is the same as mine. Your system has a "Y" valve on the drivers side. This valve gives you the ability to pump out your live well on the water. In the closed position, it recirculates. Open it pumps out.
    Most likely, the arm on the valve is broken. You need to remove the door for the driver storage compartment, and then the storage compartment. You will then see a valve connected to the hull and live well.

9. Member
    Thank you, going to check that tonigot !!

Curious what you found. Have you fixed it?

11. Member
    I have the same livewell switch. Where can I get a cable for it? Mine broke and I have to reach in the back to open and close the empty valve.

12. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ProcraftRyan View Post
    I have the same livewell switch. Where can I get a cable for it? Mine broke and I have to reach in the back to open and close the empty valve.
    I believe that’s the same system used in some Nitro boats. Was your boat made after the BPS acquisition? If so, I’d start with them.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​