Mercury FACTORY extended warranty options?

Are there any? Picked up a new RT188 last week and I have the 115HP 4S. I've seen some mention of Gold/Platinum coverage. Where can I get more info?

And most important, where can I buy one of these policies without an obscene amount of markup? Thanks!

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by ckeck View Post
    Are there any? Picked up a new RT188 last week and I have the 115HP 4S. I've seen some mention of Gold/Platinum coverage. Where can I get more info?

And most important, where can I buy one of these policies without an obscene amount of markup? Thanks!

We suggest you start with your local Mercury dealer. Maybe one that you would end up using for service. If the boat was new, why didn't the dealer you bought from make the offer for an extended warranty? What is available for additional coverage all depends on what the engine has now. The standard warranty term is three years then the extended options start from there. Some times extended terms are offered as seasonal specials and certificates can be added. From what we see, the pricing is normally fairly consistent. If you need a different plan, you can always try Billy Sartin at Sartin Marine. He is a good guy, Mercury dealer and will take care of you.
    Let us know if you need a hand.
    Thank you,
    Ken
    (517) 930-2721 - Cell